Page 305 of 772 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea it was pretty good. the type of stunts storm should be pulling is astonishing.
    That's what I have been saying. There is soooo much that entails weather throughout the universe that it's crazy. The fact that marvel has her doing basics like lightning, rain and wind is astonishing.

Amazing Member

Inferno illustration from Marvel

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    That's what I have been saying. There is soooo much that entails weather throughout the universe that it's crazy. The fact that marvel has her doing basics like lightning, rain and wind is astonishing.
    exactly and this wealthy of knowledge is all over the net. it just shows their lack of imagination
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

exactly and this wealthy of knowledge is all over the net. it just shows their lack of imagination
    On Saturn it is postulated that pressure is soooo high that methane in the atmosphere becomes diamond. The same goes for Neptune. It rains plasma on the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    On Saturn it is postulated that pressure is soooo high that methane in the atmosphere becomes diamond. The same goes for Neptune. It rains plasma on the sun.
    so that's interesting. I think she could replicate those things on earth but that would result in some pretty harsh repercussions on the environment if she pulled a stunt like that for sure unless it was a focused attack.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wonder if Storm does continue to wear her Gala outfit after?...That would be awesome.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

she could be in a garbage bag for all I care. give me some good stories that center around her and some amazing feats and I will give them all I have.

she could be in a garbage bag for all I care. give me some good stories that center around her and some amazing feats and I will give them all I have.
    Let's be honest, Storm could make a trash bag work! She's just that kinda woman. Clearly not everyone can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Let's be honest, Storm could make a trash bag work! She's just that kinda woman. Clearly not everyone can do it.

sidebar... I like you please post more lol

Fantastic Member

If I was writing Storm I would have her be able to intensify the solar energy in a particular area and then increase the humidity to further increase the heat which will cause overheating and dehydration within the body in a matter of seconds.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    If I was writing Storm I would have her be able to intensify the solar energy in a particular area and then increase the humidity to further increase the heat which will cause overheating and dehydration within the body in a matter of seconds.
    I love it!!! I would write her directly dehydrating someone by removing the water from their body.

Fantastic Member

I love it!!! I would write her directly dehydrating someone by removing the water from their body.
    Oh.. well that too! LOL
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

All-New Member

but who said that you had to ignore one for the other? you read Claremont's uncanny version of storm? she had a voice and presence within the franchise and was written as a powerful character. I dont understand where this idea keeps being inserted that people who want her to be powerful care about this and nothing else. where are you getting this from as it pertains to posters here?

There seems to be another misconception that the only thing readers remember Coates work for was due to him making her a goddess. That is very far from the truth. Coates was the first writer to have this African-American tackle topics that deal with issues specific to being black. While we had writers and readers who wanted you to believe she was above race and only cared about mutant related problems Coates changed that narrative. Ororo certainly was black as established by Claremont but scans like the following muddled the waters:

Coates put that argument to bed with his vision for her. In black panther and the crew, Ororo discussed working for black related causes when she was "dead" during the outback era. It gave her distinct cause and purpose beyond that which was dictated to her by Xavier:

It was in this series some charged the writers as making her a racist for wanting to be around those who looked like her and fighting against gentrification but it was the first time she was written as unapologetically being black; critics of the character could no longer call her a sellout or being indifferent when it came to black issues and that was a huge deal as it related to the development of the character.

Moreover, in the actual series of Black Panther she went even so far as to talk about her perspective of being an African America woman born in America and made to believe in the lies of its origins making parallels to what T'Challa experienced with the Galatic Wakanda:

People claim they are interested in development beyond her powers but when there was clear progressive changes in the regard outside of her powers you claim this is all Coates really did for the character? That she wasn't relevant to his run? Ororo was the one thing that kept Tchalla centered in the man he was when all his memories had been taken away. Ororo was the constant that stood by his side and encourage him up until the very end when he still reluctantly took the throne as emperor. No, he did so much for this character that he didn't have to and yes making her a real goddess was amazing but it was far from the most important thing he could do for her and suggesting as such is just not accurate.
    Thank you so much, Butterfly. This is an exemplary, well read/thoughtful post. So good!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Good ideas bro. Hopefully something happens for her.
    I think the most apparent reason Storm has not had any of the above occur, is that the X-Office just doesn't understand what a powerful black woman is. If we're using the real world as proxy, most of the places the x-writers hail from probably don't have central black women as the focal leaders in their respective communities. This is not an excuse to dismiss racial-bias on their parts, but this reasoning can be argued to show that there is an actual lack of empathy for powerful black women at the X-Offices.

also want to wish og storm yogaflame a very happy birthday!!! hope you enjoy your day boo.
    Thanks 🦋😘! I spent the day in nature; our goddess would approve!

I thought I should share this:

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Thanks 🦋😘! I spent the day in nature; our goddess would approve!

I thought I should share this:

This melanin is too powerful! Would love to see these four interact more on the page.

Also thank you to Kyss for highlighting those great examples of Storm being an intersectional goddess!!