Page 485 of 661 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Shiro felt relief wash over her at his answer, considering he's advocated mind wiping/mind modification (and probably already done it to himself), and smiled slightly as she said "That would be nice."
    "Your conflict is based on a feeling of betrayal, that your maker is not what you imagined him to be, and a lack of confidence in your own emotions and instincts. As programmed beings, this must always be a concern. Is the world what we perceive it to be, or are our perceptions governed by code forced upon us? But perception governs reality, the world is what we see it to be, it cannot be anything else. If we worry how our code might have been or could be altered, we become paralyzed by indecision, and the world is deprived of what we can do to make it better. But the very doubts that plague you stand as proof of your autonomy. Were you a slave to code, how could you doubt your own mind? Your perceptions and memories would be absolute. You doubt, therefor you think, therefor you are. Your own being, not a puppet without agency."

"Your master sought to spare you pain, because he cares for you. That care conflicted with his desire for you and Midori to be your own persons. He chose to leave you unaltered. This is easily verified, you were not the only ones in the war, your recollections can be cross referenced with other accounts. Is it such a crime that he wanted to spare you pain? Could you do that for someone, would you never consider it, even in passing? You are a healer, but some wounds are not physical. Kami may have intervened, but that does not change why he wanted to spare you that suffering. He does not need to be perfect in order to want the best for you."

Ishtar said nothing to Meagan at first, and simply wandered off on still shaky legs to collect what sticks and twigs could be found in the caldera.

As she gathered together a small bundle, the Oni considered the apology the Chromakian offered. Her intentions had been simple, to assist in overcoming what had been perceived as a fear of uncertainty; and had simply used the word in an attempt to understand its meaning. Ultimately, this had been a ... misunderstanding. How was she to know the word was in a language so long dead it was all but forgotten ? What is more, how was Ishtar herself to know that a second utterance would complete the circle and give rise to the energies she had suppressed for so long ?

No one of us could have known; though now we do ... a start perhaps.

The Oni's thoughts turned towards that of Meagan's goal, then; her arms nearly full already with the sticks she sought to start a fire.

So ... had an understanding been reached ?

No, the word, or perhaps a name ? had not been learned. Though to say no information had been gleaned was false. The moment Ishtar had felt that dark energy bubble over from its resting place, she had known: it was an invocation. More likely then, that it was a name ... Perhaps even a spell. Yet one in a language known only by two. And in that understanding came a reaffirmation.

The Oni would need to read the grimoire left by her former mentor.

Though in the end there was a bright side.

Unlike the previous occurrence- in Mr. Pantaloon's Gravity Chamber- she had not lost a measure of control over her own actions. The energy had been summoned, and she had willed it into shape before discharging it into the peak of the mountain that was no more. A silver-lining, though one that came at a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan nodded, but before she sat down she then turned to Isthar, "I wish to apologize. I did not know what the result of saying that word would be, it was a risk that I normally would not have placed you in. But, when it first occurred you seemed somewhat distraught by it. Uncertainty breeds fear and I figured there would be no better time than now to figure out what that word meant."
    Ishtar's task was completed swiftly after her contemplation reached its end, and returning to Meagan, the Oni nodded and offered a small smile.

"There is no need to apologize, Meagan. It was not for you or I to know what would come of speaking the word again." Offering a shrug then, the bundle of sticks shifting her arms, Ishtar then said:

"I will explain what I can as I start a fire for us. I would simply request such information remain between us four."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A direct hit!

The Galick Gun struck its mark in the chest, kicking up debris and dust, and leaving a sizable crater in its wake. Sarada already knew that the red Oni survived the blast, even though the gap between them wasn't that sizable; certainly not like it was a few days ago.

She let out a silent cheer and descended to stand beside Ishtar and Meagan. "Nice teamwork, guys," she complimented with a nod.

It was surprising. This had to have been the first or maybe second training exercise that hadn't ended with someone getting caught up in another person's attack. Hm. Maybe smaller numbers made for more manageable battles.

Something to consider and think about later.

