Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'm under the impression that Moira's Journal is a sequential recording of her 10th life eXperiences only. The last two entries shown are when Magneto turned against them, which would've been prior to the events of 1963's XM #1, and then finally when she seemingly died pre-Genoshan genocide, HoM, etc. I'm still not sure any of those specific tragedies happened in her prior lives, as everything in the 616 timeline up to HoX & through to DoX, took place in -- and were possibly unique to -- her latest reincarnation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I hope they address how unethical it is to resurrect 16 million people without their consent.
    I think it gets a little murky when said millions were wiped out by genocidal robots without their consent.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

"Neither can live while the other survives."
    "One shall stand, one shall fall."
    "The world full of insatiable desires will end."
    How much will sales spike up with the readership if mutantdom successfully carries out a human wipe-out as part of the HiX-Men run, proving Moira wrong that mutants always lose because this time they have the head-writer on their side?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I hope they address how unethical it is to resurrect 16 million people without their consent.
    With people who have committed suicide I understand ethical complications (Hi Shaw). But people massacred by robots?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    … How much will sales spike up with the readership if mutantdom successfully carries out a human wipe-out as part of the HiX-Men run, proving Moira wrong that mutants always lose because this time they have the head-writer on their side?
    That's a really BIG if, to hypothesize around.

But of course it's not as if thanks to Xavier people who have died or lost a relative in genosha can now experience things like falling in love, getting married, having children or making dreams come true. You know those things that make life worth correcting an injustice.

If it were I would be more angry at those responsible for genocide to the point of wanting revenge.

On the topic at hand Krakoa is just something necessary and not the end of the game as we know from Moira's visions that war will inevitably happen one way or another it's just a matter of time. Thus Krakoa offers the necessary protection to mutants until this time comes so mutants would be prepared instead of being taken by surprise or uncoordinated for an effective response.

From a social and cultural point of view every people who wants their culture to survive in a dignified manner needs a nation or country. The benefits that a country or nation offers are many but one of the main is the issue of protection and the unity of the people around common goals.

From the economic point of view it establishes resources and political channels to be used on behalf of the people.

Considering how nowadays the issue of immigration has become a big problem to the point where governments would rather see people dying trying to cross borders than give them asylum I am surprised how anyone could question the need for a country for a people or culture.

It is true that Genosha ended badly but that does not mean that the need for a mutant nation can be ruled out in fact is the opposite. The need for a nation or country is even more important when these people are being persecuted or threatened with extinction.

Spectacular Member

Considering none of these resurrected people are actually the original ones, there are different ethics that are at stake here.
    Hickman's resurrection chambers create replicas, they don't resurrect the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Considering none of these resurrected people are actually the original ones, there are different ethics that are at stake here.
    Hickman's resurrection chambers create replicas, they don't resurrect the originals.
    Hickman confirmed that this is real Resurrection, not just replicas.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Hickman confirmed that this is real Resurrection, not just replicas.
    He may confirm it, but logic confirms other things.

For that to occur, you need to solve a paradox - if two exact copies are given two exact memories, which one happens to be the original?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    That's a really BIG if, to hypothesize around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    .....we know from Moira's visions that war will inevitably happen one way or another.....
    Yes, I too believe there will come a war for the right to exist between humans and mutants. But because Hickman did say the X-Men (and now by indelible extension all mutantkind) are winning and will not be destroyed ever again, perhaps the mutants will win the war this time around. And because it's been hammered to readers in the X-line that as long as a single non-mutant human lives in the universe then mutantdom will never be safe, so....*zap!* Sapiens deserve it, all of it, eh?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

For that to occur, you need to solve a paradox - if two exact copies are given two exact memories, which one happens to be the original?
    I mean, it is what it is. It could become very convoluted and very complicated and it would only lead to confusion, anger and frustration (that escalated quickly).

So for now I'm fine with the explanation that Xavier is transfering souls so that the resurrections are real resurrections. Replicas might come up in the future but this whole storyline is already too complicated for now and the author confirmed it so

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I mean, it is what it is. It could become very convoluted and very complicated and it would only lead to confusion, anger and frustration (that escalated quickly).

So for now I'm fine with the explanation that Xavier is transfering souls so that the resurrections are real resurrections. Replicas might come up in the future but this whole storyline is already too complicated for now and the author confirmed it so
    The word of god you say...
    False gods, false gods everywhere. Ok I'm fooling around now.
    Anyway, Hocus Pocus turned out to be convoluted in the places it didn't even have to. Instead of streamlining stuff, we've got lots of "new" contradictory concepts. Kinda shame. Why retcon Moira and act like her lives aren't just yet additional irrelevant dystopias when we've got Askani siblings for that already. Why act like machines are the real enemy of the mutants when we always knew it's humanity. And so on...

Uhh that's kinda easy Dude
    They both will be the original

But seriously In a world where the son you had with your ex wife's clone is older than you but replaced by a younger alternative version liveon a sentient island with with a lady who is going to give birth to her baby daddys father...why stress over hypothetical paradoxes??
    Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    And because it's been hammered to readers in the X-line that as long as a single non-mutant human lives in the universe then mutantdom will never be safe, so....*zap!* Sapiens deserve it, all of it, eh?
    Whew! The X-Books you're reading seem rife with extravagant human genocide motif :/
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Has your knickers been in a twist about the fact that Xavier and Betsy haven’t been in there original bodies for years? Xavier was placed in a cloned body in the 80’s. Betsy is on her second replica body, in fact, and her fourth body in total.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 12-15-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Clarity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Has your knickers been in a twist about the fact that Xavier and Psylocke haven’t been in there original bodies for years? Xavier was placed in a cloned body in the 80’s. Psylocke is on her second replica body, in fact, and her fourth body in total.
    The New Mutants were killed during Secret Wars II and reincarnated in eggs.