Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I will gladly walk into a store and buy this outright just to make sure I support our guy! Is there any talk of him joining a book after this one shot appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She's still a Black American, or are you saying that Black Americans who spent their childhood in Africa don't count as Black Americans? Certainly she's had a different life experience from most, but you can't not count her at all.

Anyways, I'm happy Ev is back, I started reading the comics just before the Gen X crew were introduced, so they are my ground level crew and I've missed him terribly. So glad Hickman brought him back and will now personally handle his reintroduction proper in the main book.

That said, as a teenager/young adult(I don't know how that works, given the resurrection), Ev's bald look was a bit strange to me. It's one thing for someone more mature to embrace the bald look, but I can't recall a single young guy who willfully shaved bald like that 24/7. I wouldn't mind Ev exploring other looks.
    Um where were you for the late 90's ? At least over here on the east coast there were plenty of brothas that had bald heads.

She's still a Black American, or are you saying that Black Americans who spent their childhood in Africa don't count as Black Americans? Certainly she's had a different life experience from most, but you can't not count her at all.
    No one’s saying that. What I was alluding to was the Black American experience not literally being an American by birthright. You don’t experience what Black Americans contend with if you’re growing up in a country in another continent.

As far as his powers go, it was always intimated in Gen X that he might be able to keep the powers his aura synched with even outside of the presence of his target(for example, he kept Sabretooth's muscular mass for weeks after they were together in Phalanx Covenant), and that he had the potential to be the most powerful mutant alive. Now that he lives on Krakoa with most of the mutants of earth, he should have had the opportunity to synch up with most if not all of them(including Krakoa itself), making him the ultimate mutant with all mutant powers. Giving him X23 and Darwin's powers in this story is a nice start, but I want it all for my boy!

#rainbowpower #tastetherainbow
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Um where were you for the late 90's ? At least over here on the east coast there were plenty of brothas that had bald heads.
    Maybe up north they were doing that, but I never saw it in Virginia, Georgia, or California. Michael Jordan did the bald look back in the day(because he was actually going bald for real), but that's about it.

BANNED

I don't think I'd care for a Synch that's all powerful and has every ability. It's just too much and not interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No one’s saying that. What I was alluding to was the Black American experience not literally being an American by birthright. You don’t experience what Black Americans contend with if you’re growing up in a country in another continent.
    Well, you don't experience what Black Americans contend with being dead for 20 years either, so, at this point they are kinda even-steven.

Well, you don't experience what Black Americans contend with being dead for 20 years either, so, at this point they are kinda even-steven.
    Fair, but I don’t think it changed too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's what I'm saying! Pairing Synch and Laura, much less with Darwin as well, that's some superpower-ness Everett's gonna be running around with. Ev, we don't want you to die ever again. Take Laura with you at all times.
    if i were him, i'd avoid popping the claws.

what i said was that simply being born in Harlem isn't the same as growing up in Harlem. what's hard to understand about that? my parents are from the South. that doesn't make me from the South. i wouldn't consider myself a southerner if i had been born down there but raised in the Midwest.

That panel brings back so many memories. The excitement of new mutants debuting.

"He only knows he's different. And, what's more, he enjoys it".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Im interested in seeing how Hickman distinguishes him from Hope. One thing that Ev has going for him is a pretty distinct and iconic power signature, which Hope does not. Hickman really should expand upon him as a mutant tracker and if he does, he'd be perfect for the proposed team that's tasked to verify if a mutant is dead or alive. Maybe thats the mission he is on with Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Fair, but I don’t think it changed too much.
    they didn't even attempt to deescalate the situation. and chances are, someone besides Everett is going to be harmed if they start unloading.

This is most good.

Would the OP mind adding a small recap on Synch’s history to the first post, for our friendlies that are unfamiliar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    This is most good.

Would the OP mind adding a small recap on Synch’s history to the first post, for our friendlies that are unfamiliar?
    Good idea. OP, I found this one to be pretty good.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Evere...as_(Earth-616)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!