Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel Animation is in such a weird spot right now that I'm not sure quite what they're going to do with most of their properties. The "shared universe" of the past cartoons is on it's last legs so maybe they won't care about standardized versions across their cartoons so there's more creative freedom.

I didn't know who you were talking about for a second there until I remember what Cho's going by these days .
    I feel like they were trying to replicate the success of the DCAU but could never quite do it.

Nothing wrong with just trying their own thing here and going nuts with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I don't hate the costumes, but they do lack a certain charm we saw in Thor, GotG, and even Black Panther. But maybe they'll look cooler in person?

Mighty Member

Moon Girl's cartoon looks unique, not a big fan of aging her up since her bratty kid had a certain charm to it, but it look good. The art style sort of reminds me of what beginner artists would draw in their sketchbooks which probably is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I feel like they were trying to replicate the success of the DCAU but could never quite do it.

Nothing wrong with just trying their own thing here and going nuts with it.
    If they were trying to replicate the DCAU, then they failed on pretty much every front. And I actually enjoyed some of the Marvel cartoons.

But going for something more unique and different is better then "let's just copy the movies!"
    I don't hate the costumes, but they do lack a certain charm we saw in Thor, GotG, and even Black Panther. But maybe they'll look cooler in person?
    The aesthetic kind of seems Asgardian.
    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Moon Girl's cartoon looks unique, not a big fan of aging her up since her bratty kid had a certain charm to it, but it look good. The art style sort of reminds me of what beginner artists would draw in their sketchbooks which probably is the point.
    I imagine she'll still be a brat. It's part of her character .

Kit Harrington?! ugh Hollywood is really trying to give me Game of Thrones PTSD
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I imagine she'll still be a brat. It's part of her character .
    There's a difference between a bratty kid and a bratty middle schooler. The former is more unpredictable while the latter follows a pattern. I never found the middle school years particularly fun. Then again, I've never taught middle school.

Extraordinary Member

There's a difference between a bratty kid and a bratty middle schooler. The former is more unpredictable while the latter follows a pattern. I never found the middle school years particularly fun. Then again, I've never taught middle school.
    I was a TA at a middle school. It was the worst experience of my life and I had to quit because the kids were so bad. I was actually thinking of becoming a teacher, but that put a halt to that. I still have PTSD from it...I was I was exaggerating that.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I was a TA at a middle school. It was the worst experience of my life and I had to quit because the kids were so bad. I was actually thinking of becoming a teacher, but that put a halt to that. I still have PTSD from it...I was I was exaggerating that.
    Sorry for the experience

And thank you for affirming for me that teaching idiotic college freshmen is not the worst.

Extraordinary Member

This looks fun. And it looks like the X-Men will be involved in a major way.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry for the experience

And thank you for affirming for me that teaching idiotic college freshmen is not the worst.
    No, middle school is the worst. The worst of high school and elementary all thrown into a horrible mixture.

This poster has a big He-Man vibe to me. I know its a generic pose and all ... but still the first thing I went to.

Not heard it mentioned yet, but some are reporting a few extra details on the interaction:
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/23/20...lifornia-paris

"Worldwide Engineering Brigade" ... "W.E.B."? Seems a bit on the nose ... but then it is a kids park. I'll remain curious but honestly likely from a distance: Dinseyland's prices have gotten out of control for this family of 7 to ever visit.

don't slander my people, boomers!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Maybe I just have Black Knight on the brains, but other then Guillotine he's the most prominent sword-wielding hero Marvel has, right?

Although the background seems kind of cosmic.

Maybe I just have Black Knight on the brains, but other then Guillotine he's the most prominent sword-wielding hero Marvel has, right?

The clear armor outlines on the arms imply you're right, no way we'd see Conan in that gear I would really hope he'd have a cloak though ... knights need cloaks.

Ultimate Member

Nah, that's Hulkling with his space-sword Excelsior or whatever it's called.