Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Morgan le Fay went out like a punk. She didn't even do anything cool. Her army sucks and did nothing but get owned.

I agree most strongly with this. This is the same Morgan Le Fay that has brought herself back from decapitation and altered reality (with the help of the Norn Stones of course). She is one of the most powerful magic users in the Marvel Universe but is constantly getting jobbed. Granted, not as bad as this when she didn't even do anything at all really. She could have most likely beaten the entire team with Apocalypse not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I presumed it was Roma as she's always in white and had been the ruler of that realm previously.
    Speaking of Roma it was good to see her even if in a dream cameo. I think we'll be seeing her soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Has to be Opal Luna Saturnyne, white is her schtick.
    Attachment 92015
    I hope so! I can't remember the last time we've seen her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The thing about the pregnancy subject is the couple usually has a conversation prior to marriage on the family goals. This doesn't seem positive, IMO
    Last edited by Neko; 01-22-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Didn't think it was perfect, but this was my favorite issue of the series so far -- probably due mostly to seeing the new power couple, Apocalypse and King Jamie. I especially liked the opening, where [A] completely disregards Xavier despite being "brothers" and all that.

Still on the fence about staying with it, though. I may have to downsize my X-titles if/when Marvel starts their new 2020 stuff.

-Pav, who wonders when The X-CELLENT will come...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    The thing about the pregnancy subject is the couple usually has a conversation prior to marriage on the family goals. This doesn't seem positive, IMO
    Rogue said that she wanted kids with Remy, so this was a suprise. If it was only no kids for now, it would work better.

One of the things that was interesting here, and that I hope bleeds over into the subjects X-Factor will be tackling, is that, though we knew already some mutants were important enough to jump the queue when it came to resurrection, we saw here that this still applies even when they're blatantly or recklessly abusing that favoritism. So there's already absolute privilege and pecking order surrounding this miracle of mutant ingenuity. That's got to sit badly with people who are waiting to be reunited with murdered friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    One of the things that was interesting here, and that I hope bleeds over into the subjects X-Factor will be tackling, is that, though we knew already some mutants were important enough to jump the queue when it came to resurrection, we saw here that this still applies even when they're blatantly or recklessly abusing that favoritism. So there's already absolute privilege and pecking order surrounding this miracle of mutant ingenuity. That's got to sit badly with people who are waiting to be reunited with murdered friends and family.
    Like Mystique.

Or hell... ROGUE. One of her moms is in the queue, and Xavier's dragging his heels like he always does with her.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Like Mystique.
    Counting down the days. The mad bitch is going to be utterly magnificent when she blows her top!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Counting down the days. The mad bitch is going to be utterly magnificent when she blows her top!
    I want Mystique to show up with a massive list of all the people that have been resurrected, which ones have been resurrected multiple times. Like some sort of blue, evil Santa Claus.

Was there ever an explanation for how Rogue lost control of her powers again? At the end of MMX her powers were finally conquered and she got a nice upgrade where she didn't have to touch. That was carried over into a few issues of Captain Marvel and then all of a sudden this launches and she has no control over her power again and no mention of what happened.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-22-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    I want Mystique to show up with a massive list of all the people that have been resurrected, which ones have been resurrected multiple times. Like some sort of blue, evil Santa Claus.
    Raven's Receipts!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Well I'm fine with DoX actually. I like Hickman's New Mutants and Percy's X-Force.

X-Men is meh. Fallen Angels fell apart. And Excaliburs execution is just disappointing.

Tini Howard as a writer is not for me. I wish we had a Mike Carey or Keiron Gillen on a book like this.
    I know, I've seen you post positively on other topics. I'm just joking with you.

Basically, Apocalypse instigated a war with the Otherworld, tricked Rouge into becoming a topiary and tricked Jubilee into bringing her kid along to make him a dragon, made Rictor into a rube, all in order to create some new kind of magic that nobody is actually using. In the process, Brian Braddock got caught in the crossfire, as well as all of London because of the giant monster invasion. The only person who has a problem with this is Gambit, who picks bad times to make a big deal out of it and get mocked by the others when he does. Also Betsy is around but really doesn't do much. If any of them realize what Apocalypse is doing, they don't care. They install a dangerous two faced lunatic in charge of Otherworld as a puppet ruler, and then go off to do their own things while he and Apocalypse vivisect Morgan. Our heroes!

Serious question: are Excalibur the bad guys?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Have you guys seen Jerome Openas art in Seven to Eternity?

I would kill to have him on Excalibur. It would probably make me pick it up again.

He's so damn good.
    Remember when Toccini took over for Opeña in Uncanny X-Force for the Otherworld arc? I would love to see Opeña draw these issues.

On topic: I enjoyed this issue. I think most of that has to do with my interest in Apocalypse’s plan. Art is good despite what I said above. Not a fan of how Rogue and Gambit have been used so far. Rictor was a Bamf though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I know, I've seen you post positively on other topics. I'm just joking with you.

Basically, Apocalypse instigated a war with the Otherworld, tricked Rouge into becoming a topiary and tricked Jubilee into bringing her kid along to make him a dragon, made Rictor into a rube, all in order to create some new kind of magic that nobody is actually using. In the process, Brian Braddock got caught in the crossfire, as well as all of London because of the giant monster invasion. The only person who has a problem with this is Gambit, who picks bad times to make a big deal out of it and get mocked by the others when he does. Also Betsy is around but really doesn't do much. If any of them realize what Apocalypse is doing, they don't care. They install a dangerous two faced lunatic in charge of Otherworld as a puppet ruler, and then go off to do their own things while he and Apocalypse vivisect Morgan. Our heroes!

Serious question: are Excalibur the bad guys?
    Not according to the Queen. Not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Was there ever an explanation for how Rogue lost control of her powers again? At the end of MMX her powers were finally conquered and she got a nice upgrade where she didn't have to touch. That was carried over into a few issues of Captain Marvel and then all of a sudden this launches and she has no control over her power again and no mention of what happened.
    Both MMX and CM was written by KT. After HoX/DoX there has been sort of a soft reset. Mostly so writers could do what they wanted.