Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Default She-Ra - Live Action Series being developed by Amazon

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/504...e-ra-tv-series

I am curious as to how this will go and who they cast in the lead role....
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 09-13-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I'm also curious how much of this will take from the newer cartoon or try to do its own thing, because to a newer audience the former is now their She-Ra even with its differences to the original.

"However, the report notes that this will not be an adaptation of the last She-Ra cartoon. Instead, it “will be a new, standalone story and will not be connected to the animated show.”"

So, there's that. I also guessed before even clicking on it, and was proven correct when I did, that:

"One element that seems likely to remain the same between the cartoon and the new series is a removal of He-Man from She-Ra’s backstory."

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm also curious how much of this will take from the newer cartoon or try to do its own thing, because to a newer audience the former is now their She-Ra even with its differences to the original.
    That's true of me, even though I'm old enough to remember the original. The Netflix version is one of my favorite animated series ever. If they ever do more seasons of that, I'm there.

This live action show demonstrates that with a million streaming services all needing content, they are throwing too much stuff at the wall. I don't think we need multiple canons of the same property competing against each other at the same time.

Live action? Curious how it'll look then. Feels like a property that is visually hard to translate outside of animation.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    This live action show demonstrates that with a million streaming services all needing content, they are throwing too much stuff at the wall. I don't think we need multiple canons of the same property competing against each other at the same time.
    "We" don't "need" anything regarding any entertainment franchise or property. This thing about "need" always seems misplaced in these discussions to me.
    Also, they're not competing. Netflix won't risk losing out on money by having two versions of this property - not like on traditional television when they might've aired at the same time on different networks. People can watch either of them or both of them, people who don't watch cartoons might give the live action version a chance - others who might not usually give a show like this a chance because they're curious how it'll differ from the cartoon.

Whatever happened to that He-Man live-action movie?

Whatever happened to that He-Man live-action movie?
    Is this a joke/crack of the 80s movie, or was there news of a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is this a joke/crack of the 80s movie, or was there news of a new one?
    Last I checked they were making a new one.

Last I checked they were making a new one.
    Must've missed the announcement then. Could be interesting.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Must've missed the announcement then. Could be interesting.
    It made the rounds when Netflix announced their masters of the universe projects. They are heavily invested in the IP

Really? They'll probably do it in Xenia style.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It made the rounds when Netflix announced their masters of the universe projects. They are heavily invested in the IP
    Nothing wrong with that - Netflix is great, but if it wants to compete in the future with HBO Max and Disney+ they need IP. This might not be as big as a Star Wars or a Marvel, but He-Man and She-Ra are still something that can help them compete on the classic IP front, which is the biggest front of the streaming wars now.

Rumor has it that she is going to die in the first ten minutes and then the series is going to be about Bow.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Rumor has it that she is going to die in the first ten minutes and then the series is going to be about Bow.
    And the crowd that complained about the new He-Man series will be cool with that because those pesky females shouldn't be getting the spotlight over male characters.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans