Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wait till people realize that since Kang's actor is in the MCU black, either Sue or Reed (or both) will very likely be black too.
    Not really.

Kang’s Their descendant from two thousand years in the future.

To think that the Richards wouldn’t have any intermixing in two thousand years between the 21st and 41st century is crazy, and not very likely.

So they can have a Caucasian Reed and Sue just fine. And still have the black actor portray Kang.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 10-10-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Awesome cosplay by cutiepiesensei

Awesome indeed, a great job.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Big hair has always been my favorite hairstyle on her.😉👍
    Last edited by XForever; 10-11-2020 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by XForever View Post
    Big hair has always been my favorite hairstyle on her.����
    Agreed. The animated version from X-Men: Evolution is also my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I'm not going to lie, I love the way Rogue looked in "X-Men: The Animated Series" and "X-Men: Evolution."
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I was listening to a Jay and Miles where Jay had someone on who helped with the show bible for Evolution. It was interesting to hear him talk about his ideas for the Rogue design. Honestly, this was a really smart way to change up the character so they didn't re-hash what TAS did
    Make Good Art

Rogue is the fourth most powerful female mutant in the Marvel Universe, according to the latest Top Ten Nerd video

Awesome cosplay by cutiepiesensei

She is gorgeous. A+ cosplay!

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue is the fourth most powerful female mutant in the Marvel Universe, according to the latest Top Ten Nerd video
    As much as I love Rogue I'm not actually sure she's in the Top 10. She's a powerhouse for sure with a history of being able to own the Avengers solo and has both gotten better at controlling her powers as well as manipulating it but... if you're not a telepath or an omega level mutant it's hard to get in there.

Some women who could be considered more powerful.

Cassandra Nova
    Selene
    Storm
    Jean Grey
    Rachel Summers
    Emma Frost
    Betsy Braddock
    Magik
    Hope Summers
    Polaris

Other(s): Karma, Monet, Magma, Sienna Blaze, Stepford Cuckoos, Therondy, Candra, Sabra, Tarot, Malice

That said it also depends on your definition of powerful. Who has the most capability for destruction is not always necessarily who beats who in fights or who is most dangerous.

Outside of a couple of exceptions, most of the above mentioned women are glass cannons. They can dish out hurt, but they cannot take it themselves. If you get close to them, they can easily get taken out. Rogue is the opposite. She becomes more dangerous the closer you are to her. Her combination of superior strength, of which there are very few mutants (whichever gender) who could challenge her physically, and her semi-ranged absorption make her almost -- hah -- untouchable in close quarter combat. I think in terms of raw power I'd perhaps rank those women above Rogue, but for extended fights or battles Rogue ends up being much more powerful (especially if she picks up an extra powerset or two).
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-12-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    She is gorgeous. A+ cosplay!
    Agreed, on both counts.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I am now astounded that no variation of Rogue was a black woman... It could have happened.
    I'd love to see a black Rogue.

I remember reading somewhere that Claremont originally intended to model Rogue off of Grace Jones, so 616 Rogue may have been slated to be black at some point.

Could we have possibly had 2 leading black female characters simultaneously in X-Men comics and TAS with both Storm and Rogue?

Astonishing Member

I think that was Dazzler (I remember some early art work floating around somewhere showing a more grace jones looking dazzler.)

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think that was Dazzler (I remember some early art work floating around somewhere showing a more grace jones looking dazzler.)
    I remember the article specifically referenced Rogue, but don't remember where I saw it.

Astonishing Member

Could we have possibly had 2 leading black female characters simultaneously in X-Men comics and TAS with both Storm and Rogue?
    Imagine Storm talking english with african language (pick the appropiate) accent or very proper english, next to a black Rogue talking in southern dialect. Interesting culture clash.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    From a quick check.
    Dazzler was indeed meant to be based on Grace Jones, which made sense given the promince of black artists (especialy singers) in disco music, but the studio involved in the planned Dazzler life action movie, wanted actress Bo Derek to play the character. So Dazzler was redesigned to resemble her rather than Jones.

Reading about the whole creation process for the character around that planned movie project still sounds kinda crazy today. It reminds me a bit to Jodorowsky’s attempt at a Dune movie around the same time. A mega project of a movie involving all kinds of star power and a crazy story ultimately ending nowhere because nobody was willing to shell out the money for it.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-13-2020 at 10:56 AM.