Page 577 of 782 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "If you would accept it, I would lend you my assistance in that endeavor, princess," came the voice of Nevanlinna, who had joined the 'away' group. She'd had nothing to say that the others hadn't pre-empted her with, so she had remained silent and in the background. This, however...

"Even if she can withstand one of our efforts, I very much doubt she could contend with the both of us bringing our anti-sorcery measures to bear."
    Nevanlinna offered her assistance. A welcome addition to her efforts in neutralizing whatever spells Etrina had already erected, as well as those that she planned on casting should a battle take place. "I gladly accept your assistance. Between the two of us, magic shouldn't pose anything of a problem for the others."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Alt-Ochazuke nods.

“The wards the mages put to keep her there should be easy to by-pass, but anti-sorcery will come in handy past that. None of us left have such a skill.”
    "Then, it's settled. Nevanlinna and I will handle her magic. The rest of your should be able to handle the rest." This was spoken mostly to those that came with her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“He usually swings by every few months. He’s stationed a ways away, near GP HQ.”
    "I see...glad to know that's still intact," Blizzar noted. If that was the case then, there was a chance he'd miss out on meeting his counterpart...which suited him completely fine. It would be an interesting meeting of the minds, of course, but it was he wouldn't exactly go out of his way to meet himself from an alternate timeline. Still he had to wonder, with all that has been going on this version of Earth...

Alt Ochazuke nods and takes off north, Ika and Garnish quickly following.
    Following the other, Blizzar sped up to the sisters. "Regarding the current state of Earth...once the quarantine was lifted, has there been any effort by the GP to provide assitance?" He inquired as they flew.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I see...glad to know that's still intact," Blizzar noted. If that was the case then, there was a chance he'd miss out on meeting his counterpart...which suited him completely fine. It would be an interesting meeting of the minds, of course, but it was he wouldn't exactly go out of his way to meet himself from an alternate timeline. Still he had to wonder, with all that has been going on this version of Earth...

Following the other, Blizzar sped up to the sisters. "Regarding the current state of Earth...once the quarantine was lifted, has there been any effort by the GP to provide assitance?" He inquired as they flew.
    “Somewhat. They are somewhat busy with the aftermath of the Saiyan-Tuffle war.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Flying behind them, "How long have they been gone?" Dash asked.
    “Right at two weeks. Garnish transformed the night after they left.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ika grins.

“You’re the best! Mom occasionally has to.....have words....with you but otherwise you rock. You work hard, you play and train with us, and you do your best.”

Garnish nods.

“Yeah, Uncle Totoma is great. His weird half super saiyan form is pretty cool too, though I can’t wait to see his face when I transform in front of him.”
    Totoma sighed in relief, then returned Ika's grin. He noted, with... a certain amount of pride, that her grin was something she'd inherited from him. Well, actually, for only being a quarter saiyan, she was remarkably saiyan-like. Of course, the Ika--or rather, Evangeline--of his timeline would probably be different from this one.

"Heh, I'm glad. And yeah, Karine... definitely acts as my, hm... well, she's lots of things to me. A voice of reason, a lifeline, partner..." He trailed off for a moment and then said, with a slight bit of embarrassment: "...if I were a poet, I'd say she's my heart, but, uh, yeah. I'd ask if she's a good mother, but I already know the answer to that, one-hundred per cent."

What Garnish had said was interesting... some sort of half-super saiyan form? It was a bit disappointing that, after twenty years, his alternate timeline counterpart still hadn't achieved the real thing, but if he had to guess as to why that was...

Hitozaru, probably. Maybe one of the differences in this timeline is that his mother hadn't confirmed Hitozaru's drawbacks until much later and he'd simply become overly reliant on it. Against most things, it was more than enough--overkill, really--and... well, it was something his mother developed, and the form itself was so damn cool!

Like, super saiyan was cool and all, but Hitozaru was just so... primal and distinct.

