Page 115 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2405
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaja View Post
    I do think that's the issue, is it not?

Question: is granting a pardon to a known killer, cannibal, and rapist (Sabretooth) just because he is a Mutant really that great of an idea? Shouldn't they just, I don't know, judge him for his past crimes? Then again, maybe they will, maybe they won't. We shall have to wait and see.
    Mystique is a killer & rapist & Wolverine sleeps with her. She's the ultimate Villain Sue who's never given a comeuppance for her crimes. Meanwhile Creed gets his ass beast easily by everyone. He's not a threat to any mutant on Krakoa. lol Just one of Mystique's lackies. Again, fans are putting more thought into Creed than Hickman is. I think people need to just chill on it. He's not much of a problem.

We didn't see him anywhere among the other mutants in this issue.
    • It may be like X-Factor where he stays confined until they're desperate enough to need him.
    • They may cut his head off & leave him dead for a while as punishment. lol Hell getting decapitated is a running gag for him nowadays.
    • He may be in prison.
    • Wolverine may have dealt with him.
    • etc.

Lets wait & see. If his 16-year track record is anything to go on, he's not the least bit important. He won't be a character that turns any tides. He's a casual villain of the week like 9/10 of the Rogue Gallery. It's easy to deal with him. That may be why he's there. He can be kept in line easier by them than humans.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-21-2019 at 07:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't mind mutants doing their own thing, it's just that this thing their doing is creepy and wrong.
    I just want them to not give up the dream, keep pushing forward, and not prevent criminals from paying for their crimes just because they are mutants. I agree that the chanting was creepy. I do like the concept of Krakoa, they are just a little bit off.

I think they granted the villains amnesty on Krakoa because a large number of them were more or less members of the Brotherhood or the Acolytes and they just wanted their own land for mutants at last.

There are very questionable mutants that were allowed on Krakoa but they will probably be watched carefully.

Some of you mentioned Selene being allowed to get away with mass murder again, I think if she gets caught murdering innocents she will be executed or permanently imprisoned.

Sinister, I guarantee that Xavier and Magneto don't trust him, but better to have him on Krakoa where they can keep an eye on him rather than out in the world where he can cause trouble.

People are underestimating that a lot of governments may welcome Krakoa taking these mutant criminals that were hard to contain and imprison. It costs money to keep a super power being in prison and now Krakoa is offering to take them off your hands and allowing you to deport the bad and good mutants to Krakoa. Why not, hopefully the mutants will just kill each other and solve everyone's problem. I bet that's what the human governments are thinking, let them have their mutant criminals so we don't have to deal with them anymore.

Lol, what I am going to say next is going to make people think that Xavier and Magneto are true villains, Selene, Sinister, Emplate, et all are superweapons that can be unleashed when the time is right. When the humans make a big move against Krakoa then Xavier and Magneto can go to Selene and say "Hey Selene, babe, do you want to go to the United States and eat the souls of all the government officials for us."

So yeah, I think some of the villains are actually quite fine to let in, but I expect Xavier and Magneto know exactly how dangerous some of those mutants are and are intending to keep them as a nuclear option in case Krakoa is attacked by the human governments.

What the mutants are transitioning into is a "People" with a country, a culture, and a desire to protect their hard won peace at all costs. They are no longer just people in spandex trying their best to save people, they are a nation of people who trying to preserve their culture and way of life, their children, and their children's children. They are a nation!

LONG LIVE KRAKOA!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I just want them to not give up the dream, keep pushing forward, and not prevent criminals from paying for their crimes just because they are mutants. I agree that the chanting was creepy. I do like the concept of Krakoa, they are just a little bit off.
    This, my friend. THIS.

The Ideal IS IMPOSSIBLE, but it is NOT WRONG to pursue it. Even if it is A FAKE, it's NOT a MISTAKE.
    Pro-Krakoans want Servant Archer EMIYA. You (and I) want Emiya Shirou.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 09-21-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That Twitter thread is arguing that people don't want mutants to have their own unique culture and that the X-Men only ever stopped the antics of the likes of Sabretooth etc because they were just wanting to be Uncle Toms. Silly nonsense.
    That's a very weird takeaway!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    That's a very weird takeaway!
    From the Twitter, exactly as it was written:

""#XSpoilers The X-Men have also always been the "good" mutants to the "bad" Brotherhood/Apocalypse/Etc. - they're "one of the good ones! Not like those bad mutants! We're what mutants should be!""

Extraordinary Member

Here's the thong, though, many of these people aren't especially pro-mutant.

Let's take Daken.