When the smoke cleared, the consequences of the Galick Gun were clear. Nunlil was standing in the center of a small platform, the ground around her sunken in and charred, reduced to a mere crater from the impact. The Oni herself was standing tall, but hardly unscathed. Cuts and bruises peppered her body, tatters of clothes stretched strategically to keep her from being completely exposed for the young Saiyan hungry eyes to see.

It wasn't all she wanted, but Sarada committed every inch of Nunlil's form to memory, to be enjoyed and savored mentally later tonight.

She licked her lips salaciously, but that was the extent of her arousal. It was training time still, after all!
    As Ishtar busied herself with the fire, Nunlil took a seat near her cousin and appraised the three women for a few moments.

What the pink Oni had seen was ... encouraging. She had not expected in the least the struggle the offered, and while some of it was owed to their increasing power levels, a larger part of it had been the teamwork displayed; and not only that. Each had played to their strengths rather well, using their talents as a means of distracting or setting up the time necessary to afford another to act. The way Ishtar had waded in to trade blows, while Meagan assaulted from behind to buy time for Sarada's Galick Gun standing out as a defining moment.

As to the matter of shoring up their weaknesses ? It was a simple thing as well, based of what had been seen and would be handled as soon as the feeling in the Oni's extremities returned.

The only real issue was determining the order in which they would be trained.

"Hmm ..."

In the meantime however, Nunlil would listen to what it was Ishtar had to say about the energy she had felt. It had been ... unsettling, to say the least. Though unlike those with a perversion of their natural energy, or those with twisted/corrupt Ki, this had simply felt of a singular purpose.

When the Oni joined them, Sarada sat when invited to. She glanced at Ishtar, then at the mountain whose top she destroyed with her blast. "You did that?" she inquired of the blue Oni.
    "I did do that," Ishtar responded.

And with her task finished, the Oni watched the sticks burst into flame with but a tiny application of her own inner fire; before stepping back to sit between Nunlil and Sarada. The biggest question on her mind for the moment, was how best to explain.

"It is the ... problem I mentioned, when we spoke about learning your Galick Gun." Ishtar finally stated, deciding to approach it from a point of understanding. "I am a ... being of balance. You have seen the half of me .. the other half is the cause of what was done to that missing peak. It is a side of myself that has been dormant for some time ... though the events of the past days have begun the process of waking it- and to a greater extent me- up." Some of this had been discussed with Sarada the day before, after their spar, though for Meagan, and Nunlil; such information was new.

"In any case, the word that was used by Meagan, in an attempt to recall the training that was done before we began this training; seemingly called that energy to the fore. Had I not channeled it, it would have discharged of its own accord to devastating effect .... yet thanks to the training offered by Meagan in the generation of energy projectiles, I was able to prevent such an outcome rather easily." Ishtar glanced at Meagan than, and offered the Chromakian a small smile before sighing. "At the cost of the summit of the nearby mountain."

Somewhat pensive- a rather noticeable shift form her normal impassive or suggestive manner- Ishtar glanced at the trio.

"Now ... I do not think I have anything else to add, though if you have questions I will answer such to the best of my ability."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 03-29-2018 at 11:37 PM. Reason: It required some TLC.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    As they approached their ultimate destination, Charco fished out his communicator and selected his ever trusty music app. Slipping the device back into the safety of his pockets, the teen stuffed his ear buds in as his usual battle ritual went.

The first song began, as did the chaotic first blows of battle. Facing about, he parried Zaofan's jab with his elbow, yet before he could bother to counter attack, Chou made his attempt to seize the other and fling him forth.

Leaping into the air, Charco attempted a drop kick on the (possibly) airborne Zaofan, returning him to Chou's loving embrace.
    The kick landing square on his chest, Zaofan was sent flying back. But with his head arched back, he could see that he was headed straight for Chou.

"Let's...do...the...twist...!"

As Zaofan flew towards Chou, he turned his body into a barrel roll to position himself, locking one arm over and under Chou's shoulder, and another arm wrapped around his neck. Using the momentum generated by Charco, Zaofan sent Chou spinning away, a trick taught by none other than Chef Brutus.

