Default Favorite Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane Story

Which Superman/Clark Kent and Lois Lane story and pairing have you liked the most so far?

It's a lot to choose from from live action and animation. Lois and Superman are as iconic as it gets when it comes to couples. I really liked Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, especially in Man of Steel. I really loved the way Amy's Lois believed and supported Henry's Supes. And I loved that Lois also took part in the action to help defeat the enemy. She was brave and very smart. I loved that this pairing was modern and mature.

I also like other versions a lot, like Clark and Lois from both Superman: Doomsday and The Death of Superman.

782eb72f6d02e319d93ec4e499f21e1f--superman-cavill-henry-superman.jpg
    Last edited by stargazer01; 11-29-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Which Superman/Clark Kent and Lois Lane story and pairing have you liked the most so far?

It's a lot to choose from from live action and animation. Lois and Superman are as iconic as it gets when it comes to couples. I really liked Henry Cavill and Amy Adams, especially in Man of Steel. I really loved the way Amy's Lois believed and supported Henry's Supes. And I loved that Lois also took part in the action to help defeat the enemy. She was brave and very smart. I loved that this pairing was modern and mature.

I also like other versions a lot, like Clark and Lois from both Superman: Doomsday and The Death of Superman.

782eb72f6d02e319d93ec4e499f21e1f--superman-cavill-henry-superman.jpg
    Man of Steel is my favorite Clark/Lois story too, because it goes on to reconstruct their relationship instead of just taking it for granted. Not only is Lois aware of Clark's secret from the beginning, she even inspires him, albeit indirectly, to become Superman.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

MoS/BvS, easily. Man of Steel was an actually drastic change in their dynamic, it completely threw off love triangle, allowed Lois figure out Clark's secret entirely on her own and she gets him so much right away and all way forward. Lois inspires Superman be Superman by allowing him to have love in his life, something simple and grounded, something human.

In BvS my favorite scene is when Lois asks Clark if it's even possible for them to have this relationship, because it might stop him from being Superman to his full potential. It's like Zack Snyder is mocking DC Comics and media who have tendency to talk shit in regards of superheroes having non-superhero love interests, as if like it's boring or something else. Clark gently takes a flower and extends it to Lois and then they have passionate love making, indicating that Lois shouldn't feel or think like that, because being in love with her is what helps him be Superman. I like how Jonathan makes a parallel of his relationship with Martha to Clark's with Lois, that was so beautiful and amazing.

Astonishing Member

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The 2013 movie is probably the most succinct story between them. Aside from that though I tend to prefer the character work found in the Time and Time Again/Intergang/For Earth streak, the beginning of the dating and the broken engagement had its moments. Man of Steel #40 and #111 are two of my favorite stories about Lois in the world of Superman.

It would be nice if somehow the Mr. and Mrs. Superman stories were collected.

Man, there's so many options......

I definitely love the MoS/BvS dynamic; it was interesting seeing them without the secret identity being in the way. Lois & Clark had a good dynamic too. Hell, most of the cartoons and live action stuff has nailed it.

But honestly? I think my fall time favorite moment ever was a ten minute segment in an episode of Smallville, of all things. Clark travels a few years into his own future, and runs into future Lois and future Clark at the Planet. Future L&C have their sh*t locked down, and when young Clark arrives they're just like "That was today? Wow, I forgot! Okay new kid, this is what you're gonna do because this is what we remember happening, get to it!" It was a great scene that was very entertaining, and finally getting a taste of "Superman" from that show was cathartic as hell.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But honestly? I think my fall time favorite moment ever was a ten minute segment in an episode of Smallville, of all things. Clark travels a few years into his own future, and runs into future Lois and future Clark at the Planet. Future L&C have their sh*t locked down, and when young Clark arrives they're just like "That was today? Wow, I forgot! Okay new kid, this is what you're gonna do because this is what we remember happening, get to it!" It was a great scene that was very entertaining, and finally getting a taste of "Superman" from that show was cathartic as hell.
    This is one of my favorites as well. Such a great sequence. There's some good stuff in the Smallville Season 11 comic as well. And Season 10 was pretty great with the Lois & Clark interaction in general. I think Tom Welling and Erica Durrance had great chemistry.

Man of Steel's take on the dynamic is actually my favorite thing about those movies. I think the way they incorporated Lois into the creation of the Superman identity and having her in on the secret was fantastic. When they eventually reboot the comics again that should be incorporated in my opinion.