Daken has never been pro-mutant. In fact, a lot of the things he has done would have been very, very bad for mutants had they actually worked.

His most redeeming acts were done out of love for his sisters, a love which doesn't really extend to other members of the X-Men.

And again, Daken isn't even the most dangerous person there. He might actually play nice, if only because this is his chance to have a semi-normal relationship with his family.

Now, let's think about all of the villains who have absolutely no emotional attachments on the island, people who are just biding their time or who think that Apocalypse has brought them their to cause trouble at some point.

hickman also put mass murderers on the avengers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    hickman also put mass murderers on the avengers
    Didn't that lead to everything dying?

Hey, where’s Wiz Kid?? He could help out a lot. He’d be a great person to work with Forge. Too bad Artie and Leech are with the FF now...

Also is Rusty Collins still dead? And whatever happened to Skids?

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    This, my friend. THIS.

This ideal is impossible, but it is not wrong to pursue it. Even if it is a fake, it's not a mistake.
    They want Servant Archer EMIYA. You (and I) want Emiya Shirou.
    I want neither, I want Tohsaka Rin. She is a pragmatist who understands that sometimes you have to make hard choices even when you want to do good. That there is a path that lies between EMIYA and Emiya Shirou. You don't have to follow a rigid and unbending path.
    Using DND Classes, I would say that Emiya Shirou is a Paladin who can be unbending and unyielding in his belief and who does not understand that the world exists in a shade of grey. EMIYA is the fallen paladin who is jaded about his past, but also rigid in his belief system, and just as unyielding as Shirou.

Tohsaka Rin is a mage, or perhaps even a druid, that understands that there must be a balance between Order and Chaos, Good and Evil, that these forces are part of life and sometimes in order to preserve your people you have to make hard choices sometimes.

By throwing out Emiya Shirou you forget that his character is not to be admired, he will never succeed in his path, he has even been warned that his path leads to ruin and despair, but even knowing this he does not veer from it, he is too stubborn to look more carefully at the path and balance it out. He will walk to his ruin even though he has been warned by EMIYA where it leads.

Plus like any of these kinds of card/spell anime everyone is just a rigid archetype. I prefer Record of the Grancrest War. Theo Cornaro and Siluca Meletes are good people, but they make hard decisions through the story that sometimes results in people being hurt. They also sometimes do things or make alliances that are somewhat questionable, but they are doing it for the overall good of the realm with the intention to finally end the war of chaos. I like them better because they are flawed, they aren't perfect, they make a lot of mistakes, they even sometimes get badly hurt on their journey.

Didn't that lead to everything dying?
    I meant Starbrand, Smiley, and Abyss. (kevin is not a murderer but nobody on earth caring about his 9/11-level disaster or anything else that happens in the book is the most lol-worthy thing in the entire run)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

I don't mind mutants doing their own thing, it's just that this thing their doing is creepy and wrong.
    “I don’t mind [insert culture here] doing their own thing, it’s just that this thing they’re doing is creepy and wrong.”

You know what this sounds like, right?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    “I don’t mind [insert culture here] doing their own thing, it’s just that this thing they’re doing is creepy and wrong.”

You know what this sounds like, right?
    This post made me think of Ricky Ricard's line about women's rights. .

" I am the first to think women should have all the rights they want. As long as they stay in their place."
    lmao

Again, Hickman is only just now setting this up. And it probably is flawed, but everything is new for the mutants & it probably will start seeing some trial and error before it gets balanced out.

But Magneto did tell Apocalypse that they were not gonna have Krakoa ruined because some of the foes are ingrates. So that seemed like a warning. If anyone steps out of line badly enough, they may be exiled and humans will be allowed to judge or kill them should they be deemed ungrateful rejects.

Magneto has always given the benefit of the doubt to shady characters if they wanna fight on his side. Like he told Wolverine, he's no boy scout. So he can give a mutant a chance until they've proven they no longer deserve it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-21-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think of Ricky Ricardo's line about faminism.

"We are not arguing about women's rights. I am the first to think women should have all the rights they want. As long as they stay in their place."
    lmao
    Yep, all these uppity mutants wanting their own country, wanting their own culture, wanting rights. What is the world coming to, why don't they know their place, the world was a much better place when they lived in that mansion and were surrounded by a bunch of Sentinels defending us real Americans. That's the truth, real Americans love Sentinels, we should build lots of them mutant killing robots and teach them there mutants on that weird island a lesson or two. They should know their place, damn muties...

Something like that I believe.

LONG LIVE KRAKOA! WE ARE MUTANTS!