With Chou in the air for at least a few seconds, and just barely a split second after his foot touched the ground, Zaofan took a mighty leap straight forward, rocketing back towards Charco, unleashing a dozen strikes at the young man. REKAN GEKI!
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-29-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He would find them easily enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah swept her gaze across the room. More of Fife's machinations sprang to mind, but there was no proof. Evangeline had more experience than Asha'rah in this area. There hadn't been any statues in this room when she birthed Avalon, no guardian spirits. Evangeline had actually lived on this lookout for some time, and communed with more of the spirits than just Arthur.

She felt a broad, underlying sense of wrath light within her, and she took a figurative breath to re-center herself even as she used her aura to probe for traces of the spirits. Answers first.

"Arthur disappeared without finishing his sentence. He's gone, and the spirits are retreating. I know not why."
    Trailing the Guardian Evangeline as he descended further into the Lookout complex below the West Wing, his awareness was greeted with a familiar presence in Asha'rah. The Mechanical Bhikkhuni's call came in the midst of the training and it was enough to stir Kami's reaction.

As the two convened, Ochazuke cast his gaze around the room. There was a resplendent energy, the same that ate at Evangeline from within, that permeated about the place, making a hallowed shrine of the ostensibly silent chamber. Immesurable potency of spirit seemed to ebb from it, but there was something more, the boiling energy there within Asha'rah's frame.

Arthur. The one who turned the tide in days long past.

This talk of ancient things and convening with spiritual incarnations was beyond him, but sensing the aura searching for something within the room, he would quietly assist if he could. Extending the field of his own energy, Ochazuke silently bore witness through the energy interactions, seeking through his waking meditation the state of things there in the shrine to the fallen Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar said nothing to Meagan at first, and simply wandered off on still shaky legs to collect what sticks and twigs could be found in the caldera.

As she gathered together a small bundle, the Oni considered the apology the Chromakian offered. Her intentions had been simple, to assist in overcoming what had been perceived as a fear of uncertainty; and had simply used the word in an attempt to understand its meaning. Ultimately, this had been a ... misunderstanding. How was she to know the word was in a language so long dead it was all but forgotten ? What is more, how was Ishtar herself to know that a second utterance would complete the circle and give rise to the energies she had suppressed for so long ?

No one of us could have known; though now we do ... a start perhaps.

The Oni's thoughts turned towards that of Meagan's goal, then; her arms nearly full already with the sticks she sought to start a fire.

So ... had an understanding been reached ?

No, the word, or perhaps a name ? had not been learned. Though to say no information had been gleaned was false. The moment Ishtar had felt that dark energy bubble over from its resting place, she had known: it was an invocation. More likely then, that it was a name ... Perhaps even a spell. Yet one in a language known only by two. And in that understanding came a reaffirmation.

The Oni would need to read the grimoire left by her former mentor.

Though in the end there was a bright side.

Unlike the previous occurrence- in Mr. Pantaloon's Gravity Chamber- she had not lost a measure of control over her own actions. The energy had been summoned, and she had willed it into shape before discharging it into the peak of the mountain that was no more. A silver-lining, though one that came at a cost.

Ishtar's task was completed swiftly after her contemplation reached its end, and returning to Meagan, the Oni nodded and offered a small smile.

"There is no need to apologize, Meagan. It was not for you or I to know what would come of speaking the word again." Offering a shrug then, the bundle of sticks shifting her arms, Ishtar then said:

"I will explain what I can as I start a fire for us. I would simply request such information remain between us four."

As Ishtar busied herself with the fire, Nunlil took a seat near her cousin and appraised the three women for a few moments.

What the pink Oni had seen was ... encouraging. She had not expected in the least the struggle the offered, and while some of it was owed to their increasing power levels, a larger part of it had been the teamwork displayed; and not only that. Each had played to their strengths rather well, using their talents as a means of distracting or setting up the time necessary to afford another to act. The way Ishtar had waded in to trade blows, while Meagan assaulted from behind to buy time for Sarada's Galick Gun standing out as a defining moment.

As to the matter of shoring up their weaknesses ? It was a simple thing as well, based of what had been seen and would be handled as soon as the feeling in the Oni's extremities returned.