As far as comic runs, Greg Rucka's Adventures of Superman run has a great handle on the Lois & Clark dynamic. The way it allows them both to do their own thing and that tied into each others stories was excellent. Lois investigating her own shooting and the way Clark supported her going over there in the first place was well done. It also incorporated a nice nod to the Lois & Wonder Woman friendship that I think was well done and showed the strength of the Lois & Clark relationship.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-29-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I have to echo MOS/BvS as being my favorite Lois and Clark story of the last decade. The last season or two of Smallville had it's moments as well. Erica is my favorite Lois Lane so that's a big part of it.

The late 80s to the mid 90s are the golden era for Lois and Clark in the comics. I feel that once the triangle teams left the books that slowly but surely the creators that followed just stopped trying to write them as a couple and started to spend most of their time trying to either undermine them or reverse their status quo back to the old preCrisis triangle for two. It really has been recently (as in 2016) that there has been an attempt to not overtly undermine them, but the powers that be still have a long way to go to consistently attain the overall quality of how they were written in the triangle team era.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member

Man of Steel for favorite "find the truth about Superman and Clark is the same person" Lois is a Pulitzer award winning investigate journalist.. like come on.
    For romantic Lois and Clark, my pick would be Lois and Clark The New Adventure of Superman. their chemistry just on fireee. I know the CGI and storyline can bit silly for today's standard but I love watching them on screen together. They are the most beautiful pair of Lois and Clark on screen IMO.
    Actually I'll watch/read anything and everything of this pairing lol
    Last edited by cookies; 11-29-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Man, there's so many options......

I definitely love the MoS/BvS dynamic; it was interesting seeing them without the secret identity being in the way. Lois & Clark had a good dynamic too. Hell, most of the cartoons and live action stuff has nailed it.

The episode that was from was "Homecoming". Probably my favorite episode of the series. Erica and Tom Welling proved they could pull classic Lois and Clark off effortlessly. I liked the finale they generally gave us but if that episode was the last one instead I would have been ok

One thing I've found interesting. All of us so far have picked the stories and takes that either dismantled the old triangle for two stuff or did away with it all together. Don't get me wrong that dynamic is a pretty large part of Superman's past legacy, and those stories are charming and of their time in the same way planet juggling and super pets are, but like those stories the triangle of two stuff is probably best left in the past and it seems most of us agree, yet the people in charge spent over a decade trying to roll the characters back to that old status quo. Then spent a few years attempting to completely abandon any hint of a Supernan/Clark and Lois Lane relationship,friendship or otherwise.Kinda shows how tone-deaf the people in charge of Superman are/were.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 11-30-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Obviously MoS/BvS for the modern stuff, but here's a dark horse pick for favorite story: "Tempus, Anyone?" from the Lois & Clark tv show. Lois is kidnapped & taken to an alternate universe. Clark is there, but engaged to Lana Lang. His parents were killed in a car crash when he was young, and he spent time in foster homes. He has his powers, of course, but Lana doesn't let him use them. To save the day, Lois has to convince this Clark to become Superman, and she even makes his costume for him. The special effects are bad, but it has some great characterization of the two. Good stuff.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The episode that was from was "Homecoming". Probably my favorite episode of the series. Erica and Tom Welling proved they could pull classic Lois and Clark off effortlessly. I liked the finale they generally gave us but if that episode was the last one instead I would have been ok
    Totally agreed, that was an incredible episode. I actually thought the last season or two were pretty damn good. Once Clark got to Metropolis and the show became "Superman without the costume" I started enjoying it again in a way I didn't in the post-high school seasons.

One thing I've found interesting. All of us so far have picked the stories and takes that either dismantled the old triangle for two stuff or did away with it all together. Don't get me wrong that dynamic is a pretty large part of Superman's past legacy, and those stories are charming and of their time in the same way planet juggling and super pets are, but like those stories the triangle of two stuff is probably best left in the past and it seems most of us agree, yet the people in charge spent over a decade trying to roll the characters back to that old status quo. Then spent a few years attempting to completely abandon any hint of a Supernan/Clark and Lois Lane relationship,friendship or otherwise.Kinda shows how tone-deaf the people in charge of Superman are/were.
    Huh, that's a good observation. Yeah, it does seem like most of us are over the triangle for two. I mean, I figure most of us love it within a particular context. Give us a flashback issue and we'll be happy to see it. But generally, yeah......maybe we are past that phase now, as a fandom.

Of course, I've thought DC's administration was tone-deaf for years.....either that, or their bosses at WB are tone-deaf......someone, somewhere, in the chain of command keeps making stupid decisions anyway. I don't know who it is or what their position is, but I feel like they should give me their job.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.