Page 75 of 157 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2354

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    spoilers:
    Shift's new love interest is so weird. She literally came out of nowhere and just seems like an excuse to get rid of Shift without killing him. Which begs the question, why did he make it out of the Clone Saga to begin with. What was the point?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It would allow some other writer to use the character without having to write away why he didn't actually die the first time. It also gives the alternate Billie a somewhat 'happy' ending to her crapsack life so far.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    Also definitely feeling like Shift is getting left behind now that he's got a love interest (seemingly nicer than the one Miles got) and so Billie can have some of her family back. And is it just me or does Aaron look older on the last page?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They mentioned it's been 20 years since Selim came into power after Miles died fighting the 3 clones. The barrier coming up shortly after and Aaron apparently being it's power source somehow he might have been stuck here for awhile.
    end of spoilers

Probably could have given the ending of the clone saga more time to breath before doing this evil alternate timeline plot instead of what feels like back to back clone stories. Barb and Judge showed up for a page spoilers:
    Before being executed to make a point
    end of spoilers Not much but it's at least acknowledgement. Future Ganke's explanation for Billie's hero moniker felt a little hokey. Still scratching my head as to HOW that last page is happening, unless it's like a Bioshock Infinite kind of thing? The power draw a normal human body doesn't seem to be enough energy to build a shield capable of keeping out the F4, Avengers, X-men etc.

I'll see how it ends up but yeah, the last 2 arcs have felt like duds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    spoilers:
    They mentioned it's been 20 years since Selim came into power after Miles died fighting the 3 clones. The barrier coming up shortly after and Aaron apparently being it's power source somehow he might have been stuck here for awhile.
    end of spoilers

Probably could have given the ending of the clone saga more time to breath before doing this evil alternate timeline plot instead of what feels like back to back clone stories. Barb and Judge showed up for a page spoilers:
    Before being executed to make a point
    end of spoilers Not much but it's at least acknowledgement. Future Ganke's explanation for Billie's hero moniker felt a little hokey. Still scratching my head as to HOW that last page is happening, unless it's like a Bioshock Infinite kind of thing? The power draw a normal human body doesn't seem to be enough energy to build a shield capable of keeping out the F4, Avengers, X-men etc.

I'll see how it ends up but yeah, the last 2 arcs have felt like duds.
    spoilers:
    It's going to be really weird if is Aaron is suddenly 20 years older when he comes back, unless he stays too which is possible. Only problem with that is it makes the decision to bring Aaron back at all even stranger than before.
    end of spoilers

When I was trying to remember the order of events for this run I legitimately felt like I forgot something between the current arc and the clone saga because it feels like there should have been a longer arc between the two, but the only really non linked thing that happened was the date story.

Fantastic Member

The Moon Girl and Spider-Man team up issue was really fun, I wonder why Marvel doesn't give Miles a secondary team up series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    When I was trying to remember the order of events for this run I legitimately felt like I forgot something between the current arc and the clone saga because it feels like there should have been a longer arc between the two, but the only really non linked thing that happened was the date story.
    There was the singular issue to fix Shift's cellular degradation. The Tiana date. The Beyond tie-in with the scrap / team-up with Ben. That turned into the assault on the Assessor's base of operations which then lead to this find Aaron arc.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    The Moon Girl and Spider-Man team up issue was really fun, I wonder why Marvel doesn't give Miles a secondary team up series.
    Honestly with Ms. Marvel getting a 3-parter soon as well, I imagine they'll eventually wind up doing a Miles one.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

spoilers:
    It would allow some other writer to use the character without having to write away why he didn't actually die the first time. It also gives the alternate Billie a somewhat 'happy' ending to her crapsack life so far.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah. spoilers:
    If they can make it so Shift can talk properly instead of just saying Glurp, Billie would basically have a version of Miles back.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I enjoyed it too, they made a fun little duo. And I'd definitely love a team up series.

There was the singular issue to fix Shift's cellular degradation. The Tiana date. The Beyond tie-in with the scrap / team-up with Ben. That turned into the assault on the Assessor's base of operations which then lead to this find Aaron arc.
    I guess the reason it feels short is because I count the Assessor raid as part of the arc, since it's essentially a lead in, even though they're counted separately.

The writer of the What If Miles was Thor issue has basically admitted it's a load of stereotypical crap and apologised for the inauthenticity. He donated his pay to charity.
    https://www.cbr.com/miles-morales-wh...s-pay-charity/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

He really just phoned it in for a paycheck, didn't he and hoped no one would care.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The writer of the What If Miles was Thor issue has basically admitted it's a load of stereotypical crap and apologised for the inauthenticity. He donated his pay to charity.
    https://www.cbr.com/miles-morales-wh...s-pay-charity/
    He really just phoned it in for a paycheck, didn't he and hoped no one would care.
    That's the absolute worst.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    She started stories strong and I remember loving how Champions and IronHeart started but then I lost interest.
    Eve's Riri run was amazing.

Mighty Member

I have been wondering the same thing, I'll love a Miles' team up series this would help build up his relationships with other characters in the Marvel universe. His team up with Captain America and his appearance in the Iron Man annual was well received.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing, I'll love a Miles' team up series this would help build up his relationships with other characters in the Marvel universe. His team up with Captain America and his appearance in the Iron Man annual was well received.
    He was also great in that Darkhawk series from last year, too.

Ultimate Member

No he used what he did with his more popular book and thought it would work here. It worked with kids but not adults.

That book and it's sequel just got some sell boosts thanks to this.

And this is really on the EDITOR-since this was the ONLY book he was working on. Who has worked on Star Wars Finn, Lando and Black Panther books.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No he used what he did with his more popular book and thought it would work here. It worked with kids but not adults.

That book and it's sequel just got some sell boosts thanks to this.

And this is really on the EDITOR-since this was the ONLY book he was working on. Who has worked on Star Wars Finn, Lando and Black Panther books.
    Well . . . wow. Maybe that explains some things.
    The spider is always on the hunt.