Page 172 of 744 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I wouldn't call it trash, but the added mythology seems unnecessary at this point. At a minimum, the story doesn't have time to develop it properly and it's unlikely to return after this arc. I don't quite think it made sense to think it's ending at issue #12 given the story pacing, but I certainly wouldn't place it out of the realm of possibility.
    The issue itself is "fine." All of Coates single issues are generally "fine" in a vacuum.

But as a link in the story it has no point. Nothing was gained here. Nothing was loss. We are at the exact same spot we were in. The greater story didn't change at all. This "jengu" might be a game changer or it might be just another plot point that ultimately means nothing. Who knows because we didnt' really learn anything relevant about it.

The huge plot element we learned in this issue was introduced in this issue.

none of the characters have any point. none of them have any characterization. They are just empty shells with cool names because they match with pre-existing characters. the shell was purposeful due to the "lost memory" stuff but it creates dull lifeless drones, not characters I care about. The characters really should have gotten their memories back by now so that they are real, breathing characters.

The only reason I care about nakia is hopign she transfers over to real time and eliminates the witch from the mythos. Other than that... I don't give a **** about any of them. They can all die in a huge explosion and i'd shrug.

Coates idea of world building is simply adding a bunch of superficial elements with nothing underneath. Hodari, Changamire, Mother, HZ guy I forget, Eden, Teku, Zenzi, Stane, M'baku's cuz, Vibraxas, QDJ, adversary, Zuwavi or whatever, Asha, random city names, random planets, random alien peeps, the nameless, random orisha. If they all died in a fire, how many would you actually care about ?

Deadpool/Black Panther has some of the best fourth wall breaking in years. The X-salute thing was great. The "All the Stars" reference made me chuckle. Seriously, it did a great job with both characters, although I'd consider it a Deadpool book more than a Black Panther book.
    One of the most fun minis i've read. a great deadpool story that relied heavily on BP mythos. They play off each other well.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

BTW, I don't know if anyone else realizes this, but the latest issue of Marvel Comics Presents has the oddest Wakanda retcon. Apparently, Ken Hale, aka The Gorilla Man (originally from Men's Adventures Comic #24 in 1954) got transformed into a Gorilla by the Jabari Gorilla God (described as "Gri" in the story). Not knowing anything about the character until I just looked it up, I guess it sort of fits. That's really all I have to add, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This "jengu" might be a game changer or it might be just another plot point that ultimately means nothing. Who knows because we didnt' really learn anything relevant about it.
    Just going to leave these here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jengu
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agwé

Holy ****, hologram tech is GOAT!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

BTW, I don't know if anyone else realizes this, but the latest issue of Marvel Comics Presents has the oddest Wakanda retcon. Apparently, Ken Hale, aka The Gorilla Man (originally from Men's Adventures Comic #24 in 1954) got transformed into a Gorilla by the Jabari Gorilla God (described as "Gri" in the story). Not knowing anything about the character until I just looked it up, I guess it sort of fits. That's really all I have to add, though.
    I guess that means M'Baku was never really the Gorilla gods champion. I suppose that would explain why it never really gets involved in any stories.

Still, it's nice that the the Gorilla God finally has a name and has made a real appearance. He's now a bit more usable. Doesn't appear to be an Egyptian god though, like the other Wakandan gods appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    BP vs DP was fun again. Loved the final issue. T'Challa with this hologram tech is boss.
    Standardize it damn it!

I want it in Aaron's run and the MCU and the next BP cartoon and the BP video game and all BP fanfiction and-

I wanted it to be real though lol.

So I was torn... a feat none the less but I got excited to see KOTD stuff revisited in a non **** way lol
    It was bitter sweet reveal. But sweet like your favorite chocolate bar. I lost my damn mind when he did the KOTD thing, on some [Rumble internal monologue]" Damn someone finally made this **** look cool for the first time since... somethingsomethingzombiessomething"

But then the thing happened at the end and i was like wait what... that's so fukkin cool too, but then I was disappointed it wasn't what i thought it was but then excited at what it was. I think I'm excitedly disappointed
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Soooo....you say it ain't good.

