Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Well, Rosenberg did assemble a group of rarely used X-Men under Cyke, how did that turn out? It was a flop in terms of sales.

*sigh* What's with Larroca's fascination with photorealistic faces over the last few years? They look really weird and ruined my enjoyment of his art quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Well, Rosenberg did assemble a group of rarely used X-Men under Cyke, how did that turn out? It was a flop in terms of sales.

It wasnt a flop, retailers were pretty happy with Rosenberg on the Uncanny book. I don't doubt Hickman sales are closer to Rosenberg than people would like to admit

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well Beak was like that in New Mutants until Armor & Glob caused mutant haters to show up at their home destroy it put their kids at gunpoint I think get his parents murdered then creepy French Children brainwashed him & his family into being Krakoa Stans so they moved to the island.
    Yikes
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-17-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    He's the sun? [Sigh] I can't keep up with all this. This franchise is too damn big. Is this how '80s X-Men fans felt in the '90s?

Maybe I was just hoping that he wasn't on board with Krakoa because the whole thing still seems weird and suspect to me. Having at least a few mutants who are like "I'm fine not moving to your magic island" would make it seem a little more believable.
    That's the case of Mikhail Rasputin (russian before mutant) and Molly Hayes (happy with her true family)
    Also Abigail Brand, for whom mutants and humans are all the same earthers.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I don't know why it's such a terrible thing to have an X-Men team trying to make the original dream work. Krakoa is still right there.

During the Decimation Era Scott was constantly vilified for "turning his back on Xavier's dream", despite the context actually justifying such an approach and the fact that he never actually did stop trying to protect humans and mutants alike. So why is it now not only not good for the X-Men to want the dream but it's actively bad? This ain't a dichotomy, just because the X-Men would be helping everyone with the goal of coexistence wouldn't make them servants or victims.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It would be hillarious if the book about what appears to be humans pretending to be X-Men remembers what the X-Men were like more than the actual X-titles up till now.
    That's a terrible book as far as I can tell.

I think you're correct about the X-Men though, despite what others might say.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don't know why it's such a terrible thing to have an X-Men team trying to make the original dream work. Krakoa is still right there.

During the Decimation Era Scott was constantly vilified for "turning his back on Xavier's dream", despite the context actually justifying such an approach and the fact that he never actually did stop trying to protect humans and mutants alike. So why is it now not only not good for the X-Men to want the dream but it's actively bad? This ain't a dichotomy, just because the X-Men would be helping everyone with the goal of coexistence wouldn't make them servants or victims.
    Don't you know, the X-Mens code of ideals up till Hickman took over were actually awful and none of it counts. If you disagree you're a bigot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It wasnt a flop, retailers were pretty happy with Rosenberg on the Uncanny book. I don't doubt Hickman sales are closer to Rosenberg than people would like to admit

Yikes
    This explains a lot. Shops also have the power to sink a book with what they decide to order as well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I've said it before but Rosenberg's X-Men was at least the kind of bad everyone can enjoy making fun of, Hickman's X-Men is just mediocre.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Don't you know, the X-Mens code of ideals up till Hickman took over were actually awful and none of it counts. If you disagree you're a bigot!
    I refuse to accept that.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

All along the X-Men, with those awful toxic ideas of coexistence and peace, were just waiting for a genius savant like Hickman to come along and introduce the thing the X-Men really needed: becoming Nationalists.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This explains a lot. Shops also have the power to sink a book with what they decide to order as well.
    If there isn't sales they have to cut orders unless publisher offers discount or returnability

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I've said it before but Rosenberg's X-Men was at least the kind of bad everyone can enjoy making fun of, Hickman's X-Men is just mediocre.
    Rosenberg job was make x-men so depressing that we would cherish for any relaunch of the direction of the line. That worked very well
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-17-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    If there isn't sales they have to cut orders unless publisher offers discount or returnability
    But on new books they have to place the order on what they think will sell and if they have the same mindset as some on this forum, not that hard to bury a book.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Can't wait to read scotts profiles on what he thinks of each team member.

I hope they surprise us with 2-3 more members.

I wanted a SWORD size cast for the new X-Men team.

Le sigh.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Can't wait to read scotts profiles on what he thinks of each team member.

I hope they surprise us with 2-3 more members.

I wanted a SWORD size cast for the new X-Men team.

Le sigh.
    I wonder if Jean and Scott are surprised at all by who was voted for. It would also be interesting to see who else was nominated for the positions.

As for the extra members. Cable seems to be the popular guess for the time being. Beyond that, it might be weird if the leadership were to add members without voting. Maybe runners up will be considered?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

True but they can just pretend they were voted runner ups.