Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Jean Grey would be the current most powerful telepath. Others have shown the on-panel scans, so here are the Word of God’s backing up the scans of Jean being determined the most powerful by current writers and the editor:

If you want other telepaths named the most powerful, you have obviously Xavier from his debut to 2010’s era. It was a transition where Jean became the most powerful during her death, in which slowly shifted the narrative to where so long as she was dead, Xavier maintained his title of most powerful around the late-2000’s era. By the time of her next resurrection, she took the title officially.

Other telepaths noted as the most powerful:

•Nate Grey- Stated in his solo and by Word of God in an AiPT Jean Grey interview during Age of X-Man.

•Cable- This was during the Onslaught Saga to Twelve Arc when he and Nate Grey were the only ones stated to be capable of taking on threats like Onslaught and Death.

•Emma Frost- Jean Grey was dead and Xavier was depowered. Thus, she took the title as most powerful telepath around this time, which was give or take before or around Messiah Complex.

•Red Skull- Took Xavier’s brain. Thus, became the de facto most powerful

•Original Onslaught- He was basically Evil Xavier.

So, these are your list of people claimed to have been “most powerful telepaths” at one point in their history.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I always thought that Xavier was an Omega level telepath. For decades he was considered the most powerful on earth but other characters have been created since then, of course, like Quinten. Did they depower him a bit or others just surpass him and a new Omega standard was established? Another question: Is Emma as powerful as Charles now or does Charles' telepathy still surpass the White Queen's?
    He hasn’t been depowered but he already has reached his peak. He doesn’t have the unlimited potential omega mutants possess. Emma vs Xavier depends on the writer.

I always thought that Xavier was an Omega level telepath. For decades he was considered the most powerful on earth but other characters have been created since then, of course, like Quinten. Did they depower him a bit or others just surpass him and a new Omega standard was established? Another question: Is Emma as powerful as Charles now or does Charles' telepathy still surpass the White Queen's?
    He is an Omega Class Telepath, but not an Omega Level Mutant.

An Omega Class Telepath was basically a term derived from the Dark Reign era describing the most powerful telepaths on the planet. Emma Frost was the first to coin the term describing herself and Xavier. Xavier goes on to use the term describing Emma later on.

Xavier, as far as anyone is concerned, has only gotten more powerful. Not less. After New X-Men, he did seem to get slightly weaker after being dependent on Cerebra for so long, but he eventually exercised his powers back to their original strength. Thus, after his depowerment from M-Day and repowering by the M’Kraan Crystal, he got a power boost before Messiah Complex,

Last edited by PyroFN; 09-17-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Jean Grey would be the current most powerful telepath. Others have shown the on-panel scans, so here are the Word of God’s backing up the scans of Jean being determined the most powerful by current writers and the editor:

Delicious.

BANNED

"Omega Class Telepath" was Matt Fraction not remembering the term correctly, if we're bluntly honest.

Emma was only as powerful as Xavier during the Fraction and Whedon runs.

As it stands currently Jean and then QQ, I'd give Jean a solid edge over QQ due to experience, but it really bothers me that Xavier isn't also an Omega Level TP. In my head canon he is up there with non Phoenix Jean.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    As it stands currently Jean and then QQ, I'd give Jean a solid edge over QQ due to experience, but it really bothers me that Xavier isn't also an Omega Level TP. In my head canon he is up there with non Phoenix Jean.
    I agree with you that Jean is over QQ, but I see it as in Power, Skills and Expertise.

As far as Xavier, I feel Jean passed him prior to her death in the early 00's and now is quite a bit above him, despite his repowering.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

It depends on the time and author. It’s not like there ever was a serious competition about it.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I think it is still something like...

Xavier
    Exodus
    Jean
    Emma

I think Jean has the potential but Jean is way too ethical, righteous, and good as if she would ever fulfill her true potential. She has internalized too many human flatscan values (and is traumatized by her Dark Phoenix episode) and would never transcend a mindset that puts privacy, for example, sacred etc. I think her morality hinders her development as a psy. She could be a goddess but she actively refuses to be one! I'm fine with this.

