Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Ooops, missed those other pages. Yeah my vote is for Melody too.

Love how the perspective on the cover is in the form of the Legion logo.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Retired

I preferred the move toward relaxed fit clothing. I feel like the best way to do futuristic clothing is to not try to make it look futuristic and instead use some style from the past. Also, I always liked that Brainiac 5 wore very basic clothing--nothing too fancy, because his mind wasn't on fashion, just science. Your essential Einstein character, who doesn't waste brain power on choosing an ensemble.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The baseless guessing is strong with you. The power feels good doesn't it? Join me. Search you feelings, you know this is where you belong...

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Fantastic Member

Am excited. Only concern is the sales. I really love Bendis' DC gig so far, but he is sort of overexposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The baseless guessing is strong with you. The power feels good doesn't it? Join me. Search you feelings, you know this is where you belong...

I'm more an Old Republic Sith, with red excoissances and all, sorry !

Still, except in the Kamandi pages, the woman always has some red in her hair. That's probably the same adapting to each era.

I’ve been waiting for an easy way into the Legion since really getting into Superman and then Bendis drops this in my lap. Hell yes!

If this is Melody, does this mean her role in Action Comics is functionally finished? Or will we read about her present day life in Action Comics while Millennium and Legion features her future life?

Quote Originally Posted by Bendis
    This is actually a unique experience of a character experiencing an entire millennium. The audience is going to experience it with them, and there really was no other word for it.
    Please be Lar Gand, please be Lar Gand, please be Lar Gand...
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I’ve been waiting for an easy way into the Legion since really getting into Superman and then Bendis drops this in my lap. Hell yes!

If this is Melody, does this mean her role in Action Comics is functionally finished? Or will we read about her present day life in Action Comics while Millennium and Legion features her future life?

same, glad this will be a reboot honestly. Though I wonder how this works with doomsday clock.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    same, glad this will be a reboot honestly
    I see no other way they could have done it. I’m sure some people are gonna raise a stink over not just picking up with the Johnsboot, but considering everything that’s happened in the DCU that would be impossible.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Rokk? I thought it was Brin after falling on hard times. I like him a lot so that's disappointing.

Everyone else looks great so far.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I see no other way they could have done it. I’m sure some people are gonna raise a stink over not just picking up with the Johnsboot, but considering everything that’s happened in the DCU that would be impossible.
    Well, I did have a lot of gas this morning and was really stinking up the joint, if I'm honest.

I have no interest in seeing the Legion start all over from the beginning again. The thing that made them interesting was all the past history they had. Somehow we could jump in the middle of their timeline and follow them just fine--reading the past stories as we found them--and it all worked okay. I'm sure a lot of people had read the Levitz and Giffen Legion before knowing anything about the past stories.

One doesn't have to regurgitate everything that happened before. But I'd like events to begin at a convenient jumping on point. And just assume that a lot of the stories from the past sixty years happened in some form or another. That's actually the approach with Superman, Batman and Green Lantern--not all of the past might be the same, but we just assume that something like that has happened already and now we're in the middle of their story.

BANNED

is Jon going to go to the legion like people have been saying?

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    I imagine he’ll go back and forth like his dad used to.

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    Probably, my main question is wasn't Saturn Girl in Arkham Asylum...

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Probably, my main question is wasn't Saturn Girl in Arkham Asylum...
    I thought she escaped in Doomsday Clock along with Johnny Thunder and Rorschach? Of course, that was like, ten years ago the book comes out so slowly so I could be remembering wrong.

Anyway, I'm still worried about Bendis taking on too much. Give the guy one-three books to focus on and he's usually solid but the more you make him write the more I worry. And at this point, even with (the incredible) Naomi on break I worry that the quality across all his books is going to start to slide.

However!!! This is not the time for fear! This is the time for celebration! The Legion lives! Long live the Legion!

I don't do twitter, but I wish I could thank Bendis for the last year. I had hope he'd find his second wind with DC and he has not disappointed. He's given me a great Superman, Young Justice, Naomi, Event Leviathan......I've actually really liked everything he's done at DC so far. And now I get the Legion? Presumably with the classic ties to Superman back in place? I want to shake the guy's hand and tell him I totally forgive him for his X-Men and GotG!

I'm really digging everything I'm hearing about this; from the thousand-year walk to the future (gotta be Moore; I'm with you guys on that) to the huge cast and a troubled universe experiencing a new Heroic Age........a whole lot of this is very close to how I would approach a Legion revamp myself (though I'd be leaning into the sci-fi more than superheroics).

My only real gripe, and it's still pretty minor.....are the re-designs. It's not that they're bad or anything, they're just.....they don't look like they're from the future. They look like something any Leaguer or Titan could be wearing today. One of my big issues with the Legion is that it rarely feels like it takes place in the future, but just in another part of space. The technology and social norms are far too close to what we already see from modern heroes (I dont care about Great Disasters holding development back, when the issue in my hands doesn't feel futuristic the GD doesn't help justify anything). And the new costumes....they're fine (I'm even cool with Cosmic Boy's; that's some OG call-backs to his first appearance.....though I wish they had kept the bubble helmet) but they don't say "future" to me, they say "today."

But the Legion is returning, at long last.....along with the JSA. And the DCU feels just that much more right and correct for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.