Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Tired of Cyclops being shoved down every main female's throat.It would be ridiculous to add Maddie to his already full bed.
    Insert Wolverine joke here...
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member

Maddie needs to check into the Summer House on the moon.

Baby mama’s have privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hispanic: indigenous Latin American person/race

Latina/o/x: ethnicity

Spanish: originating from Spain/nationality

Empath is definitely white lmaooo
    Yeah, no. Hispanic is mostly a US made up term, it doesn't really mean someone from Latin America and is definitely not a race. I know that Americans have issues with this because of the need to box everyone in neat little boxes, but the reality is much more complicated than that. Brasil is a huge, multicultural country for example, and most people therefore don't identify as hispanic there, considering they have very little to no Spanish ancestry (ex Portuguese colony). I am from South America, and I am light skinned and 6'2" and have Italian/Spanish ancestry, and most people here in the US tend to belive that I am mixed with something else because a "Latino cannot be that European looking". I have friends from Latin America that are Asian, black, dark skinned and light skinned. Some have more indigenous blood and some have mostly german ancestry. The stereotypical image that Americans have of Latin people is mostly due to immigration patterns to the US, and that's why every time they see a Latino portrayed in media they have to have black hair or dark skin (or both). Sorry for the rant, but is tireing hearing/reading the old "he is latino, he should be depicted with dark skin, especially when it comes to characters that have traditionally been depicted with lighter skin, like Empath and Rictor, and that makes sense they have those features (Rictor is supposed to come from a more affluent family in Mexico, and a lot of them tend to be lighter skinned or white). Sayning that a Latino, Hispanic, Spanish person should have dark skin or black hair is as ridiculous as thinking that all Americans are white, or thinking of Americans as a race or ethnic group.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 07-20-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Why should not be white? He is spanish not latino
    He could be Latino AND still be white, I am both, and unless Italians are not considered white anymore I check all those boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Issue 1 was so much fun. I hope this book continues to be good. I am here for more Nanny and Orphan Maker. They are such a wild duo. I've always liked Empath too. Naturally I am very curious as to what Maddie Pryor is up to these days.
    I keep returning to Nanny's origin story and how her "villainy" was in large part due to her losing her mind when locked in her suit while trying to help mutantkind. And we know next to nothing about Orphan Maker/Peter. I think they both have potential for interesting stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Insert Wolverine joke here...
    Hehe.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I will say something for this title, when first announced I had absolutely no interest in it, I found the character selection poor and unispired even if you needed villains to round out the cast, I just read the first issue out of curiosity and....I really liked it. Havok and Psylocke are finally interesting and have purpose, and Greycrow is quickly becoming the breakout character of the group. Is especially satisfying because his face turn has happened over a few years and over a few titles (beginning with that Nightcrawler short story where he confronts Greycrow), plus the fact that he was Sinister original Maraurder and that he based much of his cloning process on him just gives it that extra link to the general ideas of DoX.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 07-20-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Also, I truly believe that Greycrow going by that and not Scalphunter has more to do with Marvel (Disney) not wanting to use a name that can have a very negative racial connotation. The author can of course give an in-story explanation for the change, but I truly believe it has more to do with the negative publicity that a name like that would get in the current social climate (you just can't as a company support a movement like BLM and at the same time have one of your few Native American characters be called "Scalphunter").
    Also a minor gripe, but I really feel that this title should have been called Marauders, and the one with Kitty and Frost should have been Hellions.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 07-20-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope we see Aurora & Wild Child interact at some point. Their reunion is something that I’ve been looking forward to since Weapon X.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Also, I truly believe that Greycrow going by that and not Scalphunter has more to do with Marvel (Disney) not wanting to use a name that can have a very negative racial connotation. The author can of course give an in-story explanation for the change, but I truly believe it has more to do with the negative publicity that a name like that would get in the current social climate (you just can't as a company support a movement like BLM and at the same time have one of your few native American characters be called "Scalphunter").
    Also a minor gripe, but I really feel that this title should have been called Marauders, and the one with Kitty and Frost should have been Hellions.
    I’ve been thinking this same thing for quite some time now.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I’m what you’d call a Barbra Streisand Jew. Blond, straight hair, pale skin, light blue eyes. Has nothing to do with the conversation, I just wanted to showcase these eyes lol
    D87EB90C-D897-4FB9-B309-9BDFCF7EC7D2.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

There is literally less than 2 days to go, I'm so excited, I really hope this issue is as good as the first.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    There is literally less than 2 days to go, I'm so excited, I really hope this issue is as good as the first.

Jbenito, which character are you most excited to see in Hellions issue 2?

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Jbenito, which character are you most excited to see in Hellions issue 2?
    Honestly all of them but especially Pryor. You?

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    He could be Latino AND still be white, I am both, and unless Italians are not considered white anymore I check all those boxes.
    He is Spanish. Not Italian.