Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    lol this may be the case he does well enough with small children like Luna or Anya or adolescents like the new mutants and Billy or Tommy but bring him his adolescent children or young adult children and he just doesn´t know what to do, I headcanon he didn´t had much of an adolescence he went from childhood to adulthood quite quickly and he expects his children to be the sameway add to this his life was not normal by any means and just like most parents he´s way more easy on his grandchildren. The emotional distance is what makes him a better mentor than parent.

Exactly the main difference is that molecule man main power is manipulation of matter at a subatomic level while magneto can do something similar with electromagnetic fields but it´s way harder for him to do it and his body and mind can take a beating over it so he usually uses his powers on certain levels unless he has a need to use them in a bigger scale like when he fought the Beyonder, Proteus or Phoenix Jean.

I think this is a good thing all powerful characters can get boring quickly in comics because there´s no tension to build around them and I like that magneto´s powers at least has some basic scientific explanation.
    No you misunderstand he clearly IS NOT using em fields for his powers cause em fields don’t work that way. What he is doing is manipulating gravity at a microscopic level. Technically he should not be limited to metal at all. His powers don’t have anything to do magnetism. He probably needs a bit of a revamp cause his powers seem kinda silly IMO

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

A modern explanation of how his powers work would be a good idea some months ago JDW talked about how Hickman explained to him how magneto works so maybe we will see something about it in the near future. Also his powers used to be described as evidence for the Unified field theory and given how most powers are in comics I would say his make more sense than most but that´s just my oppinion.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The Electric Universe model, while still considered fringe in its own right, presents electromagnetism as supervisor to gravitation, and would explain nicely Magneto's diverse feats, superseding the need for an elusive Unified Field theory.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Simple question

Can magneto move non-Ferros aka non magnetic metal? And if so how?
    Yes.
    He picks them up with his hands, walks a few feet, and then puts them down. They are now moved.
    Simple answer.

omg i'm loving this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    He can move any material that contains trace elements of bad-writing-ium.
    lol this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Flesh Dimension, the counterpart of the Punch Dimension.
    Duuuude i almost spit out my dip
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

I don't think he can. Its ironic but has Magneto ever had a secondary mutation?

No as far as I know, he used to have telepathy and astral projection on the silver age but after being made a baby and being grown up to an adult he only has telepathic resistance.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't think he can. Its ironic but has Magneto ever had a secondary mutation?
    It was said long ago that Magneto can control Gravity and other forces, but just at a much reduced level than magnetism. I think writers just concentrate on his magnetism and wrap all of his other powers into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It was said long ago that Magneto can control Gravity and other forces, but just at a much reduced level than magnetism. I think writers just concentrate on his magnetism and wrap all of his other powers into that.
    Agreed

BANNED

Agreed

Just like to point out that while guns are magnetic the bullets are not the cartridge is steel but shell is made of copper and lead. So magneto should not be able to move a bullet. Only bullets with steel are ones with metal jackets and they are not used by police

ok but he can also reverse gravity.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-25-2020 at 06:06 PM.

BANNED

ok but he can also reverse gravity.

Well then his powers aren’t magnetic lol. It’s completely different, it’s like finding out the secret to magiks powers is pineapples, sure why not? But is it magic? No. Though personally I would love a mutant who gains different powers by eating food. How is that not a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Well then his powers aren’t magnetic lol. It’s completely different, it’s like finding out the secret to magiks powers is pineapples, sure why not? But is it magic? No. Though personally I would love a mutant who gains different powers by eating food. How is that not a thing?
    If you lose the food aspect you'll end up with Hope.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Hello; when you pick up a paperclip with a magnet, the electromagnetic field is negating gravity. [That right there shows all the mass of the earth is naught compared to electromagnetism.] It's the same trick Polaris and Storm used against Krakoa. It's the same trick spiders use to fly. Real scientists are also able to levitate nonferrous materials with electromagnetic fields. This is actual physics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_levitation
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-25-2020 at 10:36 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

C19B1AAD-FA26-4740-99B4-FF43AA584E7E.jpg

But can he give Wooly Willy a beard without touching the clear plastic?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”