Dang! No more minis, Avengers: BP's Quest is over. All we got left is Avengers.

We had it good for a while. I hope there is some more BP related stuff coming out.

I did pick up a cool Killmonger figure with his antelope horn mask from the movie.
    We had a great run.

To the writers/creative teams of Marvel Knights mini, Black Panther vs Deadpool mini, and Black Panther Quest toon... thank you.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Thanks for the heads up.

So monkey man is now T'challa's friend?

Errr... He's already a better friend than Eden I guess?

Not sure how I am supposed to feel about this... lol

I had no idea Gorilla Dude existed before Agents of Wakanda stuff

So Jabari elders still exist?

It hought MA killed/drove them all out?

I am so freaking confused... lol. Where are the MA in all this? Why is T'hcalla cozying up tot he Jabari he can't stand?

Wakandan/Black PAnther current canon is a mess right now. Is this what spider-man fans deal with?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    For those unaware:

Because Coates just loves his slavery allegories...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Truly what we all are hoping comes at the very end Coates run. Dude can't write BP. Apparently Cap fans love his take on Steve, but he cannot write B his obsession with stereotypical Africa, Columbus allegories and failed middle passage allegories just needs to stop. No one gives a isht about that or wants that in BP. He has failed Everytime, at literally every BP related book he has touched in a writing capacity
    Coates is a bum. This will be the 2nd or 3rd time this bum will have the BP book threatening to dip below 20k; the other times they saved his bum ass with relaunches/re-numbering tactics

Best stretch of BP's existence and this bum ouchea wasting 22 pages a month reserved for BP stories
    Black Panther vs Thor

I don't really care if Reed is or isn't T'Challa's best white friend, but how this Dan Slott guy gonna have Doom mention to Reed that Galactus became the Lifebringer as a big scientific point but not mention to Reed that T'Challa was the one who did dat ****?

It's like, how is Dan Slott gonna have Reed come back to 616 after 2016 Secret Wars but then not have him and T'Challa catch up on all the **** that been happened since, as if they weren't the two who did dat **** in 2016 Secret Wars?

How is Dan Slott gon act like Reed wasn't T'Challa's best white friend from *scratches head like Kawhi* 2012-2016? Like Hickman ain't do that ****? Again, there's other best white friends for T'Challa, but don't just throw all of Hickman's hard work to the bushes
    Black Panther vs Thor

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure how I am supposed to feel about this... lol

I had no idea Gorilla Dude existed before Agents of Wakanda stuff

I am so freaking confused... lol. Where are the MA in all this? Why is T'hcalla cozying up tot he Jabari he can't stand?

Wakandan/Black PAnther current canon is a mess right now. Is this what spider-man fans deal with?
    Yes, though Nick Spencer is doing a pretty good job of straightening it out, for the most part, getting back to the core of what made Spider-Man the great character and hero that he is. For everyone here that is (understandably, even justly) displeased with Coates's Black Panther, I'm very damned sure Marvel will course-correct eventually, just like what happened with the web-slinger after too many years of B.S. following The Story So Evil Its Name Dare Not Be Spoken.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I wonder if there's a relationship to the Orishas or if he's just drawing on the names.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I guess that means M'Baku was never really the Gorilla gods champion. I suppose that would explain why it never really gets involved in any stories.
    Yeah, M'Baku was a worshiper of the White Ape god. He was never his champion.

Still, it's nice that the the Gorilla God finally has a name and has made a real appearance. He's now a bit more usable. Doesn't appear to be an Egyptian god though, like the other Wakandan gods appear to be.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if Egypt actually has a god on point. I know the movie went with Hanuman, which is a Hindu Monkey god.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not sure why he would be better than Eden, tbh.

I think the story says "Jabari holy men" not Jabari elders. The leadership isn't mentioned. We also don't necessarily know when the story takes place as long as it takes place after he got the current costume.

