Page 302 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2022522922982993003013023033043053063123524028021302 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Well I'm sure that once Joe Biden is elected, everything will be all better, so I got nothing to worry about.

Scientific methods? How would you design an experiment to test if Washington was a racist piece of **** or not?
    Did you... did you just say that experiments are the only scientific method?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Newest development:

Minutes ago, Trump denied ordering Barr to fire Berman, meaning Bill Barr lied to illegally remove a US attorney from his post.
    Or Trump is throwing Barr under the bus, one piece at a time.

Barr said in statement last night that Berman was stepping down, Berman said he wasn’t. Now Barr says in new letter that he asked Trump to fire Berman and that Trump did so. Now Trump says he’s not involved.
    Twitter Link
    Last edited by Tami; 06-20-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Well I'm sure that once Joe Biden is elected, everything will be all better, so I got nothing to worry about.

Scientific methods? How would you design an experiment to test if Washington was a racist piece of **** or not?
    You collect primary source data, and you judge him on the time period he lived in, according to the moral standards of his time. No one from the 18th century is going to have what is considered to be a progressive opinion today, human evolution was completely different 250 years ago.

You guys are really good at discussing the past while your country is going down the toilet in the present, you know that?
    I can't forsee Trump winning another election, he's too much of a right wing fruit loop, to the point Republican moderates have started Super Pacs to campaign for Biden. If Florida swings Democrat in November, he's pretty much done.

Remarkable moment on @MSNBC: A peaceful protester wearing a t-shirt that said "I Can't Breathe" is arrested outside the location of Trump's Tulsa rally. She was sitting on the ground. She said she had a ticket for the rally. She was still taken away.
    Twitter Link

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It depends on what school district you went to and what books were avaialbe for your school library to order.

Remember what got put in front of your to read had to be approved at the school baord level and the state level.

I remember looking at a catalog from Scholastic about what graphic novel (trades) we could order.

The only book with a person of color we could get was HULK. We couldn't even order X-men with Storm. This was 17 years ago.

Then folks wonder why you had schools asking for diverse books.
    Yes, I think that was very true esp in my era. What books that were available were those that were considered "safe"

Ultimate Member

Newest development:

Minutes ago, Trump denied ordering Barr to fire Berman, meaning Bill Barr lied to illegally remove a US attorney from his post.
    You'd think that Barr would have at least gotten Trump to remember the crime he was committing this week and stick to it

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    You collect primary source data, and you judge him on the time period he lived in, according to the moral standards of his time. No one from the 18th century is going to have what is considered to be a progressive opinion today, human evolution was completely different 250 years ago.
    Well, Thomas Paine might come close, but he was also considered a radical in his own time. Washington wasn't considered a racist at the time, but even he realized he was eventually going to be on the wrong side of history on slavery.

Woodrow Wilson, on the other hand, was quite the racist even for his time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I can't forsee Trump winning another election, he's too much of a right wing fruit loop, to the point Republican moderates have started Super Pacs to campaign for Biden. If Florida swings Democrat in November, he's pretty much done.
    I doubt he will get Michigan this time either if the polls are to believed. Just got to hope for no polling place shenanigans. There's already been some redistricting done in some states to make people travel farther to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You'd think that Barr would have at least gotten Trump to remember the crime he was committing this week and stick to it
    I used to have a hard time deciding which administration has committed worse crimes, Nixon's or Trump's. I think it's no contest now. Trump and his cabinet are not only corrupt, they're stupid from the top down

How about this: pretty much everyone in the past were horrible, racist assholes. EVERYONE. So lets learn about them in the context of their time, and see what lessons we can learn from them to make sure we never become those people again.

Newest development:
    That's fantastic. I can't wait to see what happens... oh wait, I know what will happen. The Democrats will howl bloody murder, and the Republicans will walk around with their fingers in their ears screaming "LA-LA-LA-LA" while ignoring the whole thing.

• Barr tries to trick Berman into quitting
    • Berman says no
    • Barr tries to fire Berman
    • Finds out he can't
    • Barr then says that Trump fired him
    • Trump says ' Nope, I have nothing to do with it, talk to Barr.'
    • Berman still has his job

A thought-provoking video from a Youtuber I just discovered -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I didn't foresee him winning the last election, so I won't exhale until he is out of the White House.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In Trump's defense though, he must be full of all kinds of drugs to be ready for Coronapalooza tonight.

Hillary was right!

A lot of people couldn't see Trump winning the first time, but he still did. I won't breathe a sigh of relief until the final results come in after the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I used to have a hard time deciding which administration has committed worse crimes, Nixon's or Trump's. I think it's no contest now. Trump and his cabinet are not only corrupt, they're stupid from the top down
    God, I knew Trump was worse than Nixon after his first year. It's just now that he knows the Republicans in the Senate will let him get away with everything, he'll try literally anything.