Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Jim Starlin is working on new Dreadstar graphic novel

By the stars yes! About time he did something new.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpaign-1290090

Haters gonna hate.

I'll be getting the Dreadstar slipcase and this, along with the dreadstar universe guide
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is he still feuding with Marvel that they let a far more profitable book coincidentally use the same basic story idea he had for a graphic novel that was given to him basically to keep him busy?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is he still feuding with Marvel that they let a far more profitable book coincidentally use the same basic story idea he had for a graphic novel that was given to him basically to keep him busy?
    That Thanos Wins story by cates Is pretty different from Starlin's last ogn aside for the idea of Thanos meeting a future upgraded version of himself and you could say Starfox was the real main character of the OGNs. Marvel's recent attempts in making Thanos evil incarnate and gorefest, before Infinity War came out, were pretty cringe worthy. To say nothing of making him a reckless brute who doesn't think things through and jumps in front of powerful reality warpers that can one shot him. I still firmly maintain that Thanks should stop making appearances in the 616 universe.

I think Starlin Is still in bad terms with Marvel.

Btw this is about Dreadstar and not Thanos. I never got to read the Metamorphosis Odissey stories that came before the Dreadstar solo series, what are your thoughts about those?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am always up for more Dreadstar. I have all the rest of the Dreadstar books either in trades or single issues already. I have the Metamorphosis Odyssey in trade and then the series proper (issues 1-64) and even the follow up 6 issue mini series that stared Vanth's daughter. I followed the book from Marvel to First comics to Malibu comics

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am always up for more Dreadstar. I have all the rest of the Dreadstar books either in trades or single issues already. I have the Metamorphosis Odyssey in trade and then the series proper (issues 1-64) and even the follow up 6 issue mini series that stared Vanth's daughter. I followed the book from Marvel to First comics to Malibu comics
    Would you recommend the Metamorphosis Odissey books?

Astonishing Member

Thanos and Adam Warlock should have just remained dead -- and never brought back in the 80s. But I am interested in this new Dreadstar series, and long as the art isn't by Luke McDonnell -- he was a poor replacement for Jim's art.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Would you recommend the Metamorphosis Odissey books?
    It is a very weird story but well worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Thanos and Adam Warlock should have just remained dead -- and never brought back in the 80s. But I am interested in this new Dreadstar series, and long as the art isn't by Luke McDonnell -- he was a poor replacement for Jim's art.
    I really liked the Infinity stories from the nineties.

I just liked how as a character he developed from the Warlock Comics, from Infinity Gauntlet, hell people forget that in Infinity War towards the end Death tempts Thanos by offering herself if he kills Adam Warlock and he eventually refuses because he came to respect Adam and the threat of Magus was the more pressing matter, he had actual development and I loved it, the only other writers that were decently close were Ron Marz and Keith Giffen, at least they didn't turn him into a super angry guy that turns people into chunky salsa with his punches. Do people forget he could use energy blasts from his fists and eyes and he has also psychic abilities? He just seems like a super edgy evil brick that has no substance.

With the comic industry slowly circling the drain going the kickstarter route is the best way to go. Good for him.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    With the comic industry slowly circling the drain going the kickstarter route is the best way to go. Good for him.
    Marvel Is certainly going down the drain.

DC is in a better shape i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Heh. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Heh. I forgot about that.
    Just another reason why i dislike Brevoort.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is a very weird story but well worth reading.
    Good. Weird Starlin is best Starlin.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Just another reason why i dislike Brevoort.
    Thanos Wins was awesome, so I really don't care. Glad Starlin has a new project, but I didn't feel much of value was lost by Cates doing the idea first.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Thanos Wins was awesome, so I really don't care. Glad Starlin has a new project, but I didn't feel much of value was lost by Cates doing the idea first.
    Heh. I was turned off by the edgy gore and power levels being all over the place. The only thing i liked was Thanos erasing his future omnicidal self. After all being his own worst enemy Is part of the character.