Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    X0 could be the missing Life 6. They only showed Magneto 5 life failures. Seems X2 (the War) is Life Nine late in the Apocalypse War and Moira is in the sarcophagus Apocalypse was touching. Likely to keep her alive long enough for them to get this information about Nimrod to send into Life Ten. Not sure how the Ascension part in X3 ties into the present day story yet.
    Yeah, exactly how these times fit together and if they're all the same life of Moira is the big question. She has to be in that sarcophagus, which would imply that year 100 is life 9. I suppose Apocalypse wants the info they're going to go get, then will share it with her and then kill her to send her on to her next life with the information she needs.

But then that would seemingly undo year 1000 where Nimrod helps mutantkind ascend.

Not exactly sure if any of that is accurate. How all of this fits together is really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So is x-men #1 just magneto pretending to be a bad guy to help train the first students of x-men
    He says he’ll go hardline if he ever feels Xavier is dropping the ball. This is not some intellectual exercise for Magneto - his cause is everything to him, and this is his only timeline. Obviously they made up and got back on course later.

So the theme of transcendence seems to be established now. Pulling in Phalanx and tidying up how the Technarchy fits in with it is probably just nice to know stuff because really we only need what is on these pages.

Ultimately ascendancy for what is now apparently called Post-Humanity is the final stage of evolution. Once you get to Type III civilization what else is there? That's pretty much assured survival.

X^1 & X^3 continue to mirror each other which further suggests that X^3 is the final part of the plan in X^0.

The only questions to be answered now are:
    Is this Moira's very long term plan? -seems heavily hinted
    Is Moira somehow still alive to be part of the hoped for ascendency? -Possibly, my theory that she somehow survives in Cylobel still holds water.
    Is Moira's plan to break her cycles by transcending time itself?

Its cool that everyone seemed to get the tree guy's identity wrong.
    Magneto is awesome here in both art and voice.
    Apocalypse is far better as the leader than Franklin.

If all the non red books are this good we are in for a great ride.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-14-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    He says he’ll go hardline if he ever feels Xavier is dropping the ball. This is not some intellectual exercise for Magneto - his cause is everything to him, and this is his only timeline. Obviously they made up and got back on course later.
    Yes, this was actually quite clever. It leaves room for him going full villain for a lot of the timeline.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Spectacular Member

X0 could be the missing Life 6. They only showed Magneto 5 life failures. Seems X2 (the War) is Life Nine late in the Apocalypse War and Moira is in the sarcophagus Apocalypse was touching. Likely to keep her alive long enough for them to get this information about Nimrod to send into Life Ten. Not sure how the Ascension part in X3 ties into the present day story yet.
    However, she wouldn't have 5 examples to show him but life 6. 1 and 2 she had no experience with Magneto and she died shortly after becoming aware she was a Mutant at the end of life 2.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Yeah, exactly how these times fit together and if they're all the same life of Moira is the big question. She has to be in that sarcophagus, which would imply that year 100 is life 9. I suppose Apocalypse wants the info they're going to go get, then will share it with her and then kill her to send her on to her next life with the information she needs.

But then that would seemingly undo year 1000 where Nimrod helps mutantkind ascend.

Not exactly sure if any of that is accurate. How all of this fits together is really interesting.
    Why are you so obsessed with this not being the actual timeline for the MU we know? Literally nothing suggests it isn't. Everything makes sense without M11.

Quote Originally Posted by HowitzerJoe View Post
    BTW, this doesn't feel like a good jumping on title for new readers.
    Haven't read the X-Men since the '90s. Really enjoying this book, and the text pages are filling in what I don't know.

Know nothing about the Phalanx, but again, the text pages told me all I needed to know about them for this issue.

Also, “We have a plan. It’s ambitious and long term.”

At least half a page of author’s voice straight from the pitch meeting there.

“Join us, Erik. Join me.”

Hickman takes Cebulski’s hands into his own.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 08-14-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with this not being the actual timeline for the MU we know? Literally nothing suggests it isn't. Everything makes sense without M11.
    Literally nothing? There's a lot to indicate that the future being depicted is Life 9.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Yes, this was actually quite clever. It leaves room for him going full villain for a lot of the timeline.
    According to Hickman, Magneto has always been a full villain.

He says Xavier is a hero who does what needs to be done. And Magneto is a villain who does what needs to be done. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Haven't read the X-Men since the '90s. Really enjoying this book, and the text pages are filling in what I don't know.

Know nothing about the Phalanx, but again, the text pages told me all I needed to know about them for this issue.
    Yeah, their history in the comics is not really relevant. You know that they’re a super advanced machine intelligence and people want to join them. When you think about it, it makes no sense for such a group to absorb others by destructive assimilation. They don’t have to feed, but they do need to grow and learn by incorporating and preserving more unique perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    However, she wouldn't have 5 examples to show him but life 6. 1 and 2 she had no experience with Magneto and she died shortly after becoming aware she was a Mutant at the end of life 2.
    Magneto and Xavier would still exist in Life 1 and 2. She'd see him attempting to conquer the world on news reports or first hand if he happened to be doing his villain-stuff in her town.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    Literally nothing? There's a lot to indicate that the future being depicted is Life 9.
    No. That was a forever war, this isn't, and why would we assume X^2 was in a different timeline to X^1?

Spectacular Member

Not true. Magneto and Xavier would still exist in Life 1 and 2. She'd see him attempting to conquer the world on news reports or first hand if he happened to be doing his villain-stuff in her town.
    They said specifically in House of X 2 she didn't even know she might be a Mutant until right before she went to see Charles and died in life 2. If she'd been familiar with Mutants in both that and the previous life, and determined she had these powers much earlier, why would she only figure it out after Xavier revealed himself to the world as a Mutant?

The direct implication is that Moira was unaware of the Mutant struggle in her first life, and second up until that point.

BANNED

I love how Hickman writes Cyclops.

Have to agree with most though. The future stuff just isn't all that interesting. Yet anyway.