Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    In quite a few of the DC movies and TV shows, the hero is in trouble and a crowd of regular, normal folks decide to charge in. For what, to be torn to shreds or incinerated.

In Arrow, we had the usual gang of ninjas taken over a city and then street kids with clubs stepped up.

If you haven't notice the USA is awash with AR-15s in the public's hands Where I lived there were five sporting goods stores in 10 minutes of time with about 20 on the shelves, let along tens of semi auto handguns. Good bye, ninja gangs, joker clowns or anyone with some superhero invulnerability.
    That... is an excellent point.

I know WHY they'll never do it, but it would be hilarious if the League of Assassins attack *enter city here*, and a crowd of people armed like- well, Americans- showed up and just wasted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathan View Post
    No frickin' kidding! Whenever I was in a minor car accident, no injuries, no major damage, I was useless the rest of the day.
    I'll tell you what. I was in an accident a long time ago with my mother, who is handicapped. Car got t-boned on the rear-passenger side, right behind me. Spun the car 180 degrees and ended up rear-ending a traffic light pole. As soon as that car stopped, I turned off the car, jumped out, got out my mom's wheelchair, and was about to get her out of the car when a good samaritan stopped me and told me they'd called an ambulance, and to wait for the paramedics. I was still going strong for about 30 minutes after the accident, running off adrenalin, so I can buy someone walking away from a major accident. I just don't buy them going on to a major fight, because I was also pretty much useless once the adrenalin wore off.

As a side note, the accident actually knocked my vision back to 20/20 for a few minutes, until that same good Samaritan pointed to a pair of glasses lying on the road, upright, and asked if they were mine. As soon as I saw them, my vision went back to crap.

A sci-fi one. Character in uncontrolled landing/crash on earth sized planet looking for someone on it. Their exact location never known or mentioned. Guess what? They're always less than half a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Dude really? How does someone go that long with out even hearing a Star Wars Refence some where?
    Believe me, you have no idea!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I can see it with Pop Culture.
    When even newspapers and news outlets give them space/air time it’s less forgivable. For example, CNN has done stories on Linkin Park countless times, particularly their lead singer (rip).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    When even newspapers and news outlets give them space/air time it’s less forgivable. For example, CNN has done stories on Linkin Park countless times, particularly their lead singer (rip).
    Less Forgivable? Why should some one have to be forgiven because they dont know some pop culture stuff lol JK

Some people dont really watch a lot of tv news or other wise. i didn listen to a lot of new music and only listen to older stuff I knew I liked so I never payed attention to new artists. Didnt see the Transformers movie which Linkin Park did a song for.

Not everyone pays attention to other pop culture stuff. my friend has no idea what Big Gang Theory is, my mom cant name 3 Batman characters if you paid her rent for a year. my 29 year old sister has no clue who Elton John is. Kirby's Father In Law doesnt Know Star Wars. it does happen,
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I don't care if it's part of the story or not. I'm getting pretty tired of seeing people get caught in a lie or just lie badly or give up the lie at the slightest bit of pressure.
    Like Tom Segura says, you can still get out of it, lie, lie for longer.

I've seen TV shows and movies where two male characters will be talking, and for some odd reason they will be right in each other's faces. They could be friends, enemies, could have just met, etc. But they will be in each others personal space and I'm always wondering why that is. It's very bizarre. And I always think "Okay, one of you needs to back up."

And I don't recall any female characters in TV shows or movies being in other females' personal space like that, unless they are really having some sort of altercation, where you can understand them getting in one another's face like that.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I've seen TV shows and movies where two male characters will be talking, and for some odd reason they will be right in each other's faces. They could be friends, enemies, could have just met, etc. But they will be in each others personal space and I'm always wondering why that is. It's very bizarre. And I always think "Okay, one of you needs to back up."

And I don't recall any female characters in TV shows or movies being in other females' personal space like that, unless they are really having some sort of altercation, where you can understand them getting in one another's face like that.
    I hate this so much. like just a normal talk they are nose to nose. Hell even before Covid I made people stay several feet away from me.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Dude really? How does someone go that long with out even hearing a Star Wars Refence some where?
    My parents have no idea about Star Wars. Never seen any of them, wouldn't know Darth Vader if he walked up and bit them on the nose.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    My parents have no idea about Star Wars. Never seen any of them, wouldn't know Darth Vader if he walked up and bit them on the nose.
    Well in their defense it would be hard for Vader to bite anyone with the mask he has on.

my mom always called Vader the guy who breaths funny and was the boss of the Stormtroopers.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Bait and Switch story telling, especially when it comes to heavy political topics

Tonal inconsistencies, especially with genre movies.

Incredible Member

High school student drinking warm beer after the big game out in the open. Or just drinking beer in the opening.

Everyone on the run from the government hides in bad neighborhoods. Why can’t they hide in a nice neighborhood for a change?
    Last edited by gwhh; 12-11-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    High school student drinking warm beer after the big game out in the open. Or just drinking beer in the opening.

Everyone on the run from the government hides in bad neighborhoods. Why can’t they hide in a nice neighborhood for a change?
    There's an easy explanation for that. They're scared that citizens in the nice neighborhoods will report them to the government, while citizens in bad neighborhoods are thought to distrust the government based on personal experience.
    Watching television is not an activity.

When people are talking on the phone and they just hang up. No goodbye , no " ok talk to you soon" they just say some intense **** and hangup.