Page 109 of 131 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1963
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But then you have issues like public outcry of Scarlet Johansson playing a trans person.
    JOhn Boyega as Finn
    Kelly Tran as Rose
    Michael B Jordan as Johnny Storm
    The black guy hired to be Dr Who after Matt Smith (before he quit after death threats)
    Leslie Jones in Ghostbusters
    Gabby Rivera writing America
    Shawn Martinbough writing Red Hood
    Dwayne McDuffie writing Justice League
    Ms Marvel's existing
    The still unreleased New Warriors book
    The hiring of Daniel Cherry at DC
    LA Williams being fired at DC for having books that SOLD.
    Sunspot in New Mutants
    Jay Ellis on Insecure-who had to HIDE the fact his wife was a white woman while he was on that show.

People want to say hire the best person for the job-until it's NOT a straight white male or ESPECIALLY if a black person gets hired. Read Maulik Pancholy's The Best At It.
    Then we get issues from various sides.

Hire the best person-will get many Queer actors and folks PASSED over. Especially those of color. With many of them not even getting a CHANCE to audition.

When the complaints come about a lack of Queer roles-studio will fire back-"yall said hire the BEST person. We did and they are straight-stop crying."
    "But the source material has that person as Queer"
    "Yall said hire the BEST person."
    "But..."
    "Hired the best person."

When it comes to Queer roles-I would want someone who is openly Queer in that role. I am not giving that casting agency a chance to pass ANYONE over.
    I am done with hire the best person-to many times it meant straight white male.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Speaking of Cassie, I was doing some research on her time as Stinger in the MC2 Universe, and it was weird seeing Hope Pym being depicted as her mortal enemy there, considering they're stepmom/daughter in the MCU. It also lowkey makes me wish we get a version of Red Queen in the 616 Universe, since we already got Stinger. Cassie could use an original villain just for herself.
    Not likely, as Red Queen technically already HAS a 616 counterpart - Unstoppable Wasp. MCU Hope was a heroic version of her, and Nadia is in turn based on her, but younger and with a different birth mother due to Hank being younger in the current comics than in either the movies or MC2. So if they ever did do Red Queen in 616, it probably wouldn't be permanent. They could do it by having Nadia be brainwashed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not likely, as Red Queen technically already HAS a 616 counterpart - Unstoppable Wasp. MCU Hope was a heroic version of her, and Nadia is in turn based on her, but younger and with a different birth mother due to Hank being younger in the current comics than in either the movies or MC2. So if they ever did do Red Queen in 616, it probably wouldn't be permanent. They could do it by having Nadia be brainwashed.
    Or they could do it years after Hank & Jan get back together and have Hope and Henry Jr., and be grown up by that time and have them be brainwashed or something if Marvel ever decides to get them back together and if they let other characters settle down

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I didn't even mean Nadia necessarily. They could just take the name and give it to an original character. Or they could even take Hope from the MC2 Universe and throw her into 616, saying she is on the hunt for every Stinger of every universe or something like that. I just think it would be cool for Cassie to have a nemesis with similar powers as hers (I guess Big Zero was supposed to be that, but the entire concept of the Young Masters being the evil YA was just pretty much ignored after Dark Reign).

Although now that I think about it, I could see them bringing a character similar to Nadia as Red Queen in the MCU. She probably wouldn't be related to the Pym/van Dyne family since they already have Hope, but Nadia has such a distinct origin from Hope that I could see them borrowing some elements from that to create a new villain character for MCU Cassie down the line. Black Widow is just around the corner and it will establish new characters that were trained in the Red Room, after all...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-01-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Kate Pryde is Red Queen at the moment, if you want to be technical.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Kate Pryde is Red Queen at the moment, if you want to be technical.
    Well, I obviously meant a different kind of Red Queen... Plus, Red Queen is more of a title for Kitty than a hero/villain codename, so I don't think it's a big deal. And even if it was a codename, Marvel had no issue creating a new character named Aero even though there was an X-Man with that codename already.

Though Melody Guthrie was depowered at the time.

Anyway, Aero is just one of many shared codenames. Wasp, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Hulk, Nova, Patriot, and Falcon are all currently shared. Technically Captain Marvel should be as well due to Phyla-Vell of the Guardians of the Galaxy, who was the Captain Marvel of the alternate universe she came from, though for some reason everyone just calls her Phyla. Meanwhile at DC, Flash, Green Lantern, Superboy, Impulse, Robin, and Steel are all used by multiple people. Marvel and DC also both have someone called Rocket.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Wonder when the next sighting of the other YA members will be in the video game world. I know they were in those lego games, and obviously now Kate in the Avengers and Cassie in Strikeforce, but I can't think of anywhere else they could potentially end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Wonder when the next sighting of the other YA members will be in the video game world. I know they were in those lego games, and obviously now Kate in the Avengers and Cassie in Strikeforce, but I can't think of anywhere else they could potentially end up in.
    It's hard to tell. That Strikeforce announcement kind of came out of nowhere, so who knows? The fact that, except for the Lego game I think, they never get added to games as a group but rather individually also makes it hard to predict when any of them will show up where, 'cause it's pretty much random. Although if I had to guess... Marvel usually likes to make some of their games synchronize with Marvel Studios releases, right? At least Future Fight, which I used to play, always would have an update dedicated to Marvel Studios productions, which would involve characters and skins from the movies. Since WandaVision is basically the only Marvel Studios production coming soon, is it possible we could get Wiccan and Speed being added to some games? I ask because I don't know what the policy will be when it comes to Marvel Studios shows instead of movies, but considering WandaVision is getting more merch than any other Marvel Television show ever did, it might be safe to assume those shows are being treated like the movies in terms of marketing.

But anyway, speaking of merch, with the recent news that we might be getting spoilers:
    a Quicksilver Funko POP as a part of the WandaVision line
    end of spoilers, I'm pretty hopeful that means we will be getting some Billy and Tommy merch too. Their mainstream era is coming!

I dread Billy and Tommy's mainstream debut I just know not everyone will be pleased for one reason or another I hope to God the poor young actors are treated respectfully. I also know that they'll at the least get more comic appearances if people love them so win lose stitch for sure.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

GUYSSSSSSSSSS RED ALERT, BILLYTEDDY HONEYMOON KiB TIE IN AHHHHHH

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...nd-hulkling-1/

The INSTANT serotonin boost, especially today of all days, this gave me. An issue all to themselves AND they have their own logo :,,,,,,)

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    GUYSSSSSSSSSS RED ALERT, BILLYTEDDY HONEYMOON KiB TIE IN AHHHHHH

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...nd-hulkling-1/

The INSTANT serotonin boost, especially today of all days, this gave me. An issue all to themselves AND they have their own logo :,,,,,,)
    Ah we won yet again!!!! Ha Written by Tini I know jew supremacy Tumblr girl is just gonna love that let me go be messy!! I must say though 8 tend to find Veechio's art a tad childish on occasion I would have preferred Nick Robles or something but he's a fan so I know he'll give it his all!
    Last edited by Journey; 11-03-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Not that thrilled about Tini Howard writing. Not a fan of their bad takes on Teddy and Billy.
    They can't seem to write a gay or bi male character without screwing them up somehow...

I've come to say I am THRILLED for Luciano! Hooray for him!!! That Cheung cover is exquisite as well!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've come to say I am THRILLED for Luciano! Hooray for him!!! That Cheung cover is exquisite as well!
    I have always wanted to see those two in that classic 'Jean and Scott on the moon' pose, so this is awesome.