Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I feel like it's just heavy denial to assume she won't be Power Girl. Strongly doubt they're going to change her name when they have no reason to.
    It's crow for dinner for you tonight. Tanya is now called Powerhouse.
    https://www.cbr.com/tim-sheridan-fut...zam-interview/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's crow for dinner for you tonight. Tanya is now called Powerhouse.
    https://www.cbr.com/tim-sheridan-fut...zam-interview/
    Crow rarely tastes this good! Gladly.

Powerhouse is a pretty solid name, I might add.

It *is* a good name, one of those "so good and obvious how has nobody thought to use it yet?" good! Like, I'm almost jealous that Karen isn't using the name herself. And I suppose I might have to steal a bite of that crow from you, because I believed the PG name would be shared too (assuming either character actually got used again!)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

So it’s finally resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It *is* a good name, one of those "so good and obvious how has nobody thought to use it yet?" good! Like, I'm almost jealous that Karen isn't using the name herself. And I suppose I might have to steal a bite of that crow from you, because I believed the PG name would be shared too (assuming either character actually got used again!)
    There's more than enough and my god it's crispy and succulent.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, that'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    There's a reason nobody thought to use it previously - three Marvel characters have used the name. The first was a Nova villain, the second was Alex Power of the Power Pack, when he joined the New Warriors, who has since reverted to his original name Zero-G. The third and current one is Franklin Richards, of the Fantastic Four, who was once called Tattletale as the fifth member of Power Pack but hadn't had a codename for years until the current FF series started.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-18-2021 at 05:59 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There's more than enough and my god it's crispy and succulent.
    Being wrong never tasted so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's a reason nobody thought to use it previously - three Marvel characters have used the name.
    Oh, well that explains it!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

All-New Member

Hello fellow Pee Gee fans. Long time lurker here!

Stumbled on this Youtube video and thought I would share with you guys. Seems like a brief history on Power Girl with some comic books and collected editions shown. Never knew there was that All Star Comics: Only Legends Live Forever hardcover release. I might have to pick that up.

Cheers!

Any news? Any at all?

Karen showed up at the end of Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey this week but she mostly was there to bring Harley to the ending scene. The last moment of the book felt like goodbye from Jimmy and Amanda so it felt appropriate PG would be there.

Otherwise, no, that's the last scheduled appearance of Power Girl in DC Comics that we're aware of.

Wonder Girl starring Yara Flor launches in May so presumably there may be a couple other books rolling out. Perhaps Karen will appear there. :/

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Who joins the dark side, Power Girl or Spider Woman?

ForcePower.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Who joins the dark side, Power Girl or Spider Woman?

ForcePower.jpg
    If we had to pick one? My money's on Jessica Drew.

Extraordinary Member

Karen showed up at the end of Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey this week but she mostly was there to bring Harley to the ending scene. The last moment of the book felt like goodbye from Jimmy and Amanda so it felt appropriate PG would be there.

Otherwise, no, that's the last scheduled appearance of Power Girl in DC Comics that we're aware of.

Wonder Girl starring Yara Flor launches in May so presumably there may be a couple other books rolling out. Perhaps Karen will appear there. :/
    It gets a bit horrible for PG fans to see so many completely new characters getting titles left and right while neither the JSA nor PG herself have a title or anything even officially hinted at by DC on the horizon.

All-New Member

Pretty much what Robanker said. She is only on three pages at the very end of Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey #4. Is that book even part of the main continuity?

What I find really disheartening is that Karen is not even featured on the character database of the main DC Comics website. Sucks being a Power Girl fan right now.

Here are the panels from her recent appearance...

Power Girl Appearance.jpg
    Power Girl Appearance 2.jpg
    Power Girl Appearance 3.jpg