Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Missed opportunity though. I'm sad to see them shunting Nick Fury off to be replaced by Marcus Johnson (again, who changes their name and insults their mother like that for the father who never bothered to show up?), but if they insist on doing it Dum Dum might actually have some use being a mentor (which is more than you can say for 90% of Dum Dum's history). Or at the least play sidekick like he did for the real Nick Fury. Maybe cutting ties with everything from the past helps solidify Marcus in their eyes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Missed opportunity though. I'm sad to see them shunting Nick Fury off to be replaced by Marcus Johnson (again, who changes their name and insults their mother like that for the father who never bothered to show up?), but if they insist on doing it Dum Dum might actually have some use being a mentor (which is more than you can say for 90% of Dum Dum's history). Or at the least play sidekick like he did for the real Nick Fury. Maybe cutting ties with everything from the past helps solidify Marcus in their eyes.
    Exactly! So the question is, who is a recognizable/distinguishable character in SHIELD now? Clay Quartermain? These organization is even more faceless than the TV show.

BANNED

Newer characters like Maria Hill and Coulsen. Again, movie tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Newer characters like Maria Hill and Coulsen. Again, movie tie-ins.
    Maria Hill existed prior to her depiction in the MCU. Coulson is a different story all together.

as if SHIELD needed any more help becoming completely generic and uninteresting. so long dum dum, mickey killed you good.

Kind of a pointless retcon if you ask me. Only adds complicity to continuity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Maria Hill existed prior to her depiction in the MCU. Coulson is a different story all together.
    True, but the fact that she's in the movies certainly helps not to kill her off or marginalize her.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nieman View Post
    Exactly! So the question is, who is a recognizable/distinguishable character in SHIELD now? Clay Quartermain? These organization is even more faceless than the TV show.
    I think he died in Nick Fury vs SHIELD.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

RIP DUM DUM. Hopefully the still have LMD versions of him around

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    I think he died in Nick Fury vs SHIELD.
    He did, but that was at least two deaths ago. I think he was killed most recently by Doc Samson in Loeb's Hulk book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Is there any re-emergence of the character that you could now believe is the real character?
    You could say that about any SHIELD character. This has happened to almost all of them, at some point. Heck, during Nick Fury vs. SHIELD, pretty much everyone except Dum-Dum and Nick was killed and replaced.

If the hypothetical future story that undoes this says it's the real guy, then it's the real guy. The most recent retcon always wins.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    He did, but that was at least two deaths ago. I think he was killed most recently by Doc Samson in Loeb's Hulk book.
    I got to get up on my SHIELD resurrections. Do you know if Gabe Jones is still alive?
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

BANNED

You could say that about any SHIELD character. This has happened to almost all of them, at some point. Heck, during Nick Fury vs. SHIELD, pretty much everyone except Dum-Dum and Nick was killed and replaced.

If the hypothetical future story that undoes this says it's the real guy, then it's the real guy. The most recent retcon always wins.
    The way Marvel is going, all of the old SHIELD agents were probably LMDs. In fact if you were a Howling Commando and also a SHIELD agent, then you were probably an LMD in SHIELD.

Extraordinary Member

And I thought that Quartermain died in Hickman's Secret Warriors.

Everybody in SHIELD was little better than cannon fodder once it became impossible for a book primarily about SHIELD to sell.

Who?

Oh, you mean the shield agent with the funny hat? Yeah...I'm real torn up about that.