Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I'm not sure Namor and T'Challa belong on this list. They certainly control more money than anyone on this list except each other, but it is not clear how much is their personal fortune. T'Challa in particular has had to subsist on as little as a school teachers salary during periods when he was deposed. So saying that they are rich is a bit like saying the President owns the US budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I also don't think including T'Challa, Namor, and Doom as billionaires make sense. They are heads of states of nations. And Forbes' lists ranking heads of states on personal wealth of heads-of-state has always been iffy (not to mention politicized). If we talk of personal wealth we mean something specific.
    Namor started Oracle Inc. when everyone believed he was dead with a treasure chest of gold and jewels. Besides whatever personal wealth, or the wealth of his kingdom, he has access to any shipwreck or sunken treasure or rare earth metals that are underwater. The guy definitely belongs on the list, as someone with almost limitless wealth.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Namor started Oracle Inc. when everyone believed he was dead with a treasure chest of gold and jewels. Besides whatever personal wealth, or the wealth of his kingdom, he has access to any shipwreck or sunken treasure or rare earth metals that are underwater. The guy definitely belongs on the list, as someone with almost limitless wealth.
    Actual estimates of wealth need some kind of hard data. "Almost limitless wealth" just doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Actual estimates of wealth need some kind of hard data. "Almost limitless wealth" just doesn't cut it.
    Okay, I estimate Namor has access to centillions worth of wealth.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I didn't realize the Braddock family had a history as conquistadors.

I suppose it is very archetypal British of them.
    No family history of being conquistadors in the Braddock family. Meggan grabbed the gold when she and Brian were on a time travel jaunt, and this was long before she married Brian.

Okay, I estimate Namor has access to centillions worth of wealth.
    I would like to add T'Challa and Doom to the centillionaires list

If we go there, I'm sure Diablo and Molecule Man are centillonaires too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mighty Member

I'm stretching it here, but Dracula is a nobleman of great wealth. Adjusted for inflation, I say the count is quite rich.

Then again, we don't know how inflation rate is in the Marvel Universe.

According to Metro this is from there website

Professor Charles Xavier — $3.5 billion

X-Men fans became privy to Charles Xavier's wealth back in September 2002's New X-Men #129, when the villainous Fantomex tried to extort Professor X for $3.5 billion. The prof has had plenty of opportunities to acquire more money, though: His ability to read minds means he could easily learn about insider trading or just steal PIN numbers. However, because he's busy leading the X-Men, you can understand why his attention has instead been focused on his Mutants and Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters.

Tony Stark — $12.4 billion

Although Bruce Wayne/Batman is still slightly more renowned than Tony Stark/Iron Man (despite Robert Downey Jr. raising his popularity tenfold over the last decade), it turns out the Marvel superhero actually has more coinage. Stark Industries actually brings in less revenue than Wayne Enterprises, though, as its turnover is a paltry $20.3 billion. Which suggests that Bruce Wayne is spending much more of his money on being Batman than Tony Stark is on being Iron Man.

T'Challa — $90.7 billion

Now that's a shocker for the books. There's a very good reason why T'Challa/Black Panther is so wealthy, though: Vibranium. Wakanda, which T'Challa is the king of, is the home to pretty much all of the world's Vibranium, the super-strong metal that Captain America's shield is made out of. Vibranium costs $10,000 per gram, and Wakanda has 10,000 tons of it. This means that T'Challa actually has more money than is on planet Earth. No wonder he's such a prime target for villains.

My two cents-
    Also T’Challa is a king/monarch who essentially has unilateral reign of the country unlike modern day countries. To a degree you can count the wealth as his own. Not sure about Doom or Namor. I imagine Namor is the same but does Atlantis even participate in world trade? I’m sure they have countless priceless artifacts so his net worth could be in the billions, but I don’t know if he has a billion in liquid currency
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'm stretching it here, but Dracula is a nobleman of great wealth. Adjusted for inflation, I say the count is quite rich.

Then again, we don't know how inflation rate is in the Marvel Universe.
    In CB & MI:13 Dracula had a base on the moon. Now that's money!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    According to Metro this is from there website

Professor Charles Xavier — $3.5 billion

X-Men fans became privy to Charles Xavier's wealth back in September 2002's New X-Men #129, when the villainous Fantomex tried to extort Professor X for $3.5 billion. The prof has had plenty of opportunities to acquire more money, though: His ability to read minds means he could easily learn about insider trading or just steal PIN numbers. However, because he's busy leading the X-Men, you can understand why his attention has instead been focused on his Mutants and Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters.

Tony Stark — $12.4 billion

Although Bruce Wayne/Batman is still slightly more renowned than Tony Stark/Iron Man (despite Robert Downey Jr. raising his popularity tenfold over the last decade), it turns out the Marvel superhero actually has more coinage. Stark Industries actually brings in less revenue than Wayne Enterprises, though, as its turnover is a paltry $20.3 billion. Which suggests that Bruce Wayne is spending much more of his money on being Batman than Tony Stark is on being Iron Man.

T'Challa — $90.7 billion

Now that's a shocker for the books. There's a very good reason why T'Challa/Black Panther is so wealthy, though: Vibranium. Wakanda, which T'Challa is the king of, is the home to pretty much all of the world's Vibranium, the super-strong metal that Captain America's shield is made out of. Vibranium costs $10,000 per gram, and Wakanda has 10,000 tons of it. This means that T'Challa actually has more money than is on planet Earth. No wonder he's such a prime target for villains.

My two cents-
    Also T’Challa is a king/monarch who essentially has unilateral reign of the country unlike modern day countries. To a degree you can count the wealth as his own. Not sure about Doom or Namor. I imagine Namor is the same but does Atlantis even participate in world trade? I’m sure they have countless priceless artifacts so his net worth could be in the billions, but I don’t know if he has a billion in liquid currency
    Eh, irrc, didn't he have to live on a school-teacher's salary after being deposed? He certainly controls at least billions, and probably trillions, of dollars as ruler, but he doesn't seem to be the sort to funnel his people's money into his personal coffers. T'Challa is not Trump or Putin: rulership isn't an excuse to put his people's money in his own pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would like to add T'Challa and Doom to the centillionaires list
    But of course. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    If we go there, I'm sure Diablo and Molecule Man are centillonaires too.
    Hmmm. With that kind of wealth, why are those guys even villains?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Eh, irrc, didn't he have to live on a school-teacher's salary after being deposed? He certainly controls at least billions, and probably trillions, of dollars as ruler, but he doesn't seem to be the sort to funnel his people's money into his personal coffers. T'Challa is not Trump or Putin: rulership isn't an excuse to put his people's money in his own pockets.
    He was keeping an alter-ego and he wasn't deposed.

It wouldn't make any sense to live a lavish lifestyle if you're trying to keep a low profile.

Hmmm. With that kind of wealth, why are those guys even villains?
    Not enough Likes on Facebook?

there's always more to fit the story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    In real life, there's the elite of the elite, the billionaires. They may live desirable lives, but I think it's safe to say they're not nearly as interesting as their comic book counterparts, as they don't have cool superpowers, futuristic tech, nor do they use their fortunes to fight bad guys, supervillains and world-ending entities.

But here, just who are the billionaires of Marvel?

To name some:

Tony Stark
    Reed Richards
    Charles Xavier
    Helmut Zemo
    Norman Osborn
    Emma Frost
    Danny Rand
    Namor
    Bobby da Costa
    Wilson Fisk
    Victor Von Doom
    T'Challa

Anyone else of note?
    Osborn is a billionaire? I thought him and Sebastian Shaw were multi millionaire industrialists.