Quentin is still a baby...
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-18-2021 at 05:52 AM.

I just wanted to add that by going by the most recent definition Jean Grey is an omega mutant because she is an omega level telepath. So while Fraction did confuse and muddy the concept Xavier, Emma, Rachel and others are not omega class telepaths. Jean and Quire are the omega class telepaths which makes them omega level mutants.

I know there is a lot of confusion about this especially due to the Fraction era and certain wikis out there that make a distinction between the two concepts but they are in error. (the wiki pages need to be corrected). Fraction setting Emma as omega level is what diluted and destroyed the omega concept for me and I say that as someone who loves Emma Frost. It was a boost (or a prop up if you will) that the character just didn't need. When another writer described Betsy in an interview as an omega telepath it was beyond parody at that point. Of course Xavier and Rachel also were described at one point as omega (was it Aaron in Wolverine and the X-men?) Basically all these other telepaths are very powerful but are not omega level (they would be what we used to describe as alpha level). Like others I explain away the Emma as omega class because Xavier was depowered, Jean was dead, for a time Quire was out of the picture, etc.

I am glad Hickman and company streamlined the concept because it needed it in a big way. I know we still debate it but at least we do have a definitive list (though it needs updating due to the mutants on Mars) and we have a good definition for what an omega level mutant is.

As of right now...

Jean
    Prof. X
    Shadow King
    Nate Grey
    Emma
    Legion (Greatly depends on mental state)
    Exodus
    Rachel
    Psylocke
    Quentin (potential to rival Jean)
    Miser Sinister
    Martha
    M
    Mento
    Nanny
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post

If you want other telepaths named the most powerful, you have obviously Xavier from his debut to 2010’s era. It was a transition where Jean became the most powerful during her death, in which slowly shifted the narrative to where so long as she was dead, Xavier maintained his title of most powerful around the late-2000’s era. By the time of her next resurrection, she took the title officially.

Other telepaths noted as the most powerful:

•Nate Grey- Stated in his solo and by Word of God in an AiPT Jean Grey interview during Age of X-Man.

•Cable- This was during the Onslaught Saga to Twelve Arc when he and Nate Grey were the only ones stated to be capable of taking on threats like Onslaught and Death.

•Emma Frost- Jean Grey was dead and Xavier was depowered. Thus, she took the title as most powerful telepath around this time, which was give or take before or around Messiah Complex.

•Red Skull- Took Xavier’s brain. Thus, became the de facto most powerful

•Original Onslaught- He was basically Evil Xavier.

So, these are your list of people claimed to have been “most powerful telepaths” at one point in their history.
    Emma has been the front page telepath for a few years, but I don't think any story (at least from the ones I know) has put her on equal footing with Jean. Nate Grey or Cable (especially as Stryfe),Exodus too maybe on the more powerful telepaths out there list but Emma is below them

As to current reality it's Jean and Kid Omega and because I don't think two mutants can be Omega in one domain.I take it telepathy as a field has sub-categories where each has no upper limit(that is my deduction)
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-18-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think it is still something like...

Xavier
    Exodus
    Jean
    Emma

I think Jean has the potential but Jean is way too ethical, righteous, and good as if she would ever fulfill her true potential. She has internalized too many human flatscan values (and is traumatized by her Dark Phoenix episode) and would never transcend a mindset that puts privacy, for example, sacred etc. I think her morality hinders her development as a psy. She could be a goddess but she actively refuses to be one! I'm fine with this.

I think this is true about Jean, she probably sets up boundaries for herself because of all those considerations so even though she is an omega telepath in this reality, it's hard to see at a cursory level

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Jean Grey followed by Nanny.
    The correct answer

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Respectfully, ethical leanings do not determine the extent of one's power. Just because one chooses not to incapacitate or kill someone does not mean that one cannot or has not done so before. Jean has been depicted not just telepathically mind-altering and mindwiping but also killing people.

Mind-altering:

Mindwiping:

Killing: