View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 500 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4004504904964974984995005015025035045105506001000 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 21671

Has DC made any statements about the Golden and Silver Age trades that are coming out next year? I'm hoping they add Silver Age Superman Batman and Wonder Woman as well as Golden Age Wonder Woman and All Star since most of the work has already been done through the Archives. While I have things like Superman Wonder Woman and Plastic Man the All Star Archives was one of those price vs quality times I chose to save my cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I paid just under £40 for 15 issues in the Green Arrow Absolute so I'd pay about £50 for Preacher if I decide to go for it. $150 is more likely to drop to about £60-£70 for the UK. I was hesitant about getting the GA Absolute because of price/page count but it was worth it and it's easily the most I've paid for the page count. When I asked the question 'are Absolutes worth it?' it was obvious they're Marmite. I don't see Preacher being particularly off putting for people that love the format and want the material.

Will 700+ pages be the biggest Absolute to date? Is it an experiment for higher page counts and reflective prices?
    If I'm not mistaken, yes, it'll be the fattest Absolute ever, a title currently held by Absolute Batman Incorporated.

Personally, I'm all in for fatter Absolutes (I love Dark Horse's "Omnilutes"). What I'm strongly against is DC turning this line into a "very big book" line, forgetting all the little details that made the first Absolute editions a premium format.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, yes, it'll be the fattest Absolute ever, a title currently held by Absolute Batman Incorporated.

Personally, I'm all in for fatter Absolutes (I love Dark Horse's "Omnilutes"). What I'm strongly against is DC turning this line into a "very big book" line, forgetting all the little details that made the first Absolute editions a premium format.
    Not officially an absolute but same build and sizes and everything, The life and times of Martha Washington in the 21st century is quite fat as well, don't have Absolute INC but can't imagine it being fatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Not officially an absolute but same build and sizes and everything, The life and times of Martha Washington in the 21st century is quite fat as well, don't have Absolute INC but can't imagine it being fatter.
    You're correct - the "absolute" MW is fatter.

http://www.amazon.com/Scalped-Deluxe...scalped+deluxe

Scalped has been released faster than other Vertigo series (usually 6 months for each volume)

Isn't that a Dark Horse book? I'm just talking DC's Absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Isn't that a Dark Horse book? I'm just talking DC's Absolutes.
    yeah, as I said it's not officially an absolute but exactly the same build. Just saying, there is a precedent for a big book like that (I didn't mention BDSC or Colossal Conan because of the lack of slipcase).

I wish Preacher would come out in deluxe format. All of the best Vertigo titles should be in deluxe imo.

yeah, as I said it's not officially an absolute but exactly the same build. Just saying, there is a precedent for a big book like that (I didn't mention BDSC or Colossal Conan because of the lack of slipcase).
    A slipcase for Sin City or Conan would have to be made of bricks to last ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Scalped-Deluxe...scalped+deluxe

Scalped has been released faster than other Vertigo series (usually 6 months for each volume)
    I know it's not in hardcover, but DC is spitting out the thicker Hellblazer tpbs even quicker - about three a year. I hope the quick release of Scalped starts a precedent for OHCs.

Is Scalped as badass as it sounds?

KingPakAttack

Default 100 Bullets Deluxe Book 2 HC

Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on why the Hardcover version of 100 Bullets book 2 is so expensive? I can find the 4 other books pretty cheap but Book 2 is being sold for over 3 times retail price.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I wish Preacher would come out in deluxe format. All of the best Vertigo titles should be in deluxe imo.
    I agree. Only reason I'm even bothering with the Absolute editions of Transmetropolitan is because it's never been released in Hardcover, I got volume one for $55, and i can't be bothered to wait another 3-5 years before they potentially release it in Deluxe format.

Preacher, as much as I want it, is not worth one overpriced $175 CAD Absolute edition, nevermind the 3 volumes it will be.. At least I've read the series in full so I can wait a little longer for possible Deluxe editions.. Or at least until I can find a great discount on them.
    Last edited by TheTemp; 11-24-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPakAttack View Post
    Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on why the Hardcover version of 100 Bullets book 2 is so expensive? I can find the 4 other books pretty cheap but Book 2 is being sold for over 3 times retail price.
    it happens with a lot of series that one of the books go oop faster than others and go for silly prices on the secondary market.
    Usually it's vol 2 or three and it always seem weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Is Scalped as badass as it sounds?
    yeah I would say it is. Hard boiled, gritty crime drama in an indian reservation. Tailor made for a tv series IMHO.