That was one of the things I found more interesting. T'Challa was skeptical of the existence of the Gorilla god at some point in the past. He also had significant distrust of Jabari tribe. I don't think it's crazy that, as he learned more, that his position has changed. At a minimum, he's trying to help this dude out and realizes this is the best way.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The issue itself is "fine." All of Coates single issues are generally "fine" in a vacuum.

But as a link in the story it has no point. Nothing was gained here. Nothing was loss. We are at the exact same spot we were in. The greater story didn't change at all. This "jengu" might be a game changer or it might be just another plot point that ultimately means nothing. Who knows because we didnt' really learn anything relevant about it.

The huge plot element we learned in this issue was introduced in this issue.

none of the characters have any point. none of them have any characterization. They are just empty shells with cool names because they match with pre-existing characters. the shell was purposeful due to the "lost memory" stuff but it creates dull lifeless drones, not characters I care about. The characters really should have gotten their memories back by now so that they are real, breathing characters.

The only reason I care about nakia is hopign she transfers over to real time and eliminates the witch from the mythos. Other than that... I don't give a **** about any of them. They can all die in a huge explosion and i'd shrug.

Coates idea of world building is simply adding a bunch of superficial elements with nothing underneath. Hodari, Changamire, Mother, HZ guy I forget, Eden, Teku, Zenzi, Stane, M'baku's cuz, Vibraxas, QDJ, adversary, Zuwavi or whatever, Asha, random city names, random planets, random alien peeps, the nameless, random orisha. If they all died in a fire, how many would you actually care about ?

One of the most fun minis i've read. a great deadpool story that relied heavily on BP mythos. They play off each other well.
    I mean it's pretty clear that the only reason the characters are slightly relevant id because they have names from the mythos. If they didn't we would give zero F's about them, ESPECIALLY given Coates poor development of them. I mean no one has any deep development. Not Nakia, not N'jadaka and not Tchalla.. that says alot especially after 9 issue's

Yeah, I'm not sure if Egypt actually has a god on point. I know the movie went with Hanuman, which is a Hindu Monkey god..
    http://africancreationenergy.blogspo...nkey-gods.html

No major ones, but there are quite a few/

I wonder if there's a relationship to the Orishas or if he's just drawing on the names.

Yeah, M'Baku was a worshiper of the White Ape god. He was never his champion.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Egypt actually has a god on point. I know the movie went with Hanuman, which is a Hindu Monkey god.

I'm not sure why he would be better than Eden, tbh.

I think the story says "Jabari holy men" not Jabari elders. The leadership isn't mentioned. We also don't necessarily know when the story takes place as long as it takes place after he got the current costume.

That was one of the things I found more interesting. T'Challa was skeptical of the existence of the Gorilla god at some point in the past. He also had significant distrust of Jabari tribe. I don't think it's crazy that, as he learned more, that his position has changed. At a minimum, he's trying to help this dude out and realizes this is the best way.
    This may be splitting hairs, but M'Baku was a part of a white Gorilla cult and this god and the gorillas with him didn't seem white. Could mean absolutely nothing as Bast sometimes is a white panther and sometimes is something else... but perhaps there are multiple gorilla gods. THat's probably overthinking it though... easier to just assume it's one and the same.

I think T'Challa met the Gorilla god very very briefly with Storm when they went to meet Bast prior to their wedding, so if he has doubts about the Gorilla gods existance in the past he likely doesn't now.

His relationship with the Jabari is sort of interesting. If this story takes place in the present (and it might not... the other two were years and even decades ago), perhaps the Jabari being run by the MA rather than the dudes with the robot ape suits make things easier to mend fences with them. Wakanda hasn't always been the friendliest place to the Gorilla cult, so he's making more of an effort. Hard to say in what little we've seen here though.

In the least if his friend is the champion of the Gorilla god, T'Challa has reason to try and be on better terms with the god and his followers. At least until they start attacking the rest of Wakanda in robot ape suits again.