Page 540 of 865 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590640 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 12974
    All-New Member

My latest haul

Quote Originally Posted by MrStayPuft View Post
    My latest haul

Woke up, looked at this pic and at first was wondering what the hell the 'Emo Trilogy' was...

Brian Bolland and Mike McMahon will be signing Cursed Earth uncensored at Gosh! July 16th. I know you can bring other books too and my Killing Joke is SOOO get signed by Bolland! Same with Animal Man. I have couple Dredd books with his art. Should I get something more?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Brian Bolland and Mike McMahon will be signing Cursed Earth uncensored at Gosh! July 16th. I know you can bring other books too and my Killing Joke is SOOO get signed by Bolland! Same with Animal Man. I have couple Dredd books with his art. Should I get something more?
    What about Camelot 3000? That's an overlooked classic where his artwork's concerned.

Got these books today...

Would it be blasphemy if I say DD omni by Miller is nothing special? Read it recently and...I didn't really like it. It's ok, and last couple issues are great but I can't stand seeing same thing again and again. Same things being said, Matt Murdock lost vision but all his other senses have been improved...blablabla. I don't care! I don't.

I know that how comics used to be but it just doesn't stand test of time.

Bluberry - pretty good but lots of text to read. Oldie western.

Ballad of Halo Jones - holy crap, that was good. Not the best from Moore but I liked it a lot.

Oh, and get that Creepax book from Fanta guys, looks fantastic, whole collection on shelf will look sick! Can't wait to get more naughty stuff like Justine. I have it in polish anyway but this format is much bigger.

Punisher in DD season 2 was amazing, again: villain steals the show, episode 4 when Frank tells his story on cementary, my god, soo bloody good acting. Electra was terrible, such a waste. And I liked Karren at last.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 03-25-2016 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    What about Camelot 3000? That's an overlooked classic where his artwork's concerned.
    I have to check it out now, don't I?

Hellboy Library 1-6, last score, yes.

BDX_nl_zPpUjsDgc6_oTBE3Z5gYWy1GHYv4Av80.jpg

Which storyline did you read? The earlier 'Fort Navajo' stories are way more old fashioned than the later ones (Mostly the entire "confederate gold" storyline that runs from "Chihuahua Pearl" to "Arizona Love"). Although they're definitely more text heavy than today's compressed storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    So Terry Moore have already started preorder sales for the Rachel Rising Black omnibus edition:

Signed and numbered bookplate
    Limited to 750 copies
    All black embossed cover
    776 pages including color cover gallery
    Pre-orders will receive a signed comic book size print

So hurry up: http://www.rachel-rising.com/store/omnibus.html

thank you, i would not have known about this if it wasnt for you. i got my order in

Latest:

Two books particularly stand out:

- "Der marokkanische Frühling" (available in English as "Of Blood and Gold" only in digital form): brilliant fast-paced adventure that can best be described as the bastard child of "The Sting" and "Lawrence of Arabia". Needs to be turned into a film soon.

- "Mutter Krieg" (translates as "Mother War", so far no English translation): amazing psychological thriller set against the backdrop of the trench warfare in WW I; a mix between "Silence of the Lambs" and "All Quiet on the Western Front".

Both are higly recommended.

Those of you that speak German, you can get a new copy of "Mutter Krieg" for less than €7 shipped from Better World Books via AbeBooks. It usually costs €39, so that's a bargain. However, Better World Books do not pack their books well at all (mine came in a plastic envelope without any padding whatsoever), but for that price, I was willing to take the gamble. Luckily, it arrived with only a few minor dents on the corners.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 03-26-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Would it be blasphemy if I say DD omni by Miller is nothing special? Read it recently and...I didn't really like it. It's ok, and last couple issues are great but I can't stand seeing same thing again and again. Same things being said, Matt Murdock lost vision but all his other senses have been improved...blablabla. I don't care! I don't.

I know that how comics used to be but it just doesn't stand test of time.

Ballad of Halo Jones - holy crap, that was good. Not the best from Moore but I liked it a lot.

Oh, and get that Creepax book from Fanta guys, looks fantastic, whole collection on shelf will look sick! Can't wait to get more naughty stuff like Justine. I have it in polish anyway but this format is much bigger.

Punisher in DD season 2 was amazing, again: villain steals the show, episode 4 when Frank tells his story on cementary, my god, soo bloody good acting. Electra was terrible, such a waste. And I liked Karren at last.
    You aren't alone on Miller's DD...lots of people don't really care for the material in the first omnibus...the companion is where the true gold is. I agree that it did start to become much better towards the end though.
    As for the Netflix show, season 2 was great..but nowhere near as focused as season 1. I actually didn't mind Elektra..the depiction was a hell of a lot more accurate than the one in the movie thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    So Terry Moore have already started preorder sales for the Rachel Rising Black omnibus edition:

Signed and numbered bookplate
    Limited to 750 copies
    All black embossed cover
    776 pages including color cover gallery
    Pre-orders will receive a signed comic book size print

So hurry up: http://www.rachel-rising.com/store/omnibus.html
    Will there also be a normal omnibus for sale in comic shops?
    Not going to pay 66$ shipping + import cost for 1 book.

Mighty Member

image1.jpg

I've ordered Jodo's Son of the gun as well. Somewhat thinking about Bouncer, thoughts on that one? Are the more books by Jodo I should check out besides the upcoming Sons of El Topo (art by Ladrönn!)?

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    image1.jpg

I've ordered Jodo's Son of the gun as well. Somewhat thinking about Bouncer, thoughts on that one? Are the more books by Jodo I should check out besides the upcoming Sons of El Topo (art by Ladrönn!)?
    I've heard White Lama is really good. I was really disappointed by Son of the gun, it's just too on the nose and the story for me doesn't really justifies the horrible thing happen in the book. Got Bouncer as well but haven't touched it yet, waiting for the inspiration.