Page 131 of 774 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/statu...61340124450820
    Attachment 106668
    Kurt Busiek and George Perez deserve the credit, just saying.
    Man, that made me feel bad for him. Then again, it took some time for them to credit others, so maybe he could still get credits next episode? Let's hope so.

If any of y'all have any doubt about her abilities and feats etc, i made a Respect Thread if you want see more feats it's on my signature

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I never got what made chaos magic different to regular vanilla magic tbh
    It does chaotic things. Which is why, say, Wanda's early hexes were unpredictable -- what she thought of as a "hex" was more like a "chaos grenade."

If she'd been using magic that was about something else -- force or fire or love or whatever -- her hexes would have had significantly different effects.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If any of y'all have any doubt about her abilities and feats etc, i made a Respect Thread if you want see more feats it's on my signature

You did an incredible job, very detailed, I always visit it when I’m in the mood for some SW feats, thank you.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The same can be said about any type of magic, how is light magic different from dark magic?
    And honestly what is vanilla regular magic anyway? Magic from the school of Vishanti's teaching?
    I think asking how chaos magic is different from regular old magic is like asking how habanero peppers are different from food.

There is no generic magic, it's a catch-all category that covers all kinds of magic, just as "food" covers all kids of food.

But just as different foods have different flavors and effects, different kinds of magic do too. There's lots of kinds of magic, which is why it's not easy to master it all. When Dr. Strange calls on the power of the Seraphim, he's calling on a different kind of power than when he casts the crimson bands of Cyttorak, or the flames of the Faltine. It's all different stuff.

If you want to make a love potion, you probably don't want to make it with chaos magic, just as if you want to make ice cream, you don't use ground beef.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I think asking how chaos magic is different from regular old magic is like asking how habanero peppers are different from food.

There is no generic magic, it's a catch-all category that covers all kinds of magic, just as "food" covers all kids of food.

But just as different foods have different flavors and effects, different kinds of magic do too. There's lots of kinds of magic, which is why it's not easy to master it all. When Dr. Strange calls on the power of the Seraphim, he's calling on a different kind of power than when he casts the crimson bands of Cyttorak, or the flames of the Faltine. It's all different stuff.

If you want to make a love potion, you probably don't want to make it with chaos magic, just as if you want to make ice cream, you don't use ground beef.

kdb
    Mmmmh beef ice-cream, delicious!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Man, that made me feel bad for him. Then again, it took some time for them to credit others, so maybe he could still get credits next episode? Let's hope so.
    A lot of the "special thanks" credits are very random. They added Jim Shooter last week and no one knows exactly what story they're crediting him for.

Unfortunately the origin of "chaos magic" is unfamiliar enough that I haven't seen any news source writing about that particular issue, so it's quite possible that the people making the credits don't even know where it's from. But it's a safe bet that someone on the creative team has read that issue.
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-28-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

kdb
    I imagine that flavor exists somewhere in jelly beans by now.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Kurt Busiek and George Perez deserve the credit, just saying.
    Genuine question ... for what specifically? I know what folks like Bendis, Byrne (who only got recognized in episode 8, I assume for whiteVision), and Englehart did that is reflected in the show. What specific ideas did they pull from Busiek and Perez?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I loved Wanda's old Hex Power. She actually did so much with it and faced off against Enchantress a number of times.
    Wanda's old Hex Power was confusing for some writers, so I get why they gave her regular old magic but I like her more with Hex Power than ordinary magic powers. Felt more interesting and unique. Of course, I'm also glad that Illyanna stayed as a sword-wielding teleporter and not Bendis' Dr. Strange trained sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Genuine question ... for what specifically? I know what folks like Bendis, Byrne (who only got recognized in episode 8, I assume for whiteVision), and Englehart did that is reflected in the show. What specific ideas did they pull from Busiek and Perez?

Wanda's old Hex Power was confusing for some writers, so I get why they gave her regular old magic but I like her more with Hex Power than ordinary magic powers. Felt more interesting and unique. Of course, I'm also glad that Illyanna stayed as a sword-wielding teleporter and not Bendis' Dr. Strange trained sorceress.
    Having Agatha deliver to Wanda that she wields Chaos Magic is from Busiek's run.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Deleted by poster - overlap
    Last edited by gurkle; 02-28-2021 at 05:55 PM.

WandaVision Theory: Age of Ultron May Confirm [SPOILER]'s True Identity
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-white-vision-is-ultron/

Many artists are getting viral tweets with their WandaVision fan arts

The fans and the general public are eating the series up yep

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Many artists are getting viral tweets with their WandaVision fan arts

The fans and the general public are eating the series up yep
    There was a fun Twitter trend today called “You’re Wanda” where you list what your sitcoms would be. The show trends a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Having Agatha deliver to Wanda that she wields Chaos Magic is from Busiek's run.
    Thanks!