Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They did "meet" but not directly in the final battle in the recent Dark Ages mini series but that took place in a future time line. It's hard to say but I guess it could be the future of the current 616 timeline. They really didn't interact but Doom and Moon Girl put together the plan to defeat Apocalyse. Doom ended up turning Dracula loose on him. But there really wasn't much direct interaction between them.

Looking at this panel...now I'm wondering...do Moon Girl ever come around to try to steal Doom's thunder or correct him? I know they play that game with Valeria but Moon Girl is ahead of the curve...lol

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It looks like they just were going over a plan together. But the story does say that she didn't know that Doom added to the plan by having Dracula bite Apocalyse and then have his head chopped off. I think that's where the ruthless part comes in.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Seeing as how I'm very unimpressed with Slott's writing of Doom in the Fantastic Four, and with no other current plans for Doom that I know of and being curious I have to ask:

What plot would you all like to see happen for Doom? In which direction should Marvel take the character next?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I still think Christopher Cantwell wants another shot at Doom. I know he put a like on someone's tweet that commented that he wished his Doctor Doom series had lasted longer. I'd love to see that arc he had planned where Doom would have a stroke and need some rehabilition time and chooses to spend it writing an opera. Of course, it would be about Latveria....and himself.

I just don't want another Fantastic Four arc where he's the main adversary. I was worried that's how Slott's Reckoning War might end up although it now looks less likely considering this week's issue. Marvel let's the writers get around that now with Aaron's Avengers book where it's not "our" Doom and that's okay. I wouldn't want Aaron writing Doom into his Avengers.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-19-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Aaron is the worst writer and I'm suffering every time he writes Namor, so yeah I definitely don't want him touching the real doom. He can keep his AU Doom. I would love to see Cantwell take up Doom again, as for direction I really want some reference to 2099 Doom/plots because that was the first full Doom series I ever read and I love it. Something like Wylde coming from the future before Doom arrives in 2099 or something to ensure Doom dies and there is a power struggle for the future of Latveria. Or another direction would be something to do with Kristoff and Victor's family relationship. I would love to see Kristoff again and have him and Doom work together to protect their home from outside forces.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

It's a damn tragedy that every time Marvel has resurrected 2099 that they have completely ignored Doom 2099. The real Doom 2099 that is. Isn't even mentioned, when if you paid attention to the original series he was a big part of that universe. Sad.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Aaron is the worst writer and I'm suffering every time he writes Namor, so yeah I definitely don't want him touching the real doom. He can keep his AU Doom. I would love to see Cantwell take up Doom again, as for direction I really want some reference to 2099 Doom/plots because that was the first full Doom series I ever read and I love it. Something like Wylde coming from the future before Doom arrives in 2099 or something to ensure Doom dies and there is a power struggle for the future of Latveria. Or another direction would be something to do with Kristoff and Victor's family relationship. I would love to see Kristoff again and have him and Doom work together to protect their home from outside forces.
    Those are excellent suggestions too. I loved the 2099 stuff. I know Doomscribe was a big fan too. I miss his old website. His was one of the first fan site of Doom IIRC. They've only collected the Warren Ellis Doom 2099 issues, which are quite good and expanded the geo political aspects of it. I wish I could find the source but I recall an old interview with Warren Ellis where he said he saw the Doom of 2099 as a morally challenged political revolultionary or something to that effect But John Francis Moore gave him a solid foundation to work with. Just because now you've got me nostalgic I'll just post this. Pat Broderick was great on the art. Unfortunately I recall on his Twitter of somewhere that he really didn't get along with Ellis but that's how it goes I guess.

I loved his relationship with Fortune who I believe is a descendant of Boris

The 2 Dooms fight...

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-19-2022 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    It's a damn tragedy that every time Marvel has resurrected 2099 that they have completely ignored Doom 2099. The real Doom 2099 that is. Isn't even mentioned, when if you paid attention to the original series he was a big part of that universe. Sad.
    It's such a great place to mine for future stories and one of the reasons I really love it is because you can get a Doom without the Fantastic Four and it works because it's centered on his world.

Those are excellent suggestions too. I loved the 2099 stuff. I know Doomscribe was a big fan too. I miss his old website. His was one of the first fan site of Doom IIRC. They've only collected the Warren Ellis Doom 2099 issues, which are quite good and expanded the geo political aspects of it. I wish I could find the source but I recall an old interview with Warren Ellis where he said he saw the Doom of 2099 as a morally challenged political revolultionary or something to that effect But John Francis Moore gave him a solid foundation to work with. Just because now you've got me nostalgic I'll just post this. Pat Broderick was great on the art. Unfortunately I recall on his Twitter of somewhere that he really didn't get along with Ellis but that's how it goes I guess.

I loved his relationship with Fortune who I believe is a descendant of Boris

The 2 Dooms fight...