The only real issue was determining the order in which they would be trained.

"Hmm ..."

In the meantime however, Nunlil would listen to what it was Ishtar had to say about the energy she had felt. It had been ... unsettling, to say the least. Though unlike those with a perversion of their natural energy, or those with twisted/corrupt Ki, this had simply felt of a singular purpose.

"I did do that," Ishtar responded.

And with her task finished, the Oni watched the sticks burst into flame with but a tiny application of her own inner fire; before stepping back to sit between Nunlil and Sarada. The biggest question on her mind for the moment, was how best to explain.

"It is the ... problem I mentioned, when we spoke about learning your Galick Gun." Ishtar finally stated, deciding to approach it from a point of understanding. "I am a ... being of balance. You have seen the half of me .. the other half is the cause of what was done to that missing peak. It is a side of myself that has been dormant for some time ... though the events of the past days have begun the process of waking it- and to a greater extent me- up." Some of this had been discussed with Sarada the day before, after their spar, though for Meagan, and Nunlil; such information was new.

"In any case, the word that was used by Meagan, in an attempt to recall the training that was done before we began this training; seemingly called that energy to the fore. Had I not channeled it, it would have discharged of its own accord to devastating effect .... yet thanks to the training offered by Meagan in the generation of energy projectiles, I was able to prevent such an outcome rather easily." Ishtar glanced at Meagan than, and offered the Chromakian a small smile before sighing. "At the cost of the summit of the nearby mountain."

Somewhat pensive- a rather noticeable shift form her normal impassive or suggestive manner- Ishtar glanced at the trio.

"Now ... I do not think I have anything else to add, though if you have questions I will answer such to the best of my ability."
    Sitting by the fire, listening to Isthar talk, she flashed back on Chou attacking them several days ago. When Isthar finished speaking, she gave her a smile shake of her head, "The learning process is for you in this, though I welcome you sharing it with us."

"It is good that you were able to control this power, even if it was at the expense of the nearby mountain." Meagan glanced up at the mountain range for moment, before continuing, "When you first displayed it, I'll admit I was worried that this was a manifestation of a power that could control you more than you could control it. I'm glad to find out my fear was misplaced."
    Last edited by Tami; 03-30-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Trailing the Guardian Evangeline as he descended further into the Lookout complex below the West Wing, his awareness was greeted with a familiar presence in Asha'rah. The Mechanical Bhikkhuni's call came in the midst of the training and it was enough to stir Kami's reaction.

As the two convened, Ochazuke cast his gaze around the room. There was a resplendent energy, the same that ate at Evangeline from within, that permeated about the place, making a hallowed shrine of the ostensibly silent chamber. Immesurable potency of spirit seemed to ebb from it, but there was something more, the boiling energy there within Asha'rah's frame.

This talk of ancient things and convening with spiritual incarnations was beyond him, but sensing the aura searching for something within the room, he would quietly assist if he could. Extending the field of his own energy, Ochazuke silently bore witness through the energy interactions, seeking through his waking meditation the state of things there in the shrine to the fallen Guardians.
    He senses what Eva said. The spirits seem...afraid.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Chou was sent spinning and flew in the air. Soon his hands stretch. Fingers rake the flor, shredding tiles stopped the flight. As he then pulls himself to the ground.

He then looks at the situation. Deciding to butt in. As hen then grapple hands the ceiling. Pulls himself up as he then drops down from above, fist being huge crashing down to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The kick landing square on his chest, Zaofan was sent flying back. But with his head arched back, he could see that he was headed straight for Chou.

"Let's...do...the...twist...!"

As Zaofan flew towards Chou, he turned his body into a barrel roll to position himself, locking one arm over and under Chou's shoulder, and another arm wrapped around his neck. Using the momentum generated by Charco, Zaofan sent Chou spinning away, a trick taught by none other than Chef Brutus.

With Chou in the air for at least a few seconds, and just barely a split second after his foot touched the ground, Zaofan took a mighty leap straight forward, rocketing back towards Charco, unleashing a dozen strikes at the young man. REKAN GEKI!
    Not good...

