Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice

Incredible Member

BLIMEY, today's episode was non-stop fun!!!

spoilers:
    Glad they didn't overlong M'gann confronting Ma'Alefa'ak (surprised he legitimately doesn't know what Kryptonite is). But crikey, Miss Martian has gone full nihilist; she lost the will to care anymore (she's not only lost the love of her life, but the trail for his killer has gone cold really fast). Curious to see what E'mree will bring the series, now she's travelling to Earth.

Ooooh, a gang war between Penguin and Two-Face (wouldn't mind seeing those two appear at some point).

The Flashback to (I'm guessing) Pre-Season 3 was interesting; glad to finally see Joker make a comeback, and just as I guessed, he's become a real wildcard to the Light. Weisman and Vitti have obviously taken a note from the Infinite Crisis event in the original comics, where you learn never to put Joker on the sidelines. Plus, love that it was Ivy who "spilled the beans" to Joker (if there's one constant in the DC Multiverse, it's that Ivy absolutely makes her day spoiling Joker's day) and that Riddler is still unappreciated in this series.

Plus I'm impressed that they went a different route with how Barbara lost the use of her legs; while Joker is still to blame, she was just preventing Cassandra from making a big mistake.

Didn't expect the Glamour charm to come back; Tigress must really regret using that on the Light back in Season 2.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Multiverse; 11-18-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Well, Malefak doesn't seem to be all that bothered by his failed genocide attempt, only happy the White Martians were able to inspire fear into the hearts of the Green and Reds...until Miss Martian shows up to strike the fear of H'ronmeer into him and his groupies as she throws them all around and almost squeezes the life out of her brother until she finds out he had nothing to do with the Kryptonite. Attempted genocide? Yes. Murdering his sisters fiance? Not intentionally. Also, J'onn is there but doesn't get to do much other than stand around being useless and comforting M'Gann.

Oh, and of course he uses a Boom Tube to get out of there. YJ villains always have a spare box handy to get away.

The more they say the "Orphan" name the more it sounds ridiculous when they've already just established her mother is very much alive (if not very deserving of any "mother of the year" wards) and that she has a found family in the Batfamily. Like at least call her Cassandra...oh wait, that might get confusing.

I have to admire the fortitude it takes to basically be carrying on two conversations at once when you're in the middle of something with people while Oracle is in your ear asking questions/making comments and you're trying not to let anyone know she's there. And Babs won't stop talking.

I guess it takes the entire established Batfamily to fend off a turf war between Penguin and Two-Face, which keeps them busy from trying to save Cass....

I don't know if anyone was really asking to see YJ!Joker back, but at least his design was much better here. Brent Spiner's not my favorite Joker VA but he tried his best with what he had to work with. Would he really take it that personally that he was the only one in the Injustice League who wasn't in on it with the Light? I think he'd just laugh about it...although it is kind of fitting that in one way or another Joker is responsible for crippling Batgirl, albeit indirectly here. And staging his attack at the UN reminded me of Death in the Family (although we have no idea if he had anything to do with Jason's "death" here).

Kate's been with the Batfamily a while even though she debuted way later than any of these characters in the comics.

I'm glad they're establishing how important Cass is to Barbara and how close they are, particularly as sisters and with Babs worrying like a mother (a real mother) to make sure Cass is safe. Now if we could just better establish Cass's relationships with Bruce and the Batfamily, I would be really happy .

"I was trying to save you." So, did they already know about Cassandra by this point? I don't think Babs would try to save a random LoS agent she'd never seen before and I don't know if she could have extrapolated this little girl needed help in two seconds. Also, does that mean none of them would have bothered to save Joker if it hadn't been someone who deserves better than killing him?

I guess it makes it worse for Cass that the inciting incident that made her swear off the assassination lifestyle was harming an innocent and the person who would end up taking care of her/mentoring her/letting her eventually succeed her mantle. Pretty messed up stuff.

Let's all take turns punching Joker! Except Batman, apparently. Weird he just kind of vanished in that scene. He didn't even deliver any coup de grace on Joker or be there with Dick comforting Babs.

Jesse McCartney returns for Dick's one line in the episode. It was nice to hear him, but I'm always curious about this show handles its VA's to where he's voiceless in one episode but they gave him only two lines here.

M'Gann seems basically done with life now that Conner's gone and they don't know who tried to kill him, and her family comforting her isn't really getting through to her. Her own sister wants to come with her to be there for her, but M'Gann doesn't really seem to care. Although I'm partially curious if her sister just wants the Earth experience for herself and is using comforting M'Gann as an excuse to get it.

