Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Justice League Dark: Apokolips War! Where to next?

Just watched it and it was really something! lol Apparently,this is the end of this particular creative team(s) and its direction. So have to wonder,what do we get next?

Will they start making stuff similar to the JL/JLU again or will it be more movies like JL Dark or even JL Odyssey?

What would you like to see?

Man of Tomorrow and The Long Halloween are up next. Remains to be seen if they’ll use those to kick off new shared universes or if they’ll stick to standalones.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man of Tomorrow and The Long Halloween are up next. Remains to be seen if they’ll use those to kick off new shared universes or if they’ll stick to standalones.
    Oh,yeah did see Man of Tomorrow. Kind of refreshing that Superman won't be a "dark" character again.

The Long Halloween should be good. But you know they always change things from the books.

Not that I'm obsessed with shared universe films, but some of Jim Krieg's wording in the sneak peek of Man of Tomorrow makes me think they're doing a new shared universe of animated films.

I really hope that Man of Tomorrow starts a new, more lighthearted universe. I got really disappointed with Apokolips war..

I'm pretty sure those are standalones. They'd advertise Man of Tomorrow as a reboot if it was to drum up sales, and The Long Halloween is on the level of The Dark Knight Returns so they won't mess with that to fit a new universe. I do think a reboot is coming at some point, I just don't think they've announced the film that will do it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that I'm obsessed with shared universe films, but some of Jim Krieg's wording in the sneak peek of Man of Tomorrow makes me think they're doing a new shared universe of animated films.
    I haven't seen the sneak peek yet, but if it is the start of a new shared universe we probably wouldn't just have something about the wording to go on, they'd probably actually use the words "this is a new shared universe."

Their not going to start a shared universe with American Alien

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm pretty sure those are standalones. They'd advertise Man of Tomorrow as a reboot if it was to drum up sales, and The Long Halloween is on the level of The Dark Knight Returns so they won't mess with that to fit a new universe. I do think a reboot is coming at some point, I just don't think they've announced the film that will do it yet.
    Apokolips War basically ended on a reboot, from my understanding.

I don't think the continuity aspect would impact Man of Tomorrow's sales one way or another, and it's new so it's probably not something they need to advertise when, even if it will have some kind of follow up, it will be standalone on it's own.
    If they go about it the way they're handling Man of Tomorrow, I don't think they'll need to mess with Long Halloween at all.
    I haven't seen the sneak peek yet, but if it is the start of a new shared universe we probably wouldn't just have something about the wording to go on, they'd probably actually use the words "this is a new shared universe."
    Maybe if they were talking about the line in general and not about this individual film, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    It's more then just American Alien though.

Apokolips War basically ended on a reboot, from my understanding.
    Yes, but that doesn't mean the very next one will pick up on that and start the new continuity. One shots happen.

I don't think the continuity aspect would impact Man of Tomorrow's sales one way or another, and it's new so it's probably not something they need to advertise when, even if it will have some kind of follow up, it will be standalone on it's own.
    I still don't see them not advertising that it's the start of something new hoping for a bump in sales. Just seems like leaving some money on the table. It'd take just saying it's the first film in a reboot to ensure more eyes on it out of curiosity. That they haven't done that suggests that it very likely isn't. Makes no business sense. We shouldn't have to wait and watch the movie to find out.

If they go about it the way they're handling Man of Tomorrow, I don't think they'll need to mess with Long Halloween at all.
    Long Halloween really needs to be its own thing.

Maybe if they were talking about the line in general and not about this individual film, in my opinion.
    But they're not talking about the line, they're just talking about this film - more reason not to assume this is the new reboot,

Yes, but that doesn't mean the very next one will pick up on that and start the new continuity. One shots happen.
    I know, one shots were still happening even when there was a continuity. They never stopped doing standalone films. But I think most people would see the immediacy between a reboot moment and the kind of film Man of Tomorrow is and make some connections.
    I still don't see them not advertising that it's the start of something new hoping for a bump in sales. Just seems like leaving some money on the table. It'd take just saying it's the first film in a reboot to ensure more eyes on it out of curiosity. That they haven't done that suggests that it very likely isn't. Makes no business sense. We shouldn't have to wait and watch the movie to find out.
    I mean, to me, it just doesn't seem like something worth pointing out sales wise for the kind of film there is. There's other, more apparent, stuff to focus on regarding what the film is about and a shared universe that isn't even apparent yet isn't worth talking about.
    Long Halloween really needs to be its own thing.
    And it probably will be, just as this film is.
    But they're not talking about the line, they're just talking about this film - more reason not to assume this is the new reboot,
    All the more reason to not need to be super overt about the continuity aspect, in my opinion.

I know, one shots were still happening even when there was a continuity. They never stopped doing standalone films. But I think most people would see the immediacy between a reboot moment and the kind of film Man of Tomorrow is and make some connections.
    The kind of film this is? You mean origin right? Most DC reboots have a history of skipping the origin issues for a while...
    I mean, to me, it just doesn't seem like something worth pointing out sales wise for the kind of film there is. There's other, more apparent, stuff to focus on regarding what the film is about and a shared universe that isn't even apparent yet isn't worth talking about.
    It'd take one sentence anywhere and might increase the profit, of course it's worth it.

And it probably will be, just as this film is.
    By context you know when I say standalone I mean "not part of a shared universe" instead of "Can just watch this by itself". And LH really needs to be both kinds of standalone.

All the more reason to not need to be super overt about the continuity aspect, in my opinion.
    Yeah no, that's not how business works. If it might make more profit that way, you go overt. This is one of those situations where not being obvert is the wrong thing to do. If one sentence can hype more people to buy it, you say that sentence.

The kind of film this is? You mean origin right? Most DC reboots have a history of skipping the origin issues for a while...
    Well, the last one started with the origin of the Justice League .
    It'd take one sentence anywhere and might increase the profit, of course it's worth it.
    If you felt that factor might impact sales...which I'm not sure it would. But they also might want the film to stand on it's own merits as a standalone Superman film.
    By context you know when I say standalone I mean "not part of a shared universe" instead of "Can just watch this by itself". And LH really needs to be both kinds of standalone.
    Well, if you can watch it and there isn't any shared universe references and it's purely Long Halloween...only for this Batman to go onto to do other things, I don't really see the difference.
    Yeah no, that's not how business works. If it might make more profit that way, you go overt. This is one of those situations where not being obvert is the wrong thing to do. If one sentence can hype more people to buy it, you say that sentence.
    In this instance, if they're handling things how I think they are, I think they're marketing it the right way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Are they doing that Superman story at some point?

Well, the last one started with the origin of the Justice League .
    But not Superman's origin.

If you felt that factor might impact sales...which I'm not sure it would. But they also might want the film to stand on it's own merits as a standalone Superman film.
    I'm sure they do - but that's determined by the quality of the film. Advertising is advertising and the suits don't care, they'll tell them to mention it. And there's plenty of reason to assume doing so might impact the profit positively. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

Well, if you can watch it and there isn't any shared universe references and it's purely Long Halloween...only for this Batman to go onto to do other things, I don't really see the difference.
    There is a difference - they'd never do it the way you suggest. They'd force a cameo or an art style or other changes to fit a shared universe here. They would, just like they did Hush. And I just want the comic to be adapted properly without being messed with to that extent,

In this instance, if they're handling things how I think they are, I think they're marketing it the right way.
    I agree - those are my exact sentiments, difference is I think they're marketing the film the right way for handling things how I think they are - a standalone out of continuity film that isn't starting a new universe. Weird how we both think they're handling the marketing correctly for how we think they're handling things despite believing polar opposite things in how they're handling things.