Charco could already feel that the limiters he usually placed on himself were hampering him as he struggled to defend himself against Zaofan's barrage of strikes. The strengths of their auras were roughly the same, which meant that he might have to dip into his more hazardous tactics.

He grunted in pain as one of Zaofan's punches caught him in the jaw, pushing him back a few feet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Chou was sent spinning and flew in the air. Soon his hands stretch. Fingers rake the flor, shredding tiles stopped the flight. As he then pulls himself to the ground.

He then looks at the situation. Deciding to butt in. As hen then grapple hands the ceiling. Pulls himself up as he then drops down from above, fist being huge crashing down to them.
    His senses alerted him, prompting him to glance up to see the descending Chou. In response, he drew back one of his hands, balled into a fist at waist level before launching an upper cut up at the fellow's downward fist, Charco's chi enhancing it into an Ankylo Strike that could pulverize a normal human's skull with ease. Whether or not it could do the same to Chou's fist would have to be seen.

Evangeline closes her eyes and begins concentrating. A few moments pass before she opens them, confusion on her face.

“They will not speak. Their duty to judge a new Kami will still occur, but beyond that something....has scared them. They will not speak. Arthur, however.....he is gone. I cannot sense him.”
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Ochazuke joined them, his resplendent muscles covered in a sheen of sweat. He must have been training when he heard the commotion. Asha'rah nodded to him in greeting as Evangeline explained the silence of the guardian spirits.

Cowards. Asha'rah shook her head, clearing her head of darker thoughts. Courage was a prerequisite for the position of Guardian. What would make former Kamis cower in fear like whipped dogs? It was as if Arthur's last words came back in an echo.

"Before he disappeared, Arthur spoke to me of a being he fought. One he died fighting, one who had killed Kamis from other worlds as well. He had just informed me of the Heaven's failure to appoint a replacement God of Destruction when he was interrupted."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 03-30-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sitting by the fire, listening to Isthar talk, she flashed back on Chou attacking them several days ago. When Isthar finished speaking, she gave her a smile shake of her head, "The learning process is for you in this, though I welcome you sharing it with us."

"It is good that you were able to control this power, even if it was at the expense of the nearby mountain." Meagan glanced up at the mountain range for moment, before continuing, "When you first displayed it, I'll admit I was worried that this was a manifestation of a power that could control you more than you could control it. I'm glad to find out my fear was misplaced."
    "The concern you saw, was not for the energy or even the ability, Meagan." Ishtar replied.

"I spoke a word that I have never once heard before. In a language that is so old, it is only known by two yet living. That is of some concern ... Though, I should thank you." The Oni said then, before looking to Meagan.

"I know now that the word is an invocation of some kind, and one that gives rise to that side of myself. Which is more than I knew before. That it can seemingly be controlled and direct is also a ... I think it is said" silver-lining"?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "The concern you saw, was not for the energy or even the ability, Meagan." Ishtar replied.

"I spoke a word that I have never once heard before. In a language that is so old, it is only known by two yet living. That is of some concern ... Though, I should thank you." The Oni said then, before looking to Meagan.

"I know now that the word is an invocation of some kind, and one that gives rise to that side of myself. Which is more than I knew before. That it can seemingly be controlled and direct is also a ... I think it is said" silver-lining"?"
    "Staying in control, no matter what the power is, that is always a silver lining. One you should be proud of."

"After what happened to Chou, I have wondered how many of those in our group might lose control of themselves. I still know so little about everyone." Meagan then glanced at Sarada, "The Sayian transformation is almost legendary to those who's people have interacted with them before. Still, there are others in our group that I am concerned about."
    Last edited by Tami; 03-30-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ochazuke joined them, his resplendent muscles covered in a sheen of sweat. He must have been training when he heard the commotion. Asha'rah nodded to him in greeting as Evangeline explained the silence of the guardian spirits.

Cowards. Asha'rah shook her head, clearing her head of darker thoughts. Courage was a prerequisite for the position of Guardian. What would make former Kamis cower in fear like whipped dogs? It was as if Arthur's last words came back in an echo.

