Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Sexily! And usually mostly undressed or at least topless.

More seriously, I've always liked the version of Steve Trevor who was a military man, but who became disillusioned by the work and experienced too much heartache, so he became a humanitarian of sorts (albeit one with superior piloting and military skills which were used to further his aid missions). I like Steve to be flawed and imperfect, but trying to do what is best anyway. Steve should be "above-average" for a human, but still a "damsel in distress" because we're talking about comic books and Wonder Woman is *the* hero. That doesn't mean that Steve shouldn't have his own heroic moments, but never at the expense of Diana's character.

I'm happy for him to have a sense of humour, but he doesn't need to be quipping all over the place like Green Lantern or Spider-Man. And I'm happy for him to be a "hero", but that doesn't mean he's practically perfect in every way like Captain America or Superman. Steve should be human. His flaws should be acknowledged and complimented by and contrasted with Diana's own flaws and personality foibles. I definitely don't want him to be sexist, chauvinistic or arrogant. Maybe he was back in his military days, but he should be far beyond that now and fully supportive of Diana and her work as Wonder Woman.

I do think that there should be an interesting tension between Steve and Diana about their future - does Diana want children and, if so, when; Diana is immortal and Steve is mortal, so how do they actually envision their future together; Diana is away a LOT and although some of her away missions may mean working together with Steve or assisting his humanitarian efforts, there is still a lot of time spent apart; Diana comes from a world of myth and magic whereas Steve is a down to Earth military man, so what does that mean for their perspectives on life and love?

Spectacular Member

I like the way Rucka's wrote him. As a soldier he do what he can with what he has, which is not much in a world where there are superpowered people at every corner of the street in his line of work, and that is what make him interesting as well as his relationship with Diana in this matter.

I do think that there should be an interesting tension between Steve and Diana about their future - does Diana want children and, if so, when; Diana is immortal and Steve is mortal, so how do they actually envision their future together; Diana is away a LOT and although some of her away missions may mean working together with Steve or assisting his humanitarian efforts, there is still a lot of time spent apart; Diana comes from a world of myth and magic whereas Steve is a down to Earth military man, so what does that mean for their perspectives on life and love?
    I found it interesting what GWW does in issue #69 when Diana met Atlantiades and summoned (by accident) her fears (her own words) in her relationship with Steve. This is definitively an issue they have to talk about.
    On a more personnal note, i hope, when Diana retire, she and Steve come live in Themiscyra, where they can live forever.

In most cases where Diana had a kid, she kept fighting or her id took over. Okay if Steve went on to believe in the Gods who would he believe in? So far I'm going with Athena. How would that work out for Steve? How should Athena feel about Steve?

Actually, Steve being much less spiritual than Diana could be interesting in terms of character interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Actually, Steve being much less spiritual than Diana could be interesting in terms of character interactions.
    True. I mean if he did start to at least believe in them somewhat if Diana needs help.

Spectacular Member

After meeting so many of them, i think he doesn't have other choice than believing in them. If you deny what your eyes see, why even bother to open them.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    After meeting so many of them, i think he doesn't have other choice than believing in them. If you deny what your eyes see, why even bother to open them.
    Just because Steve knows gods exist doesn't mean he believes in them.

(In other words, just because some supremely powerful entity exists doesn't mean they have the right to be worshipped.)

Spectacular Member

I didn't understand you meant worshipped. I thought you meant believing in their existence, which was pretty obvious to me since he met them. But yes worshipping is something else entirely.
    I feel it's like meeting your hero. You worship them until you met them and then you are disappointed. Maybe meeting the gods put him into the same situation.

Mighty Member

like a hero in a Tom Clancy novel

So should still be religious at all? We need to know outside of the army what does he like. Why did he want to be a pilot l? What music and does he like musicals or plays. Now with Wonder Woman it’s all about subversive man and female roles and interest.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So should still be religious at all? We need to know outside of the army what does he like. Why did he want to be a pilot l? What music and does he like musicals or plays. Now with Wonder Woman it’s all about subversive man and female roles and interest.
    He's American so he'd probably be either a christian or an atheist. The same for Etta.

There are more Americans who are agnostic than atheist. It would be interesting to see him since we do have atheist already in comics

I would like for Steve to be written as eye candy who gets into situations over his head and requires saving. Like how women are treated in comics, basically.

Spectacular Member

Like how women are treated in comics, basically.
    Were treated. It still exist but is more and more rare nowadays. I believe when you have an evil god, metahuman, monster (bar useless mention) in front of you, it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, you still need saving.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    A traditionally manly man who's shows no embarrassment over playing second fiddle to a woman in the fighting or strength department.

Maybe have a line like this:

"You seem very comfortable around powerful women, Mr. Trevor."

"You should meet my sister."
    Yeah, I agree. In a similar post, I noted that I wouldn't mind him as an entirely capable man of action, but also more than willing to admit when he's out of his depth and should let others take the lead.

So pretty much Pine's version from the movie.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.