Page 356 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2563063463523533543553563573583593603664064568561356 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 20948

I get she's the most marketable of the team but they really are making this look more like a Harley Quinn solo movie .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    Attachment 87647
    But...but Jurnee doesn't look like Black Canary...Yeah, okay.
    The bottom left one is the only one people really remember much of and that's because it's the most like Black Canary's traditional look. Didn't I already mention some of these costumes?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Black Canary does end up being the breakout character from the film. Jurnee is a good actress and Dinah has great potential as a character.

But yea I agree about the Harley push. Turns me off too. Glad a trailer is coming out tomorrow so we can finally judge.

Variety film reporter Justin Kroll strongly hinted at JJ Abrams taking over Superman on a podcast today.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if The Joker is going to beat BOP domestic and worldwide.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    But yea I agree about the Harley push. Turns me off too. Glad a trailer is coming out tomorrow so we can finally judge.
    The only reason it turns me off is because Robbie was never a huge fan favorite IMO. Gadot got rave reviews and a big following. Robbie? Meh. Take it or leave it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get she's the most marketable of the team but they really are making this look more like a Harley Quinn solo movie .

The bottom left one is the only one people really remember much of and that's because it's the most like Black Canary's traditional look. Didn't I already mention some of these costumes?
    Comic book people, sure. Most people beyond comic book people are going to know her from "Arrow"...which none of their versions look like these either.
    The point being, her "not looking like Black Canary" is really just "she doesn't look like I want her to". And if they had cast Kathryn Winnick but still given her the same hairstyle because that's the aesthetic they're clearly going for, I dare say the most were would be getting is; "well, I'm not sure why they gave her dreds, but YAY, KATHRYN WINNICK"!
    Last edited by Stromberg; 09-30-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Comic book people, sure. Most people beyond comic book people are going to know her from "Arrow"...which none of their versions look like these either.
    The point being, her "not looking like Black Canary" is really just "she doesn't look like I want her to".
    I'd like to think DCAU Dinah stood out more then the various Black Canaries on Arrow. Otherwise it's kind of sad .

I'd love it if she were sporting the bottom left costume personally. That stands out more to me then what she's being promoted with for this movie. I don't give a hoot if it vaguely resembles her comic colors.

Fantastic Member

It was longer ago and the animated series, while popular, had a smaller audience that "Arrow" did/does.

It was longer ago and the animated series, while popular, had a smaller audience that "Arrow" did/does.
    I think the DCAU still has major relevance. I mean, look at who is starring in this movie, and overall I'd say the DCAU had more of an impact then Arrow has individually.

There's especially no competition in comparing their versions of Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Variety film reporter Justin Kroll strongly hinted at JJ Abrams taking over Superman on a podcast today.
    Where did the Superman/Abrams rumors originate from anyway. If Kroll is talking about it now, there must be something to it.

The point being, her "not looking like Black Canary" is really just "she doesn't look like I want her to". And if they had cast Kathryn Winnick but still given her the same hairstyle because that's the aesthetic they're clearly going for, I dare say the most were would be getting is; "well, I'm not sure why they gave her dreds, but YAY, KATHRYN WINNICK"!
    Exactly. I wish some would just come out and admit it.
    Regardless, Canary has no set, ironclad iconic look, and as we've seen with the Arrowverse, no actual woman wants to wear a bustier onesie with fishnets and heels and do action scenes.
    Even Margot has traded that look in, as she said she'll never don that Suicide Squad outfit again.

BANNED

Frankly the argument the character has no set look doesn't really excuse putting no effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The only reason it turns me off is because Robbie was never a huge fan favorite IMO. Gadot got rave reviews and a big following. Robbie? Meh. Take it or leave it.
    Harley Quinn sold lots of merch like in Halloween. More than WW. That means general audiences really liked her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Agreed about HQ. If the other characters don't get posters soon ish, ugh, it annoys me why they called it Birds of Pray when they only promote Robbie.

Regarding Black Canary's costume, I think she has a very recongnizable one among most fans and probably casual fans. WB should respect that, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Good. If true, they need to write an strong story.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 09-30-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Harley Quinn sold lots of merch like in Halloween. More than WW. That means general audiences really liked her.

Agreed about HQ. If the other characters don't get posters soon ish, ugh, it annoys me why they called it Birds of Pray when they only promote Robbie.

Regarding Black Canary's costume, I think she has a very recongnizable one among most fans and probably casual fans. WB should respect that, imo.

Good. If true, they need to write an strong story.
    Don't get me wrong, I do think Dinah has an iconic look and I hope they do some version of it but I don't think it's a necessity for this version to be "Black Canary". Wolverine and the other X-Men didn't have their iconic looks (at least not in the original trilogy and they were still those characters. Same with Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, most of The Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar