Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Fantastic Four: Prodigal Sun#1 out next week.

Here's the preview:

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...d-goes-savage/
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Nice art, looks interesting and will be good to see some action for the FF

Superior Spider-Man #8

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post

Superior Spider-Man #8
    What is with the Thing's human looking nose? That is not what he looks like.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What is with the Thing's human looking nose? That is not what he looks like.
    Not only that, but in Superior Spider-Man he was drawn towering over Reed and Sue, when he shouldn't be that much taller.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Not only that, but in Superior Spider-Man he was drawn towering over Reed and Sue, when he shouldn't be that much taller.
    The guys made out of rocks...he should be towering over at least Sue. Reed could always stretch a little to be his height.

I personally prefer Ben taller, but everything else about how he's drawn in Superior Spider-Man is bad.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Kirby never gave Ben that much of a height boost, even as the Thing. Neither did Byrne. Some artists really got carried away later on though. This Byrne pin up page is a pretty good yardstick.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Nice art, looks interesting and will be good to see some action for the FF
    I agree this is the first time seeing this artist and I like his work.

And what a novelty. The same artist did all the pages. I wish I knew what's going on with the art line up for Slott's Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree this is the first time seeing this artist and I like his work.

And what a novelty. The same artist did all the pages. I wish I knew what's going on with the art line up for Slott's Fantastic Four.
    One of the reasons I am giving up on the main FF book.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Between Jack and Stan, and Byrne solo, what are some of everyone’s favorite FF stories/moments?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Between Jack and Stan, and Byrne solo, what are some of everyone’s favorite FF stories/moments?
    The first Frightful Four story was the only story where I felt they were a legitimate threat to the Fantastic Four. Let's be honest, the F4 have experienced a power creep over the years. Reed has outwitted the Abstracts on multiple occations. Sue's force fields allowed her to level castles with little effort and allows her to hurt Celestials. Johnny once broke the Planck Temperature, the literal temperature where physics as we know it change. In the context of the Marvel Universe, this meant Johnny once broke reality. Ben trades blows with the Hulk. Enough said. This was the only instance the Frightful Four were really a threat.

Between Jack and Stan, and Byrne solo, what are some of everyoneÂ’s favorite FF stories/moments?
    I’m cheating a little here as Byrne drew my favorite issues 212-214. It had Galactus and the Sphinx in one of the first cosmic battles I ever read in a comic. The dastardly skrulls who managed to capture 3/4 of the group and use their aging machine on them. The Xandarians!!!! Terrax!!!. The Watcher!!! Herbie!!!The FF were rapidly aging with the exception of Johnny. Insurmountable odds as Reed allowed Galactus to try to eat Earth in a last ditch effort to vanquish the Sphinx. Galactus easily defeats the Sphinx and vanquishes him to a fate worse than death as he is fated to relive his life over and over again for eternity!!!!
    Galactus turns his attention to earth but is foiled by Reed and Johnny with the ultimate nullifier. Due to the subtle machinations of the Watcher...Galactus is forced to leave Earth...taking his herald Terrax with him.
    Reed succumbs to his aging and joins Sue and Ben who had been placed previously in cryogenic tubes to slow the aging process.
    It is up to Johnny to save the day..but not before a battle with the insidious Skrull-X.
    This was the story that caused me to start collecting the FF...and go back and try to collect all the FFs I could.
    It also gave me a front row seat for the marvelous Byrne run that was delivered to my mailbox ever 4/5 weeks.

Most of what Jack and Stan did was great. It was 100 issues of creative genious I doubt we will see again. Hard to pick a favorite, but probably be the Silver Surfer / Dr Doom story.57-60. But if you just look at the mid 40s through the 60s (about two years), you have the Inhumans, Galactus and the SS, the Black Panther, the Kree and Him (Warlock). And in the midst, the legendary single issue #51.