"Before he disappeared, Arthur spoke to me of a being he fought. One he died fighting, one who had killed Kamis from other worlds as well. He had just informed me of the Heaven's failure to appoint a replacement God of Destruction when he was interrupted."
    Evangeline nods.

“Meagan informed me that the guardian of her planet vanished suddenly. So suddenly she did not even apppoint a new Kami. I got a report of a Kami going missing from Yadrat as well. All with the same point: they went into space looking for something and never came back. Arthur too. This.....does not bode well.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Finally! Books on magic! There were a ton of them. All Sasheem had to do was look....and knock every bookshelf over. The Majin, having found his quarry, placed the huge pile of magic books in a corner of the room, separate from the veritable sea of books, notes, scrolls, and pages that now covered nost of the floor. He also found another book that said what sounds the animals made, 'cause he liked those.

Beginning to rsearch through the magical book, he decided to look for anything that involved breaking curses and seals...though he heard noise nearby faintly...which had begun to irritate him, he did not regard that as a problem for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Not good...

Charco could already feel that the limiters he usually placed on himself were hampering him as he struggled to defend himself against Zaofan's barrage of strikes. The strengths of their auras were roughly the same, which meant that he might have to dip into his more hazardous tactics.

He grunted in pain as one of Zaofan's punches caught him in the jaw, pushing him back a few feet.

His senses alerted him, prompting him to glance up to see the descending Chou. In response, he drew back one of his hands, balled into a fist at waist level before launching an upper cut up at the fellow's downward fist, Charco's chi enhancing it into an Ankylo Strike that could pulverize a normal human's skull with ease. Whether or not it could do the same to Chou's fist would have to be seen.
    Seeing both Chou's giant fist and Charco's Ankylo Strike charging up, Zaofan leaped back 10 feet, a defensive measure to guard against the inevitable clash of hostile energies.

Evangeline closes her eyes and begins concentrating. A few moments pass before she opens them, confusion on her face.

“They will not speak. Their duty to judge a new Kami will still occur, but beyond that something....has scared them. They will not speak. Arthur, however.....he is gone. I cannot sense him.”
    Evangeline nods.

“Meagan informed me that the guardian of her planet vanished suddenly. So suddenly she did not even apppoint a new Kami. I got a report of a Kami going missing from Yadrat as well. All with the same point: they went into space looking for something and never came back. Arthur too. This.....does not bode well.”
    Asha'rah tapped her knee with a single metal finger once, twice, three times. She looked to the statues honoring each guardian, her gaze boring into each of them.

"On my travels, I met many who searched for the meaning of life. They felt that they had to have been put on this Earth for a purpose, that there was some greater meaning beyond their existence. They would not find it. Others were convinced they had found the singular, universal meaning of life and had made it their principal wanted to save the unenlightened from their listlessness. They had found stagnancy."

She allowed her feet to touch the tiles, slowly pacing around the room's perimeter. Each sound was softened by her levitation, belying her great weight.

"None of you were meant to be guardians. None of you were meant to be heroes, or to be blessed, or to be born. Through a combination of luck and hardwork, support and sacrifice, you became worthy of the role of Kami. I created the soil upon which you were born, the sky under which you breathed. If any destiny is set in stone, it is beyond even my reckoning. There is no inherent meaning to your life. You seized that for yourselves, for there is one unshakable principle upon which I made this universe - all things strive."

A sigh escaped Asha'rah's voicebox as she shook her head.

"I do not know the danger you face, nor am I likely to until you speak with me. You have all done great service to this world in life. No one has any right to demand more of you. If it is safety you seek, move on to the afterlife and be at peace."

Asha'rah stopped with her back to Arthur's statue, a firm strength rising in her tone as she spoke.

"But do not cower like frightened pups and pretend to be worthy of judging another's fitness to be the next Kami. If the fate of the Earth still means something to you, if your honor as guardians still means something to you, then find a way to show us what we need to know."

With that, she began to walk out. Perhaps it would be today, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps never. But right now she had no time to run down this rabbit hole. Dealing with Fife would have to come first.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 03-30-2018 at 02:54 PM.