Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Cyke, the joy of Asylum ScFi movies is seeing how bad they can make the special effects. It is amazing that you can see amateurs on YouTube creating better FX on their PC that they do for a "professional" movie.
    I don't see the joy in that or anyone putting forth that challenge (or how there's any heart in that challenge). But hey, whatever floats your boat, which is the point of this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't see the joy in that or anyone putting forth that challenge (or how there's any heart in that challenge). But hey, whatever floats your boat, which is the point of this whole thread.
    Well, it's not like I sit there and watch an entire movie on ScFy, it's more like catching the parts with the bad FX. Unless it involves sharks of course.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Not even Rifftrax can make an Asylum movie watchable.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

The Empire Strikes Back:
    Commander Skywalker leaves his troops and friends mid-battle to go training on a planet far from the battle cause the ghost of Obi Wan told him to do so, and he chose that time to do that, and then he deserts his training in favor of saving his friends from another peril they got into with the empire.

I never got the impression that any Star Wars movie is great, especially not the original trilogy that is bizarrely inferior to the average prequels, but this movie in particular hits the hardest on being overhyped as one of the best movies ever made.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

James Cameron in general is a pretty overhyped director whom just rests on the tech he incorporates to get shit done whilst the stories tend to be weak.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Not even Rifftrax can make an Asylum movie watchable.
    The Asylum movie that MST3k covered this season was bad/terrible/time I'll never get back. Jonah and the bots heroically did their best, but it was both not enough and maybe they were worn out by the movie itself.

I mean, some movies are just so bad that no amount of riffing can help it; while the jokes were on par for the show, this is likely the only episode of the season that I won't rewatch anytime soon.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Atlantic Rim. A friend told me outright to skip it.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Do you mean Pacific Rim.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Do you mean Pacific Rim.
    No, Atlantic Rim was the Asylum ripoff that MST3K covered this year.

But that's exactly what I mean about how they prey on ignorance and piggy back off the success of other, genuinely-made movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    No, Atlantic Rim was the Asylum ripoff that MST3K covered this year.

But that's exactly what I mean about how they prey on ignorance and piggy back off the success of other, genuinely-made movies.
    Thanks for explaining. No doubt Asylum makes atrocious films.

The Nolan Trilogy.

*dodges the rotten fruit tossed*

It has some decent moments, sure. But the Batman voice (Adam West Batman had intentional funny moments, this was unintentionally funny every time he spoke), Bane being a kind of big guy with a ridiculous voice, Joker not feeling like Joker (just an anarchist with makeup), the forgettable first film...

I just don't feel as awed by them as so many others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The Nolan Trilogy.

It has some decent moments, sure. But the Batman voice (Adam West Batman had intentional funny moments, this was unintentionally funny every time he spoke), Bane being a kind of big guy with a ridiculous voice, Joker not feeling like Joker (just an anarchist with makeup), the forgettable first film...

I'm with you with everything outside of Ledgers performance it was a different take on the Joker and I thought it worked well.

I am firmly in the Bale is a great actor but a bad Bruce/Batman. Same with Toby as Spiderman/Peter.

The Nolan Trilogy.

With you, 100% of the way.

Nolan gave us one of the worst takes on Batman I've ever seen. His Batman was a quitter that constantly had to be told what to do and receive peptalks to keep going.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The Nolan Trilogy.

I agree with a lot of this. Except the forgettable first film part since I think its the best of the trilogy

Ultimate Member

Thanks for explaining. No doubt Asylum makes atrocious films.
    In their defense the budget of those films is about $1-2 million.