Page 15 of 229 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

So they really decided to undercut their first WW-centric event in ages before it even started. Not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And to try to cash in on the SS: Kill The Justice League game. We "suddenly" got a new Sandman book and now this? lol
    That was my first reaction when I saw the headline. It resemble the SS: Kill The Justice League video game. And that should be out sometime this year. But if it's based off of some push to help the video game and vice versa, I'm sure these characters will return at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'll certainly give you Supergirl, Dick, and Donna. But even if there was a pattern, Jade, Jesse, and especially Mikaal are pretty removed from the "Hal Jordan-Barry Allen-J'onn J'onz" immediate legacies (the first two being little more than tangential co-opts) that it didn't feel like it would have replacing those three with, say, Impulse, Jessica Cruz, or Miss Martian.
    Jessica didn't even exist yet, she debuted in the second half of New 52... in Justice League, as Power Ring.

And yeah, Mikaal was Starman, and is a Legion character. If he's linked to any modern day character, it's Stargirl.

However, aren't we confusing the final two pre-Flashpoint rosters here?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And to try to cash in on the SS: Kill The Justice League game. We "suddenly" got a new Sandman book and now this? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    That was my first reaction when I saw the headline. It resemble the SS: Kill The Justice League video game. And that should be out sometime this year. But if it's based off of some push to help the video game and vice versa, I'm sure these characters will return at some point.
    DC/WB seem really keen on taking the Justice League out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    So they really decided to undercut their first WW-centric event in ages before it even started. Not surprised.
    Arthur Curry fans are going to be watching Aquamen solicits closely.

I've copied my response from the Death of the Justice League thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait a minute, third act of Infinite Frontier, Dark Army, supposed death.... I think I've figured out where the League went already and what's happened to them. It's Pariah.

Okay so some context for those who haven't been reading, at the end of Infinite Frontier Barry goes beyond the known Multiverse and runs into Pariah and the dead remains of Multiverse-2 which died in the first Crisis but has been fed upon by the Gentry/The Empty Hand. But then Pariah disintegrated Barry and remade him on a picturesque world designated Earth.Flash.1.

That's where the league will be, captured by Pariah and put in their own perfect earths but made to look like they died. I'm confident in this.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I hope each world refelcts them best.

I wonder if the solo books might shift towards the characters being in the false reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jessica didn't even exist yet, she debuted in the second half of New 52... in Justice League, as Power Ring.

And yeah, Mikaal was Starman, and is a Legion character. If he's linked to any modern day character, it's Stargirl.

However, aren't we confusing the final two pre-Flashpoint rosters here?
    I was using those examples as hypotheticals, not as a comment of who was around/active at the time of the Robinson run.

And beyond his homeworld being a sister planet to Shadow Lass's, I don't know if Mikaal has anything to do with the Legion. If anything, nowadays he's more tangentially tied to the Ted Knight/Jack Knight Starman legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I feel like there was going to be a new Trinity it will more likely be Yara, Jon and Jackson.

Also given that Jace is now the "Batman of New York" don't be surprised in Tim the main Batman in Gotham.
    The Trinity is a Super/Bat/Wonder thing, and Jace is the Next Batman. If they make a new Trinity it will be him, they’re not leaving Batman of all characters out. Plus Jackson’s sales have been pretty soft compared to Jace, Jace is almost certainly the higher profile character.

Full disrespect to Tim Drake fans: anyone who still thinks Tim will ever be Batman needs to accept that he’s barely relevant these days, only coasting on nostalgia and his new bisexuality. It’s enough for him to get a mini but Tim would never take the Batman mantle over Dick or Damian these days.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Trinity is a Super/Bat/Wonder thing, and Jace is the Next Batman. If they make a new Trinity it will be him, they’re not leaving Batman of all characters out. Plus Jackson’s sales have been pretty soft compared to Jace, Jace is almost certainly the higher profile character.

Full disrespect to Tim Drake fans: anyone who still thinks Tim will ever be Batman needs to accept that he’s barely relevant these days, only coasting on nostalgia and his new bisexuality. It’s enough for him to get a mini but Tim would never take the Batman mantle over Dick or Damian these days.
    Speaking of Damian, this is the second time Batman has been missing and presumed dead in the past decade. I wonder if nightwing is gonna suit up again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the solo books might shift towards the characters being in the false reality.
    I think that is the plan, it is very unlikely that DC will go without Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman having a solo book.

*yawn*

Oh boy.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Speaking of Damian, this is the second time Batman has been missing and presumed dead in the past decade. I wonder if nightwing is gonna suit up again.
    I doubt it. It would completely derail his current run, which is getting great reviews.

Meanwhile I'm so happy jessica is getting some focus. Really thought that urban legends story was building up to a zatanna solo, but maybe that can still happen

I’m fully expecting a “New Justice” book by Taylor now. Starring Nightwing, Wally, Jon, Yara, Jo and Jackson. Eh.

I’d much rather see now meaningless deaths and just have a new League with some heroes that are not Big 7 stand-ins.
    Give Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Big Barda, Mister Miracle and Vixen something to do.