Page 113 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1883

Thread: NFL 2020 Season

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That stupid rule that says coaches can’t being interviewed until their playoff run ends hurts them in two ways: 1) impatient teams, unwilling to wait will go with available choices: 2) new head coaches hired after the Super Bowl puts them behind other teams when it comes to the Draft and free agency. Bieniemy should’ve been hired already, but has to wait until KC is out. What if the Chiefs make it to the Supe? That’s close to a month Bieniemy will be forced to sit on his hands. That doesn’t make sense.
    The Texans had that week. Instead the owner chose a stupid executive he could have replaced with ease and lied to his franchise QB. Pissing him off in the process. If you didn't intend to make Watson be involved in process , then don't tell him he was gonna be involved to start.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Seeing tons of rumors McDaniels is going to Philly.

Also seeing it is now between Bowles and McDaniels.

Help us out WPP!

What's the scuttlebutt?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-19-2021 at 01:03 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Seeing tons of rumors McDaniels is going to Philly.

Also seeing it is now between Bowles and McDaniels.

Help us out WPP!

What's the scuttlebutt?
    You’re hearing the same stuff I am, but yeah, McDaniels is currently the leader in the clubhouse, and I can’t understand why. He flamed out in Denver, then screwed over Indy when he backed out at last minute to stay in New England. He’s not exactly a favorite with Eagles fans on sports talk radio, most wanting longtime player and current running backs coach/assistant head coach Duce Staley to win the job, or wait on Eric Bieniemy, something it appears Eagles management is unwilling to do at this point. I’d rather the Birds hire Staley or hold out for Bieniemy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

You’re hearing the same stuff I am, but yeah, McDaniels is currently the leader in the clubhouse, and I can’t understand why. He flamed out in Denver, then screwed over Indy when he backed out at last minute to stay in New England. He’s not exactly a favorite with Eagles fans on sports talk radio, most wanting longtime player and current running backs coach/assistant head coach Duce Staley to win the job, or wait on Eric Bieniemy, something it appears Eagles management is unwilling to do at this point. I’d rather the Birds hire Staley or hold out for Bieniemy.
    What are your thoughts on Bowles?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

To be fair McDaniels in Denver was a young 33 years old in Denver. He really hadn't had the time to really learn to be a coach. Belichick its said has pretty much spend the last number of years grooming McDaniels. That he instructs him on things a head coach would do. Knowing that either McDaniels will take the reins in New England at some point once he retires or he will move on.

Its been 11 years and more time learning under Belichick and knowing how to make some offenses work. Some how McDaniels helped guide an offense with no real stars involved to a 7-9 season. Its insane with what he had there.

Its more or less....will McDaniels move on from New England after basically his entire 20+ coaching career there ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

As a defensive coordinator? Sure. As a head coach? Not so sure. In all the years Jeff Lurie has owned the Eagles, he’s never hired a retread for head coach, so I don’t think he’d have any serious interest in Bowles for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    To be fair McDaniels in Denver was a young 33 years old in Denver. He really hadn't had the time to really learn to be a coach. Belichick its said has pretty much spend the last number of years grooming McDaniels. That he instructs him on things a head coach would do. Knowing that either McDaniels will take the reins in New England at some point once he retires or he will move on.

Its been 11 years and more time learning under Belichick and knowing how to make some offenses work. Some how McDaniels helped guide an offense with no real stars involved to a 7-9 season. Its insane with what he had there.

Its more or less....will McDaniels move on from New England after basically his entire 20+ coaching career there ?
    Did Darth Hoodie teach McDaniels how to stiff teams like he stiffed the Colts? I wouldn’t trust that guy any further than I can throw the Rocky Statue.

Did Darth Hoodie teach McDaniels how to stiff teams like he stiffed the Colts? I wouldn’t trust that guy any further than I can throw the Rocky Statue.
    Bill DID resign from the Jets with a note written on a napkin...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Outstanding DC. One of the best. As a head coach... I know his record with the Jets shows maybe he wasn't ready but...

It was the Jets. We're kind of establishing they're the one of the most inept franchises in the league... I don't know if anyone could have succeeded with the front office ahead of him.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Report: Eagles players texting Jeffrey Lurie to hire Duce Staley:

The stupid system replaced - eagles - with asterisks in the URL, here's the gist:

The Eagles have now had interest in enough candidates to almost field an entire team — but it could be down to two coaches for the job.

Speaking on 94WIP with Joe Giglio, Howard Eskin offered up what he is hearing about the search:

“I hear it is most likely going to come down to Josh McDaniels or Duce Staley. The reason that I believe that is what I hear is Howie (Roseman) really likes Josh McDaniels…Jeffrey Lurie not quite at that point and the interview with Duce Staley, from what I was told, really went well. Jeffrey Lurie has also received quite a few text messages from players who are in support of Duce Staley. How much that means, I don’t know, but that will obviously have some input. In Duce’s interview he was very through, had some good ideas for coaches, especially offensive and defensive coordinators, both from the pros and from college. He has got guys from what I understand he has talked to if he gets the job. He is prepared. From what I understand that has impressed Jeffrey Lurie.”
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-20-2021 at 02:27 AM.

Phillip Rivers, future Hall of Famer, retires after 17 years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...napolis*******
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-20-2021 at 10:55 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Phillip Rivers, future Hall of Famer, reties after 17 years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...napolis*******

Too soon?

Looks like the new guy in Detroit isn't letting Stafford go, not looking good on the free agent front, draft position isn't favorable, Brissett is a free agent and looks to play, Jacob Eason come on down, finally I guess.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    [font=georgia]Too soon?
    Not too soon, over 400 passing TDs and over 60,000 yds, both #5 on the all time list.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Rivers will go down like Fouts in a way. Tons of great personal marks passing wise with TD's and yards...but never could get the BIG ONE. He will have to wait a few years due to that but will go in eventually.

Rivers will go down like Fouts in a way. Tons of great personal marks passing wise with TD's and yards...but never could get the BIG ONE. He will have to wait a few years due to that but will go in eventually.
    As far as when, I agree he is not a first ballot shoe in, but it depends on who else is eligible.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-20-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Depends on how long, I guess. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s next decade before Rivers gets into Canton. Meanwhile, it’ll be interesting to see where Indy goes in their quarterback search.