Page 121 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who's left to introduce? The biggest usable one not already in the show is probably Silk, since I can't see them doing the Clone Saga that's needed to introduce Scarlet Spider and Mayday and 2099 would both only be possible if they did a time travel story.
    The Jackal's still out there and Miguel was on old promo art for the show, so I wouldn't rule them out.

But I don't think this show would benefit from more spider-people.
    Ms Marvel has the same VA in Avengers and Rising, and the Avengers version already appeared in Spider-Man. So yeah, they could have Wylie reprise Riri, even though it's a different version of the character.
    It wouldn't be Marvel Animation without some inconsistency thanks to role reprisals .

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Well...while Marvel's Spider-Man isn't early Ultimate bad, it isn't Spectacular good. I haven't been watching too much though, so there's a possibility that this show pulled a "The Batman" and actually got better deeper into the season (after establishing everyone).
    I do think Season 2 has been a bit better than Season 1, but the show isn't anywhere close to Spectacular. It's far better than Ultimate though, so at least there's a positive trend? Hopefully the next show will be even better lol
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I do think Season 2 has been a bit better than Season 1, but the show isn't anywhere close to Spectacular. It's far better than Ultimate though, so at least there's a positive trend? Hopefully the next show will be even better lol
    I definitely think, on the level of being a Spider-Man cartoon, this show is much better then Ultimate. Peter's characterization and dialogue is 10x better. Even better then MCU Spidey in my opinion since he actually has the personality down.

The production values are much worse then Ultimate but the show has also, in my opinion, never hit the lows of the early seasons of Ultimate.

But while I do enjoy it it does come off to me, at times, as discount Spectacular like Avengers Assemble is discount Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

One thing I enjoy about season 2 more then season 1 is that Spidey tends to win fights more on his own without needing to be saved, even if that still happens fairly frequently.

Now that you mention Miguel, the fact that there's no venomized version of him in this promo art rules him out from being introduced this season, which might be it's last.

I do recall that in a Q&A they said there were no plans to introduce Silk. I imagine that they would only introduce her (or any other Spider-Woman) if they add another male, since higher-ups don't like ensemble casts with more women than men (quite frankly, it's quite surprising that they have two of each for the main cast).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Now that you mention Miguel, the fact that there's no venomized version of him in this promo art rules him out from being introduced this season, which might be it's last.
    Honestly, if he was actually going to show up at all I would think they would've mentioned him at a panel or hyped it up more. But they've just talked about Superior and Goblin War.
    I do recall that in a Q&A they said there were no plans to introduce Silk. I imagine that they would only introduce her (or any other Spider-Woman) if they add another male, since higher-ups don't like ensemble casts with more women than men (quite frankly, it's quite surprising that they have two of each for the main cast).
    If they actually had Mary Jane show up I was just expecting them to give her powers since that seems to be the main thing they do with the supporting cast on this show.

But maybe they decided it's better just focus on their core cast more then adding new characters. I'm still not even sure how they're going to juggle four Spider-Heroes well at this point.

We already have a third male - Doc Ock. They could easily do what the comics did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

We already have a third male - Doc Ock. They could easily do what the comics did.
    They mentioned there's going to be a sacrifice this season. I figure it's going to be Doc Ock after he's learned how to be a hero from Peter's example during Superior.

I think if he were around they'd have promo art for him.

He might be the one to save them all, starting with the title idiot.

Did Miguel ever get Venomized?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

No, but neither did Anya and Miles hasn't yet either, though it looks like Miles will be Venomized in Absolute Carnage.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

No, but neither did Anya and Miles hasn't yet either, though it looks like Miles will be Venomized in Absolute Carnage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    He might be the one to save them all, starting with the title idiot.

Did Miguel ever get Venomized?
    Well, I'm not really sure. In 2099, there's a 2099's version of Venom (Venom 2099). His design is very similar to Miguel O'Hara's original look, but more monstruous, of course. I don't know if he was ever Venomized, but I'm quite sure some contact should have happened.

And about Anya, I don't remember if she was ever Vanomized, but the exoskelleton power she had as "Araña" back in the day looked way similar to a symbiote when it was activated.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 08-03-2019 at 12:38 PM.

That's why, as I said in her appreciation thread, I think they should've made her Venomized form look like the Arana carapace. Instead she just has her hair changed to the same colour as her costume and otherwise very minor design changes.

Astonishing Member

OK, I have to say, it's a really big surprise to see the designs for the Venomized heroes. However, they have giving me suspictions about potential events for this season. First of all, do you think the Poisons will appear too? I highly doubt it, but I can't stop thinking of it seeing the Venomized versions of Captain America, Hulk, Ironheart and Doctor Strange. I personally hope for not all symbiotes being Venom, as this is quite a chance to introduce other symbiotes from the comics: Toxin, Scream, Lasher, Riot, Agony, Phage and, most importantly, Carnage.

Now, about the Venomized Spiders, I believe this could give us interesting consecuences.
    + Anya/Spider-Girl: It's obvious that, at first, Anya won't be able to fight the symbiote; but I believe Anya will be able to subdue the symbiote somehow. Then, the symbiote will became an "upgrade" for Anya, and she will use it like the exoskelleton she had as Araña.
    + Gwen/Ghost Spider: I guess this link us to the events in the comics. Spider-Gwen lost her original powers (by a spider's byte) but regained new ones when the Venom's symbiote of her reality bonded to her. I suppose Gwenom will be in control at first, but she will eventually tame her symbiote to act as Ghost Spider and use her original suit as Spider-Gwen.
    + Miles Morales: Miles will be Venomized in the comic saga "Absolute Carnage", but I don't think he will keep this symbiote. Either in the comics or in the series.
    + Peter/Spider-Man: It really surprises me the new symbiote bonded to Peter, but I guess they couldn't use the old Black Suit anymore with Venom around here. Curiosly, this doesn't have a monstruous look like the others, so we can assume Peter will find a way to keep it under control. He surely won't use it for all season, but I bet this new symbiote will have a role in the future.

Now, after reading a few previous comments, I want to say a few more things about what else it could happen next. Let's see:
    + Silk clearly won't appear, as her role would have involved a LOT of new incidents that will surely won't have time for them. However, her shadow is present in the series and none of you seem to have noticed. In the promotional art of the series, and the design of Venomized Anya, her outfit is like the third and final one used by Silk during her superhero career.
    + Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara) will probably appear during the saga of "Superior Spider-Man", as he did in the comics. By the look of the promo art, he will surely use his ANAD suit; as he will surely spend some time in the series, trapped in the present.
    + I do believe Anti-Venom will appear in the season, only I don't think it will be Peter's new symbiote. Back when "Ultimate Spider-Man" was airing the last season, someone asked one of the writers if Anti-Venom would return; and he said "It's very possible". Anyway, I believe it will be Flash Thompson who will become Anti-Venom (as he did in the comics); and since this Flash is no soldier here, I guess he will look as Future Foundation's Spider-Man. Which means, Spider-Man's Black Suit with inverted colours.

+ The Jackal, Hydra's Spider-Soldiers and possibly the healing abilities of Anti-Venom could assue there will be a little "Clone Saga" in Season 3. Only, I don't believe it will be like the others. Unlike previous Clone Sagas which gave us Ben Reilly and/or Kaine, I believe this one could give us "Ultimate Jessica Drew", who was a female clone of Peter. Also, unlike the comics, she could get the name of "Teresa Parker", Peter's long lost sister. That would give us ANOTHER female Spider to the team.
    + Finally, it has been revealed in recent promo art from 2019 Calendar that Iron Spider (her classic red/gold design) could appear in the series too. I suppose Peter will use it first, but I believe there might me another one who will use the armor later. And that one, just like in the comics, I believe it will be Mary Jane. She has to appear in the series, and I see two ways she gained Spider-Powers. One, she was bitten by the same spider that bit Peter (just like Silk); or she could have kept stable spider-powers from the Spider-Island's arc somehow.
    + I just thought about something. Maybe "Teresa" will keep the Iron Spider's armor, and MJ could have Silk's powers; as her powers to use the silk from the webs to do clothes would fit her usual love for fashion. Also, she could have the "animal attraction" thing with Peter like Silk had.

Well, what do you think?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I definitely think, on the level of being a Spider-Man cartoon, this show is much better then Ultimate. Peter's characterization and dialogue is 10x better. Even better then MCU Spidey in my opinion since he actually has the personality down.

The production values are much worse then Ultimate but the show has also, in my opinion, never hit the lows of the early seasons of Ultimate.

But while I do enjoy it it does come off to me, at times, as discount Spectacular like Avengers Assemble is discount Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

One thing I enjoy about season 2 more then season 1 is that Spidey tends to win fights more on his own without needing to be saved, even if that still happens fairly frequently.
    I definitely agree with all your points here. The production values have dipped a lot since Ultimate (I'm not sure why, but the art is noticeably less detailed - especially the backgrounds and stuff) but I'm willing to forgive that since the characterization for Peter is far better, and I find that more important for a Spider-Man cartoon. Honestly, I also agree that this cartoon's Peter is a lot better than MCU Peter, which is why it's funny when I see a lot of people trashing this show and praising MCU Spider-Man.

What do you mean by discount Spectacular? If you just mean in terms of quality, then basically every Spidey show is discount Spectacular I guess. In terms of look and feel, though, I don't really see many similarities between this show and Spectacular Spider-Man, unless I'm missing something.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    What do you mean by discount Spectacular? If you just mean in terms of quality, then basically every Spidey show is discount Spectacular I guess. In terms of look and feel, though, I don't really see many similarities between this show and Spectacular Spider-Man, unless I'm missing something.
    I meant in as far as it deals with stuff Spec did but not as well in my opinion. Like Spidey, the action, the supporting cast, the villains etc. I mean, every Spider-Man cartoon deals with that kind of stuff but it feels more direct since the show is trying to be more "traditional" then Ultimate was.

I remember when people first saw the show they thought it was more stylized then Ultimate to be more like Spectacular...and I guess it is, just in a cheaper way.

Now that I think about it, if Dr. Strange is going to be here, that does signify that we'll probably see Knull and the more supernatural aspects of the symbiotes from Cates' run.

Even thought he is a consultant for this season, I was skeptical that they would go there since they wouldn't fit with the science theme of the series, but Strange being here changes that.