Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Countdown to Endgame: Who is doing the watchathon?

Wanted to watch each one of the 22 movies in preparation for Endgame but not enough time. I might be able to squeeze my favorites: the three Thor movies, all the Avengers and Guardians and perhaps the Cap movies. Who else is doing the watchathon? And if so which ones would you absolutely watch before Endgame?

If not for Game of Thrones I might be up for it but I've been mass binging a rewatch of GoT the last few weeks for the final season.

All I'll probably do is watch Infinity one more time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    If not for Game of Thrones I might be up for it but I've been mass binging a rewatch of GoT the last few weeks for the final season.

Infinity Watch is probably the only one you really need although if like rumored we are going to the past to retrieve the stones then probably Avengers 1, the Thor movies, The Guardians and the first Captain America movie that all have events relating to the Infinity stones might be good to revisit, not so much the Iron Man movies, and perhaps Dr. Stange for the time stone.

Astonishing Member

Me neither, i just dont have the time for that.

But, does anyone know if there is a site that can bring me up to speed, like a who is who and who is where and who did what and when?

I intend to just watch Avengers:Infinity War, though I might end up sneaking Thor:Ragnarok in before it since IW starts off where Ragnarok ends.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wanted to watch each one of the 22 movies in preparation for Endgame but not enough time. I might be able to squeeze my favorites: the three Thor movies, all the Avengers and Guardians and perhaps the Cap movies. Who else is doing the watchathon? And if so which ones would you absolutely watch before Endgame?
    Ambitious! Of course, a bit more doable, at least for me, than folks buying tickets for the 12 movie, 31 hour Avengers Marathons in a movie theater!

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/a...marathon-56563

Or Regal's 22 movie marathon! O_O

https://www.regmovies.com/movies/mar...n/ho00008992#/

I wish a movie theater would do it like Regal did the Oscar nominations one year. Show all the movies over a month or a couple of weeks, with repeat showings. IIRC, you could buy discounted group tickets, and just come in to whatever showing fit your schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post

This is me. I'm trying to watch the last season of GoT, since Comcast's free Watchathon is this week.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ambitious! Of course, a bit more doable, at least for me, than folks buying tickets for the 12 movie, 31 hour Avengers Marathons in a movie theater!

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/a...marathon-56563

Or Regal's 22 movie marathon! O_O

https://www.regmovies.com/movies/mar...n/ho00008992#/

I wish a movie theater would do it like Regal did the Oscar nominations one year. Show all the movies over a month or a couple of weeks, with repeat showings. IIRC, you could buy discounted group tickets, and just come in to whatever showing fit your schedule.

This is me. I'm trying to watch the last season of GoT, since Comcast's free Watchathon is this week.
    Those theater watchathons are too expensive, I prefer doing it in the comfort of my home. And one of these days I will have to watch Game of Thrones since its first season, I'm one of the few persons that has never watched an episode.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Those theater watchathons are too expensive, I prefer doing it in the comfort of my home. And one of these days I will have to watch Game of Thrones since its first season, I'm one of the few persons that has never watched an episode.
    Oh YES! Game of Thrones is amazing! Brutal, but totally captivating. Actually, after this season would be the perfect time, because then you wouldn't have to wait a YEAR between each season. You could binge watch the whole series. Do it on a long weekend or even better, a week vacation, cause you will NOT be able to stop watching.

They are a bit pricey, but I can't resist the GIANT screen, DEAFENING sound system for some movies. The marathons, however ... well, the last one of those I did in the theater was the Lord of the Rings Extended Cut. O_O That is the limit of my endurance at one sitting.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh YES! Game of Thrones is amazing! Brutal, but totally captivating. Actually, after this season would be the perfect time, because then you wouldn't have to wait a YEAR between each season. You could binge watch the whole series. Do it on a long weekend or even better, a week vacation, cause you will NOT be able to stop watching.

They are a bit pricey, but I can't resist the GIANT screen, DEAFENING sound system for some movies. The marathons, however ... well, the last one of those I did in the theater was the Lord of the Rings Extended Cut. O_O That is the limit of my endurance at one sitting.
    I know what you mean but its so good to be able to pause, grab a snack or go to the bathroom. I'm extremely worried about that 3 hour length for Endgame. I might bring a diaper like Mark Ruffalo suggests.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I have Dr Strange, SM:HC, Thor 3 & A:IW left. Should have it done by May 1st (day I’m going to see Endgame)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I have Dr Strange, SM:HC, Thor 3 & A:IW left. Should have it done by May 1st (day I’m going to see Endgame)
    You are a patient person. I could never wait that long, I'm watching it April 25th, yes make mine Marvel!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

You are a patient person. I could never wait that long, I'm watching it April 25th, yes make mine Marvel!
    Not patient by choice, simply patient by necessity. If I had it my way I’d be there opening night but it wasn’t meant to be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Not patient by choice, simply patient by necessity. If I had it my way I’d be there opening night but it wasn’t meant to be.
    Yes, I understand. I was ready to buy those tickets the morning they became available but by 8:00 AM everything in my area was already sold out. Was lucky enough to get a couple seats at a farther movie theater.

Incredible Member

I am. Currently about to watch Thor Dark World. Doing a movie a day.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    I am. Currently about to watch Thor Dark World. Doing a movie a day.
    Believe it or not, that's one of my favorite movies. Many tend to put it down, even Hemsworth but I loved how they gave us a lot of Asgard and inside the royal family, Frigga and Jane, Thor and Loki, glimpses into the classical Odin's rejection for Thor and Jane's romance. A lot to love in my opinion. Yes, Malekith was not fleshed out or developed correctly but the movie had too many good things IMO. I'm sure Patty Jenkins would have made an even better movie but as it is it is still good.