Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What if Synch Had Become the Starbrand?

Probably not the most scintillating What If?, depending on one's view of Synch. My purpose here really is twofold:

1. Redefine Everett's synchronal aura power. Instead of him using his aura to merely copy the superhuman abilities of others, here the powers that Everett syncs converge in a way to form a "key" that looks like a Starbrand. The key unlocks Everett as a living doorway and conduit to the Superflow. And yes, that is every bit as dangerous a proposition as one might think. Just wait until the Living Tribunal finds out that there is a truly organic Starbrand running around 616 that he can't easily control with a wave of his hand.

2. Save Ev from the curse of the X-men. I always wanted to see him starring on other teams alongside the likes of Captain America, Thor, Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, the Vision, etc. His decision to follow his dream and leave the X-men is not without consequence. Had he remained with the X-Men, his Starbrand powers would have been the difference between their survival and their death. He'll have to live with that pain for the rest of his life. Their ghosts will make sure of it. (If you see Everett talking to himself, don't automatically assume that he's crazy. He's just talking to the spirits of Skin and Jubilee, and they to him.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    What if Synch Had Become the Starbrand?

Probably not the most scintillating What If?, depending on one's view of Synch. My purpose here really is twofold:

1. Redefine Everett's synchronal aura power. Instead of him using his aura to merely copy the superhuman abilities of others, here the powers that Everett syncs converge in a way to form a "key" that looks like a Starbrand. The key unlocks Everett as a living doorway and conduit to the Superflow. And yes, that is every bit as dangerous a proposition as one might think. Just wait until the Living Tribunal finds out that there is a truly organic Starbrand running around 616 that he can't easily control with a wave of his hand.

2. Save Ev from the curse of the X-men. I always wanted to see him starring on other teams alongside the likes of Captain America, Thor, Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, the Vision, etc. His decision to follow his dream and leave the X-men is not without consequence. Had he remained with the X-Men, his Starbrand powers would have been the difference between their survival and their death. He'll have to live with that pain for the rest of his life. Their ghosts will make sure of it. (If you see Everett talking to himself, don't automatically assume that he's crazy. He's just talking to the spirits of Skin and Jubilee, and they to him.)
    That could be a very compelling idea.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

So after watching my young son watch YouTube videos that infringed on any number of copyrights, I came across a concept I'd kinda love to see in a few panels. Googling it shows what it could look like.

Bare with me because these characters CAN interact as the big guy was in Marvel comics.

What if Carnage merged with....wait for it.....wait for it....Godzilla!!

Absurd, but it's be cool to see.

What if Kitty Pryde worked for Stark.

They did a one off lark where she interviewed but if she stayed as part of his company it could lead to a lot of stories.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    So after watching my young son watch YouTube videos that infringed on any number of copyrights, I came across a concept I'd kinda love to see in a few panels. Googling it shows what it could look like.

Bare with me because these characters CAN interact as the big guy was in Marvel comics.

What if Carnage merged with....wait for it.....wait for it....Godzilla!!

Absurd, but it's be cool to see.
    It would probably be something similar to Shin Godzilla.

What if Black Panther had kept the Infinity Gauntlet.

I wanna a reality where 616 T'challa decides to just correct things but actually makes a new planet to allow expansion of Wakanda proper and sits as the ruler of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What if Captain America recruited Namor for the Avengers?

Shortly after being thawed out of ice, Captain America finds that his old war buddy Namor is still running around and goes out of his way to track him down and recruit him for the team.
    He did that in Avengers #16. Subby thanked him for the invitation, but declined.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What if Black Panther had kept the Infinity Gauntlet.

I wanna a reality where 616 T'challa decides to just correct things but actually makes a new planet to allow expansion of Wakanda proper and sits as the ruler of it.
    Honestly, I find it extremely dubious that someone like Black Panther, or even Adam Warlock for that matter, didn't use the gauntlet secretly to make a permanent change to all of reality. We're talking about two of the most intelligent, deeply philosophical thinkers and game planners in the Marvel Universe. They're not demagogues or megalomaniacs who can't get out of the way of their own cult of personality or perverse objectives. At the very least, T'Challa would have created some type of empirical failsafe. Maybe one day we'll get a story where Molecule Man or God Emperor whomever tries to wipe out Wakanda with a wave of their hand, but the IG failsafe kicks in and instead annihilates the would be destroyer.

BANNED

What if Thor never came to Midgard and became a founding avenger but Mljonir did and Jane picked it up becoming the Goddess of Thunder. How would that change the Marvel Universe up to this point.

What if T’Challa remained the avatar of the Tiger God

Carol Danvers never stopped being Binary and continued her adventures in space maybe even becoming a Herald of Galactus.

What if Black Bolt had given the location of Thanos’s son or the world reacted to the Terrigen bomb by going to war with the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Honestly, I find it extremely dubious that someone like Black Panther, or even Adam Warlock for that matter, didn't use the gauntlet secretly to make a permanent change to all of reality. We're talking about two of the most intelligent, deeply philosophical thinkers and game planners in the Marvel Universe. They're not demagogues or megalomaniacs who can't get out of the way of their own cult of personality or perverse objectives. At the very least, T'Challa would have created some type of empirical failsafe. Maybe one day we'll get a story where Molecule Man or God Emperor whomever tries to wipe out Wakanda with a wave of their hand, but the IG failsafe kicks in and instead annihilates the would be destroyer.
    Hell yeah! That's where a writer like Ewing could pick through all those points you lay down and craft a very decent story. Tell the truth it shouldn't be that hard to flesh out the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    What if Thor never came to Midgard and became a founding avenger but Mljonir did and Jane picked it up becoming the Goddess of Thunder. How would that change the Marvel Universe up to this point.

What if T’Challa remained the avatar of the Tiger God

Carol Danvers never stopped being Binary and continued her adventures in space maybe even becoming a Herald of Galactus.

What if Black Bolt had given the location of Thanos’s son or the world reacted to the Terrigen bomb by going to war with the Inhumans.
    That would have made more sense than what actually did happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would have made more sense than what actually did happen.
    I love a lot of the Inhuman characters and the whole concept of Krees experimented on humans and made something inhuman as well as the concept of Black Bolt but a lot of stuff for them doesn’t make sense.

The amount of times they move doesn’t make sense, the whole fact the United States didn’t declare war when they decided to move their city right over New York doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I love a lot of the Inhuman characters and the whole concept of Krees experimented on humans and made something inhuman as well as the concept of Black Bolt but a lot of stuff for them doesn’t make sense.

The amount of times they move doesn’t make sense, the whole fact the United States didn’t declare war when they decided to move their city right over New York doesn’t make sense.
    Especially since the U.S. government is usually ready to wipe out mutants for damn near just breathing the same air as "normal" humans.

What if Krakoa turned out to be a Cotati, and not a mutant?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

What if Moon Girl took over the inhumans

Spinning out of Secret Warriors book