Page 206 of 337 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5046
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Doomwar and esp. Books of Doom are great finds. You will definitely be entertained.
    Doomwar would be perfect if the second arc(T'Challa's counterattack)was similar to Scott Lang's assault on Latveria during Fraction's FF.My ideal ending for Doomwar would be Black Panther crippling Latveria's economy,messing with Doom's robot army and financially supported the Latverian opposition.I would keep Doom in power but having to deal with a broken country and the possibility of a "Latverian Spring" inside his country.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Doomwar would be perfect if the second arc(T'Challa's counterattack)was similar to Scott Lang's assault on Latveria during Fraction's FF.My ideal ending for Doomwar would be Black Panther crippling Latveria's economy,messing with Doom's robot army and financially supported the Latverian opposition.I would keep Doom in power but having to deal with a broken country and the possibility of a "Latverian Spring" inside his country.
    That's like deja vu to Mark Waid's Authoritative Action arc if you ask me. Unlike Wakanda which had the distinction of never being conquered, Latveria has always had a tumultuous history of takeovers and pockets of revolutions. Kristoff Doom kept Doom off the throne for quite a while and as recall during the Heroes Reborn era, we never found out exactly what was going on in Latveria. Kristoff and Nathaniel Richards tried to get into Castle Doombut the Doombots kept them out. I don't think Marvel ever bothered to write much of anything about the state of affairs in Latveria while he was gone. And he didn't return immediately after the HR comics ended. He doesn't come back to the MU until near the end of Claremont's Fantastic Four.

Recently we've seen some factions in Latveria springing up since Doom decided to abandon Latveria and I would like to see more done with that. There are two opposing factions according to the Vote Loki mini

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-25-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Last night I came across a post on tumblr that mentioned colorist Matt Hollingsworth posted some previews panels of Infamous Iron Man #2 on his Twitter. I like the hues he's using here and IMO a limited palette works well with Maleev's illustrations.

That looks superb. Now I can't wait for the next issue
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Last night I came across a post on tumblr that mentioned colorist Matt Hollingsworth posted some previews panels of Infamous Iron Man #2 on his Twitter. I like the hues he's using here and IMO a limited palette works well with Maleev's illustrations.

Looks awesome, definitely waiting for n°2
    Last edited by Mechanical.SBK; 11-01-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

ANAD AVENGERS #15, while giving a special focus on the current Thor, also reveals an "Untold Avengers Story" involving Doom.

Fantastic Member

I agree can't wait for issue 2 . Issue 1 was a decent read .

BANNED

Happy Birthday Larry Lieber!!!

Dr. Doom's first appearance as a protagonist.
    Artists: Larry Lieber and Frank Giacoia

Astonishing Tales #1-8
    Each issue of Astonishing Tales provided two stories with the second one featuring Dr. Doom.
    Roy Thomas teams up with artist Wally Wood for several issues of unique stories starring Dr. Doom.

Larry Lieber takes the reins from Roy Thomas to continue Doom’s adventures, which include revolution, androids, and bringing a mummy back to life.
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._larry_lieber/

Happy Birthday indeed to Stan's younger brother. He also plotted and co-wrote Doom's first solo story in Marvel Super Heroes #20

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Anyone feel like they should give Victor his own supporting cast? Like, whatever happened to Boris? It'd be good place to see him as Dooms kind of butler here whilst he operates as the Infamous Iron Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Anyone feel like they should give Victor his own supporting cast? Like, whatever happened to Boris? It'd be good place to see him as Dooms kind of butler here whilst he operates as the Infamous Iron Man.
    Yup, a supporting cast is a must. Maybe one or two Doom-specific villains. We need something besides things borrowed from other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Yup, a supporting cast is a must. Maybe one or two Doom-specific villains. We need something besides things borrowed from other characters.
    Might be borrowing here but perhaps Dreadknight? Dudes an Iron Man villain but he does have ties to Doom... I mean, Latverian who Doom punished by forcing a skull helmet grafted to his face.... would be an excellent time to develop the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Might be borrowing here but perhaps Dreadknight? Dudes an Iron Man villain but he does have ties to Doom... I mean, Latverian who Doom punished by forcing a skull helmet grafted to his face.... would be an excellent time to develop the character.
    That'd certainly work. Thing is, the whole "Iron Man" thing limits the selection pool. If this were a regular Doom book, you could've easily added folks like Satana or the Black Swan in his Supporting Cast, while bringing back characters like the Marquis or Dracula to act as Antagonists.

That's like deja vu to Mark Waid's Authoritative Action arc if you ask me. Unlike Wakanda which had the distinction of never being conquered, Latveria has always had a tumultuous history of takeovers and pockets of revolutions. Kristoff Doom kept Doom off the throne for quite a while and as recall during the Heroes Reborn era, we never found out exactly what was going on in Latveria. Kristoff and Nathaniel Richards tried to get into Castle Doombut the Doombots kept them out. I don't think Marvel ever bothered to write much of anything about the state of affairs in Latveria while he was gone. And he didn't return immediately after the HR comics ended. He doesn't come back to the MU until near the end of Claremont's Fantastic Four.

Recently we've seen some factions in Latveria springing up since Doom decided to abandon Latveria and I would like to see more done with that. There are two opposing factions according to the Vote Loki mini

Didn't he ended up in Latveria after the new Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Damn, son. That's an awesome cover.

Thanks for posting the great cover, Ravin' Ray! It really comes out very striking by using just a few colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical.SBK View Post
    Didn't he ended up in Latveria after the new Secret Wars?

Damn, son. That's an awesome cover.
    Yes, Doom get sent back to his home at the end of SW III. The "Vote Loki" story I would have to think is showing the aftermath of his leaving back in Invincible Iron Man #2. Doom was showing Tony the extra Wanda of Watoomb that had "slipped through the cracks between worlds". In the meantime, a group of rebels or maybe just looters were on their way into the ruins of Castle Doom. That' s one of the things that Bendis never really followed up on. I hope we find out more about the status of Latveria in Infamous IM.

I like you gallery, by the way! I remember Doomscribe's old website used to have a nice one back in the early days of the internet.