I'm really not surprised Cassandra Savage was the spy (or at least the first one to reveal herself), and she didn't really lose half her face and arm, so I guess she really isn't a "Scandal" quite yet. Makes you wonder how much of what she said was true or just spinning her own backstory for sympathy.

And Cheshire coming in the clutch to back her sister up! Good to see.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Caught up on the last three eps...the one with Conner dying i guess i didn't even watch as i was just tired and bored of the Mars stuff. Glad to see the eps focus on who i actually like in Artemis and especially Cheshire. Young Justice as a whole has just made me love anything and everything to do with Cheshire.

Can we get a Bowhunter Security spinoff? I mean, I'd watch it.

Am I the only one who gets low key kinda triggered when Artemis is with her dude...like its been years, she deserves to move on and be happy and yadda yadda, but dangit, she should be with Wally lol
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I thought it was fun but the Babs/Cass connection felt clunky. Her trying to save Cass's soul by getting between her and Joker is a nice sentiment but over the top. Plus the Jason references would work better if I knew this version. These are just nitpick I had while watching.

I enjoyed the episode and I'm looking forward to seeing it's conclusion next week.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-19-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought it was fun but the Babs/Cass connection felt clunky. Her trying to save Cass's soul by getting between her and Joker is a nice sentiment but over the top. Plus the Jason references would work better if I knew this version. These are just nitpick I had while watching.
    I've seen people point out it would've made more sense for her to throw a Batarang instead of diving straight in.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

So far I love this season (ecstatic the main cast is the focus again) but as happy as I am that Cassandra Cain is also getting the spotlight (my favorite heroine in comics), I really feel this series missed out here.

I was really hoping the last issue would show how well trained she is by having her kick the crap out of that Black Spider. So far, she's just a girl that can fight ok and can't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    So far I love this season (ecstatic the main cast is the focus again) but as happy as I am that Cassandra Cain is also getting the spotlight (my favorite heroine in comics), I really feel this series missed out here.

I was really hoping the last issue would show how well trained she is by having her kick the crap out of that Black Spider. So far, she's just a girl that can fight ok and can't talk.
    I'm still waiting for them to give us a good hand-to-hand fight with Cass. And Shiva, honestly.

Honestly after what happened with Babs I'm even more surprised she's still using a weapon, let alone that the Bafamily lets her.

Oh man, that "Crock of Sh--" line cracked me up.

I'm not sure how I feel about Young Justice using a flashback like this. The show has always been about going forward, and the only time I remember getting a flashback was to Jaime first discovering the scarab and that was part dream sequence. Opening up flashbacks is just going to make me want to see more of what happened between the transition of seasons 1 and 2 and the active heroes of that era.

Brent Spiner's Joker is always going to feel like a product of the post-Heath Ledger era, so while I appreciate he was able to get through his long diatribe, I'm kind of wishing we get a Joker closer to Alan Tudyk's so it would feel more contemporary.

Cassandra was wearing a glamour! I didn't think she could be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't like that Barbara apparently got in the way to save Cass. How did she tell her apart from your standard shadow? Babs "saving" Cass is my only issue with this new origin.
    I appreciate that it cuts out the Helena Bertinelli-Batgirl that eventually becomes the Cassandra Cain Batgirl part of her origin because that would over complicate things here. So Cassandra is directly influenced by Barbara this way. But I didn't get why Barbara would take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jesse McCartney returns for Dick's one line in the episode. It was nice to hear him, but I'm always curious about this show handles its VA's to where he's voiceless in one episode but they gave him only two lines here.
    Maybe they had him record for multiple episodes in one session.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Young Justice using a flashback like this. The show has always been about going forward, and the only time I remember getting a flashback was to Jaime first discovering the scarab and that was part dream sequence. Opening up flashbacks is just going to make me want to see more of what happened between the transition of seasons 1 and 2 and the active heroes of that era.
    I guess this is what happens when you time skip over so much important stuff that you have to flashback to when it happened when it's finally pertinent to the story.

I guess we'll get a Jason flashback eventually.
    Cassandra was wearing a glamour! I didn't think she could be trusted.
    Did they not pat her down?
    I appreciate that it cuts out the Helena Bertinelli-Batgirl that eventually becomes the Cassandra Cain Batgirl part of her origin because that would over complicate things here. So Cassandra is directly influenced by Barbara this way. But I didn't get why Barbara would take that risk.
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of people question why Babs felt compelled to save this specific LoS member (like whether she knew about Cass beforehand) or why she didn't just throw a Batarang to disarm her.
    Maybe they had him record for multiple episodes in one session.
    That would explain a lot.

So did Shiva oust control of the League from Ra's al Ghul in between the seasons?

I forgot.

The episode was a fun conclusion. I'm curious what the next arc is gonna be about.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-25-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    So did Shiva oust control of the League from Ra's al Ghul in between the seasons?

I forgot.

The episode was a fun conclusion. I'm curious what the next arc is gonna be about.
    Deathstroke did. He just put Shiva in charge of running it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

How cringe does someone have to be for a cult of assassins to offer therapy?

It was nice to see Artemis' season 1 suit again.

Wow, Onyx got used pretty hard.

"Orphan can't fight her mother!" Can we all agree the name doesn't really make any sense to call Cass now? Like, even if it's a rejection of her mother, her mother is literally alive and she has a found family. She's not an orphan in any sense of the word.

The Kent Farm! The Kents! Jon finally talks! More Lois! That was nice, even if the crux of it was talking about Conner's death and getting Jon to understand what happened to Uncle Conner. Jon bonding with Wolf really reminded me of Krypto.

People critical of Superman's behavior towards Conner in season 1 will be happy he's still kicking himself over it.

So I guess if the villains ever need to escape without a Boom Tube, Shade will randomly show up to spirit them away because they paid him.

I was really ready for Cass to wreck everybody and then she grabs a sword and I rolled my eyes. Two of the greatest hand-to-hand fighters in the DCU and they fight with swords. At least Cass got to punch and kick Shiva before she gutted her. That really should have been the moment she tossed the sword for good but she had it around her waist when she hugged Babs at the end.

Spider-Man never gets caught in his own webbing...

Lian having a mask like her mother reminds me how she currently in the comics has her own cast mask and identity. Could this count as foreshadowing?

Cass trying to find the bug was hilarious.

Has Cass met Sensei before or did Shiva drill into her respect for him without even having met him?

I love how Sensei was blunt about how the LoS was never supposed to be a family, they just found impressionable young people they could mold into loyal warriors. But now they're genuinely trying to be better it seems, and maybe that's what Jade needs to heal to become a real mother for Lian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How cringe does someone have to be for a cult of assassins to offer therapy?
    I wonder if Jason is going to end up being more mellow as Red Hood because it seems like they're actively trying to improve him mentally. Although it's kind of silly that they keep seeing that Red-Hooded ninja and have no idea it's Jason.

I guess Talia's not happy about Ra's change of MO which is why Damian ends up like he does.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spider-Man never gets caught in his own webbing...
    Pretty sure he has. I'm not a comic buff historian, but I recall it happening before and needing to wait an hour for the web to dissolve; can't member the circumstance though. I think it's also happened in other media besides comics. Would be a good research project for that CBR guy who researches odd things in comics.

Mighty Member

Strong episode. I was kind of rolling my eyes when the exposition began, but it got better once the action started. And man, that pitch dark fight was visually impressive. It wasn’t quite he Cass/Shiva showdown I was expecting, but it was still very nice.

I don’t know how I feel about Jade’s resolution. I get she wasn’t ready to go home, but her and Onyx saying with Ra’s and Sensei on the island? And even if their redemption is sincere, it doesn’t mean they might not do something dangerous later. I wonder what Talia is thinking. Is she plotting something? Or is she reconsidering her stance with Damian after what happened with the Crocks and Onyx?

I don’t know how to feel about Cass. I do like that she showed even more autonomy in this episode but having the Oracle drone moralizing to her took some of the impact away. Also, I don’t know how to feel about her impaling Shiva like that. I genuinely thought she killed her. Also, a more fanboyish complaint, but I wish she had embraced the Batgirl identity. Maybe next time.

Shade following his promise was good. Stargirl still has my favorite off-comic Shade, but I’m glad he’s not a straight-up villain.

My favorite part of the episode was the Kent Farm scenes. I always thought it was a missed opportunity that we never saw Clark grieve, and that was remedied. Nice seeing Martha Kent and Jonny as well. Shouldn’t Jonny be younger if he had to have his diaper changed? Unless that credits scene took place between seasons, but Jonny still seems too old for what was established.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022