Fortune and Vox were my fave supporting characters! I didn't know Doomscribe made the first doomsite that's awesome! I'm a sucker for cyber punk and Doom 2099 was amazing in combining that feel into their art/world as well as the fact it didn't feel out of place when you got scenes like the ones above. I didn't know many people liked Doom 2099, glad to see other's enjoyed it too.

I feel like the time travel is not utilized enough with Doom, he was after all the first person in the Marvel Universe to do so and even invented the time machine in Fantastic Four comics. I feel like maybe a series showing Doom trying to rule Latveria in the now and in the future would be cool.

Amazing Member

I still think Christopher Cantwell wants another shot at Doom. I know he put a like on someone's tweet that commented that he wished his Doctor Doom series had lasted longer. I'd love to see that arc he had planned where Doom would have a stroke and need some rehabilition time and chooses to spend it writing an opera. Of course, it would be about Latveria....and himself.

I just don't want another Fantastic Four arc where he's the main adversary. I was worried that's how Slott's Reckoning War might end up although it now looks less likely considering this week's issue. Marvel let's the writers get around that now with Aaron's Avengers book where it's not "our" Doom and that's okay. I wouldn't want Aaron writing Doom into his Avengers.
    Think enough time has went by to have him cross Wanda again...why did she act like she was ready to leave everyone to stay with him after she got her memories? That needed more reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by FRC Coazze View Post
    Thank you so much!
    No problem my friend

Seeing as how I'm very unimpressed with Slott's writing of Doom in the Fantastic Four, and with no other current plans for Doom that I know of and being curious I have to ask:

What plot would you all like to see happen for Doom? In which direction should Marvel take the character next?
    I enjoyed Doom's short stint in GOTG so perhaps something space centric? Wakanda has an intergalactic empire, mutants have mars and Teddy is ruling Kree/Skrulls so why not Doom?
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 05-19-2022 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    Think enough time has went by to have him cross Wanda again...why did she act like she was ready to leave everyone to stay with him after she got her memories? That needed more reasoning.
    I think the obvious answer is probably the best. They simply fell in love...sort of. I don't know if Doom was totally commited. Wanda was left to just wander aimlessly after House of M. Hawkeye found her in Transia IIRC but it was obvious she had amnesia and didn't recognize him. That didn't stop him from sleeping with her though....he had a thing for her going back to Stan Lee's days on the Avengers when she was one of what became known by fans as the Kooky quartet of Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

We never really saw in Children's Crusade how they met but IIRC Doom just says he was informed that she was in Transia so he brought her to Latveria. With her memories of him being a bit fuzzy she had no fear of him. IMO he really did her a great service by providing a roof over her head and kept her from danger. Anyone might have taken advantage of the situation but Doom really doesn't. He's mostly very honest with her.

When she did finally get her full faculties back and remembered she really didn't get angry about her situation and still wanted the marriage to happen. What messed every thing up was when they were trying to get rid of the Life Force, Eli/Patriot took a shot at him that diverted the spell that Wiccan, Wanda and Doom were conjuring up and Doom got the Life Force instead.

In this sequence IMO Heinberg's intentions are voiced by Wolverine. Victor had gotten all Doomy and tried to divert blame for House of M from Wanda. But there's really no proof that Doom was even around when Disassembled/House of M gets under way. His last appearance was in Mark Waid's Fantastic Four run and he was banished to the Netherworlds. We see his escape happen later in JMS's Fantastic Four run.

Wanda knew the truth and so does Magneto but he tries to deflect here becaue he had some blame too.

It's a bit frustrating because Kristoff is one character Cantwell just had little use for. There's a podcast out there where he's asked about him and you can tell he really doesn't like the character.

Doom 2099 had an interesting cast but a lot of them got killed off as the series went on. I think Fortune lasted until the end. Wire was dead and then alive again. His rival / lover Margaretta probably died too. Tiger Wylde was a cyborg so he could be rebuilt. I can't remember just now if all of the Black Cabinet (Morphine Summers, Jacob Gallows, Sharp Blue, etc) survived.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    When I saw those 2099 comics being promoted that year when they decided to revisit 2099 I was really looking forward to it. But most of them were disappointing.

I think the obvious answer is probably the best. They simply fell in love...sort of. I don't know if Doom was totally commited. Wanda was left to just wander aimlessly after House of M. Hawkeye found her in Transia IIRC but it was obvious she had amnesia and didn't recognize him. That didn't stop him from sleeping with her though....he had a thing for her going back to Stan Lee's days on the Avengers when she was one of what became known by fans as the Kooky quartet of Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.
    OMG! Wasn't Wanda replaced by a "Doombot" when Hawkeye found her, or has that been retconned?
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-19-2022 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Wasn't Wanda replaced by a "Doombot" when Hawkeye found her, or has that been retconned?
    To put it delicately then Doom needs to go into business making very realistic Doombots for the kinky crowd. It's very obvious in Bendis's story that Hawkeye and Wanda got intimate. The one thing that is off is that the coloring job on Wanda made her hair too red, more like Jean Grey!

From New Avengers #26