Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Warsong bit was Paks, the Weapon XIV bit was mentioned in Here Comes Tommorrow. And the Emma clones thing was from his notes. It's why he named them Cuckoos, as Cuckoo birds lay their eggs in another birds nest. You could probably contact Pak and ask him if you wanted.
    They're called the Stepford Cuckoos because they're an amalgamation of The Stepford Wives and The Midwich Cuckoos (better known to movie goers as Village Of The Damned).
    Weapons XIII, XIV, and XV in New X-Men were created in The World, where Sublime was playing with relative time to speed up natural evolution and create the better Mutant-killer; so while there may be Emma Frost and/or Steve Rogers DNA in the Cuckoos, it would be many, many generations back.

Well, originally. God only knows what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They're called the Stepford Cuckoos because they're an amalgamation of The Stepford Wives and The Midwich Cuckoos (better known to movie goers as Village Of The Damned).
    Weapons XIII, XIV, and XV in New X-Men were created in The World, where Sublime was playing with relative time to speed up natural evolution and create the better Mutant-killer; so while there may be Emma Frost and/or Steve Rogers DNA in the Cuckoos, it would be many, many generations back.
    I know that, but there was a second reason why he named them Cuckoos, because Morrison intended for them to be planted there by Sublime. It was his idea not Paks.

Secondly, the Cuckoos have been cited to be 2 years old in Messiah Complex artifically aged to 14. So what the World did was age them to 14.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Speaking of Sublime... Funny how despite all his past actions he still found himself falling for a Mutant when he saw how amazing Rachel is. Good thing Rachel ended that before they ever got physical and Rachel acknowledges that Sublime is a villain and he killed her mother.

BANNED

Xavier said in the last issue that he did read their minds and did see that they had a problem with mutants.
    He did say that, I forgot because I paged through the issue in-store. But my point still stands, a lot of people were afraid of mutants (not necessarily hateful towards them, but afraid, and fear leads to hate, leads to suffering Etc. Etc.). It was a long time ago, some point during the 05's days when Magneto was the big bad.

when did one of them become a Jean Grey lookalike?

BANNED

I know that, but there was a second reason why he named them Cuckoos, because Morrison intended for them to be planted there by Sublime. It was his idea not Paks.
    Of course they're planted. How else would they have gotten there? I mean, that's explicit there in the text in New X-Men. Doesn't mean they're baby-Emmas.

Secondly, the Cuckoos have been cited to be 2 years old in Messiah Complex artifically aged to 14. So what the World did was age them to 14.
    That'd be a retcon made by something who didn't understand what The World was, years after the original stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When she died her hair, I reckon...

Hang on, isn't Jean a redhead?

Out of curiosity. In what issue was it stated that the Cuckoos were made from Steve Rogers and Emma Frost?

Was it Warsong?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

It was never stated, their father is unknown but Bendis apparently will address that.

Uncanny X-Men, Phoebe decided to dye her hair red after Mindeed dyed hers black. Phoebe is also a huge Jean fan.

BANNED

Of course they're planted. How else would they have gotten there? I mean, that's explicit there in the text in New X-Men. Doesn't mean they're baby-Emmas.
    Did you not read the 5 part mini which detailed how Emma was kidnapped and raped for her lifetime supply of ovum and then quietly returned to her point of origin without anyone, including Emma herself being none the wiser?

That'd be a retcon made by something who didn't understand what The World was, years after the original stories.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-08-2014 at 04:04 PM.

When she died her hair, I reckon...

Hang on, isn't Jean a redhead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    It was never stated, their father is unknown but Bendis apparently will address that.

Uncanny X-Men, Phoebe decided to dye her hair red after Mindeed dyed hers black. Phoebe is also a huge Jean fan.
    Okay, so when did that happen?

BANNED

Okay, so when did that happen?

Recently...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

I always thought they were Emma's clones.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I always thought they were Emma's clones.
    they are sort of. The way I took it is, there is no father. Sublime took her overies and grew them as test tube babies in the world complex as weapon XIV
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    they are sort of. The way I took it is, there is no father. Sublime took her overies and grew them as test tube babies in the world complex as weapon XIV
    Yu mean Steve Rogers "canonically", is not the Cuckoo's sperm donor?!?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-08-2014 at 04:48 PM.