Mighty Member

Default Comic Sales Numbers

Hello,

found this
    http://yetanothercomicsblog.blogspot...s-january.html

and I would like to know if this is right...

It doesnt have the ACTUAL numbers inside, BUT I was quite that SUPERMAN,ACTION COMICS,FLASH and especially WONDER WOMAN are so low...
    Wonder Woman is from around 37.000 to 55.000, but it looks that she is more around the 30 something...

Its quite surprising for me..

That shows the comparative sales per issue.
    They go up or down depending on how hyped retailers are on buying them.

The last lines of each (01/19) is the most recent issues listed.
    Almost every title goes down in sales each month as they get further along in life. This is normal.
    Unless a new artist or writer comes aboard, or there's a crossover or event, which can give a temporary boost and then start declining again.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    That shows the comparative sales per issue.
    They go up or down depending on how hyped retailers are on buying them.

The last lines of each (01/19) is the most recent issues listed.
    Almost every title goes down in sales each month as they get further along in life. This is normal.
    Unless a new artist or writer comes aboard, or there's a crossover or event, which can give a temporary boost and then start declining again.

Yes I understood that, BUT I was thinking about Wonder Woman as a BIG STAR and I mean this doesnt give me the impression of it...

I mean CATWOMAN for example seems to sell more...and Aquaman,Red Hood,Teen Titans,Titans....are also behind...

I mean Young Justice is from 71.000 to 31.000 (last Issue) what I heard, but its still very good....

Does someone has a more recently Overview?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Yes I understood that, BUT I was thinking about Wonder Woman as a BIG STAR and I mean this doesnt give me the impression of it...

I mean CATWOMAN for example seems to sell more...and Aquaman,Red Hood,Teen Titans,Titans....are also behind...

I mean Young Justice is from 71.000 to 31.000 (last Issue) what I heard, but its still very good....

ComicChron post the most recent figures of Diamonds sales estimates each month.

Mighty Member

http://yetanothercomicsblog.blogspot...les-march.html

This is more recently...It was a big drop from YJ1 to YJ2 but it still performs good if you think that even Green Arrow,Wonder Woman,Aquaman,Martian Manhunter,Teen Titans,Titans are often below or at the same level...

http://yetanothercomicsblog.blogspot...les-march.html

This is more recently...It was a big drop from YJ1 to YJ2 but it still performs good if you think that even Green Arrow,Wonder Woman,Aquaman,Martian Manhunter,Teen Titans,Titans are often below or at the same level...
    Pretty much every series suffers a huge drop-off between the first and second issue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Pretty much every series suffers a huge drop-off between the first and second issue.
    Yes I know, but what surprised me is that they are on Aquaman,Wonder Woman,Teen Titans,Titans,Super Sons,Martian Manhunter....etc. level...
    Catwoman also performs well...

I thougt at least Wonder Woman would sell MUCH more than them,because she was always declared as big name..

Yes I know, but what surprised me is that they are on Aquaman,Wonder Woman,Teen Titans,Titans,Super Sons,Martian Manhunter....etc. level...
    Catwoman also performs well...

I thougt at least Wonder Woman would sell MUCH more than them,because she was always declared as big name..
    Yeah, but she hasn't had an important run in a while. Rucka's was the last one that got any buzz.
    G. Willow Wilson is usually a great writer, but her run is kind of meh right now and it's plagued by VERY inconsistent art.

These days, comic book issues and their sales really aren't important compared to licensing / merchandising, collected editions, the use of the characters in other books (like children's books), movies/TV/video games, breakfast cereal, etc.

Ultimate Member

Being a so-called big star does NOT mean a thing in all reality.

Because you always have to question ACCESS to said products.

Remember the comic book store is not the ONLY place you can get comics.

It's easier and CHEAPER for me to sit and WAIT on a lot of books because they end up in bins or used book stores faster than others. If I was to go to Half Price books right now-I bet I can find a new DC book that just came out at half or LOWER the price there.

Also you got stores that don't care WHO You are-they don't want your book in the store. A comment mainly aimed at POC lead books but also the likes of WW. In some case it's a lack of interest in the title, racist & sexist reasons and in others a refusal to buy variants of said book.

Also you have folks who will trade wait for cheaper reasons and access. WW. Titans, Aquaman & Red Hood are books that you are not going have trouble finding in book stores like Barnes & Nobles. They have guaranteed shelf space. Catwoman should as well. Same with public libraries.

Also Catwoman has certain variant artist on her book and like SUpergirl before her-that boosts up orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, but she hasn't had an important run in a while. Rucka's was the last one that got any buzz.
    G. Willow Wilson is usually a great writer, but her run is kind of meh right now and it's plagued by VERY inconsistent art.
    And as popular as Ms. Marvel is, her solo book under Wilson gradually became less and less of a strong seller.

Catwoman has hard Artgerm variants for most of it's run. That adds somewhere like 10k--12k sales per issue. Supergirl jumped almost 10k orders the month it had an Artgerm variant recently. He's super hot with collectors. That's why her book was selling so well. Similar to Immortal Hulk, it was the speculator's dream for a while and is cooling off now that the print run has exploded.