"Half-super saiyan, huh? That I'd like to see! Buuut if I'm still here when he gets back, I'll let you have a go with him, since he's definitely going to want to test how much you've grown," said Totoma. "I do remember doing something like that when I was a kid... but ever since I learned hitozaru, it didn't occur to me to try to draw it out."

Another pause. "...gonna guess that this timeline's Toto was the same way. Relied on Hitozaru until the drawbacks became apparent, then scrambled to figure out how to do that quasi-super saiyan thing, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Nevanlinna offered her assistance. A welcome addition to her efforts in neutralizing whatever spells Etrina had already erected, as well as those that she planned on casting should a battle take place. "I gladly accept your assistance. Between the two of us, magic shouldn't pose anything of a problem for the others."

"Then, it's settled. Nevanlinna and I will handle her magic. The rest of your should be able to handle the rest." This was spoken mostly to those that came with her.
    Nevanlinna smiled. "Excellent. I look forward to working with you."

Her more amicable stance towards saiyans these days had... broadened the list of Saiyans she was willing to interact with on such terms, but she still rather liked Parsley, despite only minimal interactions. Perhaps because the Saiyan princess reminded her of... herself? That was possible, as they were much alike.

Prodigies, with heaps of expectations placed upon them... exiled, either literally or metaphorically from their people, and trying to make amends for past wrongs. Though from what she knew of the Saiyan princess, the weight of her sins far outstripped her own, but... at the same time, Nevanlinna realized that Parsley had, in a way, been a victim herself. Of culture, to be precise.

Another similarity.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Totoma sighed in relief, then returned Ika's grin. He noted, with... a certain amount of pride, that her grin was something she'd inherited from him. Well, actually, for only being a quarter saiyan, she was remarkably saiyan-like. Of course, the Ika--or rather, Evangeline--of his timeline would probably be different from this one.

"Heh, I'm glad. And yeah, Karine... definitely acts as my, hm... well, she's lots of things to me. A voice of reason, a lifeline, partner..." He trailed off for a moment and then said, with a slight bit of embarrassment: "...if I were a poet, I'd say she's my heart, but, uh, yeah. I'd ask if she's a good mother, but I already know the answer to that, one-hundred per cent."

What Garnish had said was interesting... some sort of half-super saiyan form? It was a bit disappointing that, after twenty years, his alternate timeline counterpart still hadn't achieved the real thing, but if he had to guess as to why that was...

Hitozaru, probably. Maybe one of the differences in this timeline is that his mother hadn't confirmed Hitozaru's drawbacks until much later and he'd simply become overly reliant on it. Against most things, it was more than enough--overkill, really--and... well, it was something his mother developed, and the form itself was so damn cool!

Like, super saiyan was cool and all, but Hitozaru was just so... primal and distinct.

"Half-super saiyan, huh? That I'd like to see! Buuut if I'm still here when he gets back, I'll let you have a go with him, since he's definitely going to want to test how much you've grown," said Totoma. "I do remember doing something like that when I was a kid... but ever since I learned hitozaru, it didn't occur to me to try to draw it out."

Another pause. "...gonna guess that this timeline's Toto was the same way. Relied on Hitozaru until the drawbacks became apparent, then scrambled to figure out how to do that quasi-super saiyan thing, right?"

Nevanlinna smiled. "Excellent. I look forward to working with you."

Her more amicable stance towards saiyans these days had... broadened the list of Saiyans she was willing to interact with on such terms, but she still rather liked Parsley, despite only minimal interactions. Perhaps because the Saiyan princess reminded her of... herself? That was possible, as they were much alike.

Prodigies, with heaps of expectations placed upon them... exiled, either literally or metaphorically from their people, and trying to make amends for past wrongs. Though from what she knew of the Saiyan princess, the weight of her sins far outstripped her own, but... at the same time, Nevanlinna realized that Parsley had, in a way, been a victim herself. Of culture, to be precise.

Another similarity.
    Ika nods.

“Yeah, grandmother figured out the drawbacks only a few years ago. Ever since then Dad has been trying to find a way to power up without it, but his ki pathways are damaged. The half super saiyan thing works.....but he’s kind of bummed that that’s all he’s been able to achieve up to now.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ika nods.

“Yeah, grandmother figured out the drawbacks only a few years ago. Ever since then Dad has been trying to find a way to power up without it, but his ki pathways are damaged. The half super saiyan thing works.....but he’s kind of bummed that that’s all he’s been able to achieve up to now.”
    "Afraid of that. But, I can understand why he's bummed. Part of it is just... wanting to push his limits, I would guess, but when it comes down to it, he probably just wants to achieve it so he can better protect his family. Especially after all that's happened on this world," said Totoma. "So being screwed over by something unforeseen like that...."

He trailed off, since they'd know their father--him--well enough to know how he'd feel about that. "On the plus side, once you guys have the dragon balls back, you'll be able to fix that issue, among others."

Another pause. "So, uh... if you don't mind me asking... why are you named Ika? I mean, it's a perfectly fine name, just that... I was planning on naming my firstborn daughter Evangeline. It's a more nosferatu-y name, I think."

Maybe the Evangeline of this timeline had been named Ika? Could be, but that was why he was asking.

"Afraid of that. But, I can understand why he's bummed. Part of it is just... wanting to push his limits, I would guess, but when it comes down to it, he probably just wants to achieve it so he can better protect his family. Especially after all that's happened on this world," said Totoma. "So being screwed over by something unforeseen like that...."

He trailed off, since they'd know their father--him--well enough to know how he'd feel about that. "On the plus side, once you guys have the dragon balls back, you'll be able to fix that issue, among others."

Another pause. "So, uh... if you don't mind me asking... why are you named Ika? I mean, it's a perfectly fine name, just that... I was planning on naming my firstborn daughter Evangeline. It's a more nosferatu-y name, I think."

Maybe the Evangeline of this timeline had been named Ika? Could be, but that was why he was asking.
    Ika looks beyond embarrassed. Garnish grins.

“Uncle Held used to tell us that Ika was the name of a popular holo-program when he grew up, featuring a magical girl unicorn and her adventures. He made a bet with you just before Ika was born. If he won he got to name your daughter, and if you won you got to name his spear and his new ship. You lost.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“Uncle Held used to tell us that Ika was the name of a popular holo-program when he grew up, featuring a magical girl unicorn and her adventures. He made a bet with you just before Ika was born. If he won he got to name your daughter, and if you won you got to name his spear and his new ship. You lost.”
    Sarada heard this and laughed. He probably bet that Held could get laid in a week. Hahaha.

Oh.

"Hey, where's Asha'rah?" she asked the girls.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Totoma's immediate response was a 'pffft'. Yeah, something like that sounded like him, and as a man of his word, he had to follow through. Though...

"Heh, I bet your mother chewed me out for that one--she's quite fond of the name Evangeline," said Totoma, through a snicker. But, as said, Ika wasn't a bad name. In fact... wait, it was a show? He...

Oh. Ohhhh. "Oh, that show. Pretty Unicorn Soldier Ika. I know it..." Totoma paused. "...uhh, by hearsay. Yeah... hearsay." That was a lie... he had the complete series boxset back home. Male, female... a hero was a hero, regardless! Karine knew, of course, and she thought it was 'cute' that he liked such a show, but it wasn't something he went advertising.

"One more question. Is, uh, your grandmother still kickin? Well, grandmothers... and grandfathers? The main reason Karine and I haven't gotten started on our family in my timeline is because our search for her father keeps getting interrupted."

Karine, understandably, wanted Aiden to be able to meet his grandchildren, so... yeah. Never mind the personal benefits for Karine herself. How could he deny her? It was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash followed, for once in her life she was in no hurry so she stayed towards the back of the group. Meagan would know how to handle this situation, heck, even Cyanna stood a better chance against magic. As she flew north, she wondered if her being there was worth it. If there was anything she could actually do.

Then she suddenly stopped flying, hovering in mid-air, and slapped herself hard in the face, hard enough to leave a red mark. Speaking her thoughts out loud, "Dammit, Dash. Pull yourself together. You ain't no child anymore, so start acting like it." With that she flew faster, fast enough to catch up with the others, "Damn if I'm gonna get all weak in the knees over a little magic."
    “Right at two weeks. Garnish transformed the night after they left.”

Praxat sees Dash as she's heading north saying " okay so we met this Timeline's Ochazuke." " still wonder when we're going to possibly run into my counterpart in this timeline?" " I been thinking about this Saiyan-Tuffle war." " in our timeline my race Toadians were once allied with the Tuffles."

" what if it was the same for this timeline?" " it could be possible that here Toadians were still allied with the Tuffles." " my counterpart in this timeline could be a bad person anything's possible." Praxat responds to Ika comment saying " so your two's mother and your two's uncle Totoma have been gone for 2 weeks got it."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-06-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The blow sent Parsley tumbling to the floor. The cool tiles were a relief to her weary soul. She would have loved nothing more than to just lay there and go to sleep. But, every time she closed her eyes, Appel was there. That same self-satisfied smirk and those terrible eyes dripping with foul, visceral hatred were tattooed on her brain for the rest of her life. Her eyes shot open. "..."

Ishtar was right, even if she didn't want to admit it. All the sleep aids in the world wouldn't help get rid of Appel's face appearing every time she closed her eyes.

"Her name is Appel."

She turned over and sat down, drawing her knees up into her chest. "She wasn't the one who captured me, but everything they did to me was at her command." A shuddering breath escaped her. She could hear the taunts, the insults, the derisive laughter. All of it with crystal-clear clarity, as if she was right there all over again. "She treated me like I was some kind of animal. Kept me chained to the wall in this little room they converted into a cell. They never fed me, never let me bathe or use the restroom. I barely had anything to drink, maybe a glass once every few days. The indignity they forced me to suffer was bad enough; but I'd take that a million times if it meant I would never have to suffer through the pain she put me through.

"She injected me with these serums three separate times. I don't know what two of them did, but the last one was the reason I don't have a tail anymore. It felt like... my entire body had been set on fire. Like, each cell comprising my makeup was individually dipped in lava. I don't know how I didn't die then. I guess I was holding out for someone to find me.

"In the end, no one came."

It was a brief recounting. There was too much that had happened those two weeks for her to remember right then. Perhaps when she was better rested, she could recall more; as it was right then, she was lucky she remembered that much.

After she finished, she stayed silent for a very long time. Then, after a few minutes, she lifted her head and looked Ishtar in the eye. "Have you ever taken your final breath?" After a moment to let that sudden question sink in, she continued. "I figure if someone hasn't died, that moment would be the most terrifying. But no, it isn't. It's the moment right before that. That moment when you finally realize that you're going to die, when you're strength finally fades. You feel cold, and so tired. So... so tired. You want to close your eyes and rest, but you know for an absolute certainty that you won't wake up again.

"A part of you is okay with that. The suffering will end. The pain will cease. The strife and struggle to survive will be over. And for once, you will finally know peace. Then, there's the other part, the primal instinctual part that wants to scratch and claw and will do anything to take another breath. That's the part that's terrified the most in that penultimate moment."

She looked up into the night sky, and beheld the splendor of the twinkling stars speckled across the pitch black canvas. "I guess that's why I don't sleep. Because the last time I did, I didn't wake up."
    After Parsley picked herself up from where the blow to the chest had dumped her; the answer Ishtar waited for was quick to come. And it was a name that the Oni was at least familiar with:

Appel.

The Tuffle scientist behind the experimentation and torture that had resulted in Parsley's death ... and yet a woman who had no memory whatsoever who who had given her the means to do so. That curiosity aside -- for how did a woman forget who supplied her the tools to kill millions in the blink of an eye, in between seconds through normal means ? -- it made sense that she stood as the source of Parsley's fear, and the brief explanation of events that followed certainly emphasized why. Treated as little more than a beast, she had been rendered helpless and had then been subjected to torture, humiliation, and experimentation that had ultimately resulted in the loss of her tail. Something traumatic enough for anyone who had come up in a world where pride, and one's own strength determined their station; and yet for Parsley ... it had come at a time when she was already struggling.

So to have what happened, added on top of it ? Really ... Appel had stripped Parsley of everything that had made her a Saiyan ... and only after that, did Parsley finally give in and die.

The question Parsley asked -- before expounding upon herself -- however, gave Ishtar pause.

Had she ever taken her final breath ?

A good question.

Ishtar had learned what it was to die the first time, with Sekhmet, the Khosian's death rattle echoing through her even now, with enough intensity to cause an involuntary tensing up. And yet ... while the pain of it had been as real as if it had been done to Ishtar herself, along with all the thoughts and emotions that came with it ... that final breath was not her own. No her own, had come first, after Battersea had fallen. Ishtar killed herself that time, her organs failing after they -- and the rest of her -- had been burnt to little more than ashes. The second time, however, was slightly different. Her body lasting just long enough to put an end to Nergal, before she succumbed to the injuries she sustained. Each time however, that final breath had brought with it peace ... and an acceptance mixed with regret. It was not until after, at least the second time, that her scramble for survival began.

So in the end, Ishtar had. Though the manner of Parsley's end was ... in many ways, so foreign. That did not mean however, she couldn't emphasize.

"... I understand, Parsley. So for what it is worth, and should you wish it ... I will offer you what help I can." Ishtar replied finally, before relaxing slightly and continuing."That said, what you are going through is ... not something that will be overcome easily. For now though, at least; getting you some sleep is perhaps the most important thing to be done. We have an important task but a few days away, and as you are now ..." the Oni trailed off and sighed.

"It is not likely to end well.

"So ... I have a few suggestions in that regard if you would care to hear them."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 01-05-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Totoma's immediate response was a 'pffft'. Yeah, something like that sounded like him, and as a man of his word, he had to follow through. Though...

"Heh, I bet your mother chewed me out for that one--she's quite fond of the name Evangeline," said Totoma, through a snicker. But, as said, Ika wasn't a bad name. In fact... wait, it was a show? He...

Oh. Ohhhh. "Oh, that show. Pretty Unicorn Soldier Ika. I know it..." Totoma paused. "...uhh, by hearsay. Yeah... hearsay." That was a lie... he had the complete series boxset back home. Male, female... a hero was a hero, regardless! Karine knew, of course, and she thought it was 'cute' that he liked such a show, but it wasn't something he went advertising.

"One more question. Is, uh, your grandmother still kickin? Well, grandmothers... and grandfathers? The main reason Karine and I haven't gotten started on our family in my timeline is because our search for her father keeps getting interrupted."

Karine, understandably, wanted Aiden to be able to meet his grandchildren, so... yeah. Never mind the personal benefits for Karine herself. How could he deny her? It was impossible.
    Ika nods.

“Yeah, grandma Tasure is still around. The others.....sorry, no. No dragon balls. But dad and mom decided to not wait anymore. Anyways, both said they were going to see if when Slak becomes guardian if he couldn’t revive the dragon balls.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sarada heard this and laughed. He probably bet that Held could get laid in a week. Hahaha.

Oh.

"Hey, where's Asha'rah?" she asked the girls.

“Oh, she’s off planet with Uncle Held right now. Hunting down a guy named Shimmer.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ishtar, as you await at the Lookout, you suddenly look around and see someone approaching Zurvan.

It’s President Grinthorn.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM