Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow, if Disney buys Fox then Infinity Way part 2 would be one of the biggest movies of all time. WB could and should scrap any plans for future DC team up films because they would pale in comparison. If people were bored with Justice League because there have already been 3 Avengers films then there’s nothing they could do to compare with Deadpool, the X Men, and Fantastic Four teaming up with the current Marvel cinematic universe.

By all accounts the MCU franchise peaked with the first Avengers film. Why would adding X-Men characters make the film gross more? Why would adding X-Men characters make for a better film? There is no reason to assume any of this, particularly when, judging by the teaser they showed, Avengers 3 looks to be a poorly shot, garbage film with Steppenwolf 2.0 as the villain?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    By all accounts the MCU franchise peaked with the first Avengers film. Why would adding X-Men characters make the film gross more? Why would adding X-Men characters make for a better film? There is no reason to assume any of this, particularly when, judging by the teaser they showed, Avengers 3 looks to be a poorly shot, garbage film with Steppenwolf 2.0 as the villain?
    Avengers 3 Trailer broke record and Thanos is well known Villain that has carried his own comics and events while Stepponwolf is the equivalent of using Thanos Children as main Villain. Marvel will have all their characters and more story potential and a better group of people guiding the stories. DC first went with Zack Snyder’s Vision who has a passion mainly for the 80’s graphic novels and finds the rest silly.

I’m just sad that Marvel has essentially done what Superman and Orion never could. They’ve killed Darkseid.

The original will be seen as a “copy” or “rip off” of the actual doppelgänger in the eyes of the general public/average movie goer.

My life long dream of seeing Darkseid on the big screen has been crushed.

Darkseid will struggle with Cosmic stories. Multiverse and Hidden Realms still has potential. Not Every great threat needs to be cosmic

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I’m just sad that Marvel has essentially done what Superman and Orion never could. They’ve killed Darkseid.

The original will be seen as a “copy” or “rip off” of the actual doppelgänger in the eyes of the general public/average movie goer.

My life long dream of seeing Darkseid on the big screen has been crushed.
    Hardly. They just need to differentiate Darkseid FROM Thanos and make Darkseid look like "Thanos-who?"

Sure, if they just have Darkseid waltz through a Boom Tube and start randomly blowing crap up until the League beats him down and throws him back through it, that'll suck and look like a Thanos ripoff. On the other hand, if they push Darkseid as the corrupting force who is literally killing the DCU just by EXISTING within it? That's very different. If they bill him as the master strategist who even knows how to turn his defeats into victories that ultimately serve his goals? That's leaps and bounds beyond Thanos. If they show him making good use of his vast resources and powerful servants, it will also differentiate him.

All Infinity War takes off the table is that now WB would have to be CRAZY to make a Justice League: War movie, which is fine by me. All that has been eliminated is the option of using Darkseid at his blandest and most uninteresting. Now? If WB want to use him, they NEED to get creative and look at other aspects of Darkseid beyond "Oh, he's big, strong, and blows crap up with his eyes!"
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Funny I thought Avengers Infinity War looked like a excellently shot especially the swooping scene of fighters in Wakanda charging, great film and a ten year continuing story coming together bringing all the characters together with a villain who has been teased and building anticipation for 5 years since Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Hardly. They just need to differentiate Darkseid FROM Thanos and make Darkseid look like "Thanos-who?"

Sure, if they just have Darkseid waltz through a Boom Tube and start randomly blowing crap up until the League beats him down and throws him back through it, that'll suck and look like a Thanos ripoff. On the other hand, if they push Darkseid as the corrupting force who is literally killing the DCU just by EXISTING within it? That's very different. If they bill him as the master strategist who even knows how to turn his defeats into victories that ultimately serve his goals? That's leaps and bounds beyond Thanos. If they show him making good use of his vast resources and powerful servants, it will also differentiate him.

All Infinity War takes off the table is that now WB would have to be CRAZY to make a Justice League: War movie, which is fine by me. All that has been eliminated is the option of using Darkseid at his blandest and most uninteresting. Now? If WB want to use him, they NEED to get creative and look at other aspects of Darkseid beyond "Oh, he's big, strong, and blows crap up with his eyes!"
    Problem is the WB doesn't plan out their cinematic universe and stick to it they react to which way the wind is blowing.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Problem is the WB doesn't plan out their cinematic universe and stick to it they react to which way the wind is blowing.
    And do you REALLY want to tell me they're going to continue doing that in light of this newest disaster? I doubt it. Heck, if they want that AT&T merger to happen, they may find that continuing on the way they have is a flat-out dealbreaker at this point.

Nah. Bad as this has been, I think it'll probably be just the shot to the head WB needs.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Wow, if Disney buys Fox then Infinity Way part 2 would be one of the biggest movies of all time. WB could and should scrap any plans for future DC team up films because they would pale in comparison. If people were bored with Justice League because there have already been 3 Avengers films then there’s nothing they could do to compare with Deadpool, the X Men, and Fantastic Four teaming up with the current Marvel cinematic universe.

I still think that a solid Justice League built on the back of a series of acclaimed standalone films would do really well. May not be as big as Avengers, but i don't think they shall try to. I don't think people were bored of Justice League because of three Avengers films. If that would be the case the next Avengers would do poorly as well. A big team up film, is another team up film. If IW fails then i may consider that people were bored of Justice League due to three Avengers films.

While, i enjoyed Justice League a lot, its just not a good enough film for people in general. 41% RT, B+ Cinemascore, all point to this direction. It had a fall of about 60% last week. Normally, it shall be considered good. But its not. There are no new films opening to give them competition. Others are dropping below 50% at the same time. So, its not that they are bored of seeing a team up. Rather, they find the film lacking in entertainment value.

I have said this and again wish to repeat this. Justice League is not just a failure of its own. Just as it was supposed to be the culmination of a plan that started years ago, its reception in the BO is a culmination of a series of divisive films which turned people off.

I have changed my mind. It would not be a problem if they made the DCEU just like they made. MoS->BvS->SS->WW->JL. Had all the films been a critical as well as a commercial success with people loving them then Justice League would have been something else. I would say let them make Justice League after Man of Steel. That way Zack Snyder would be forced to make a solid team up film which seeks to entertain rather then make the audience think. 300 is an example of a film whose purpose is only to entertain. BvS tried a lot of things. A JL would then have taken inspiration from JL's first arc of New 52. It might not be liked by many fans, but its definitely a source which can work as a solid action, adventure, superhero team up film. People would be curious to watch Batman and Superman in JL just as they were in watching BvS. It opened huge indicating massive interest. A solid entertaining film would then do the rest.

I say the way forward is reboot. Starting fresh would make the people forget the dissapointing films which came before. A couple of solid films in a row and DCEU is back on track. While other fans say a continuation of stand alone films. I don't think that's enough. They are risky in my opinion. A couple of failures which is quite possible would simply end the DCEU. Start with Matt Reeve's Batman as the rebooted DCEU and go from there. After a reboot they just need to make a couple of good and entertaining films. Dark, light it does not matter as long as people love them, are critically good enough and well received by fans.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-05-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I still think that a solid Justice League built on the back of a series of acclaimed standalone films would do really well. May not be as big as Avengers, but i don't think they shall try to. I don't think people were bored of Justice League because of three Avengers films. If that would be the case the next Avengers would do poorly as well. A big team up film, is another team up film. If IW fails then i may consider that people were bored of Justice League due to three Avengers films.

While, i enjoyed Justice League a lot, its just not a good enough film for people in general. 41% RT, B+ Cinemascore, all point to this direction. It had a fall of about 60% last week. Normally, it shall be considered good. But its not. There are no new films opening to give them competition. Others are dropping below 50% at the same time. So, its not that they are bored of seeing a team up. Rather, they find the film lacking in entertainment value.

I have said this and again wish to repeat this. Justice League is not just a failure of its own. Just as it was supposed to be the culmination of a plan that started years ago, its reception in the BO is a culmination of a series of divisive films which turned people off.

I have changed my mind. It would not be a problem if they made the DCEU just like they made. MoS->BvS->SS->WW->JL. Had all the films been a critical as well as a commercial success with people loving them then Justice League would have been something else. I would say let them make Justice League after Man of Steel. That way Zack Snyder would be forced to make a solid team up film which seeks to entertain rather then make the audience think. 300 is an example of a film whose purpose is only to entertain. BvS tried a lot of things. A JL would then have taken inspiration from JL's first arc of New 52. It might not be liked by many fans, but its definitely a source which can work as a solid action, adventure, superhero team up film. People would be curious to watch Batman and Superman in JL just as they were in watching BvS. It opened huge indicating massive interest. A solid entertaining film would then do the rest.

I say the way forward is reboot. Starting fresh would make the people forget the dissapointing films which came before. A couple of solid films in a row and DCEU is back on track. While other fans say a continuation of stand alone films. I don't think that's enough. They are risky in my opinion. A couple of failures which is quite possible would simply end the DCEU. Start with Matt Reeve's Batman as the rebooted DCEU and go from there. After a reboot they just need to make a couple of good and entertaining films. Dark, light it does not matter as long as people love them, are critically good enough and well received by fans.
    I like your idea to reboot, i'm not sure I can trust the future of the DCEU to Aquaman and Shazam. Aquaman who felt like a bro the whole movie and i felt no connection or need to care more about him, as much as I like the comic book character. Same with Shazam, the character is an absolute unknown to general audiences and with this very weak foundation the DCEU is built on, between the literal unknown and brand damage will anyone want to take a chance if they didn't even bother with JL, and thats not including the people who hated that and are turned off even more to DC. For all we know JL killed any public interest in Aquaman too. Again I could be entirely wrong and if those two movies do great thats great because I want better movies we deserve them, look how divided every topic is and how people still argue about MOS. I guarantee you we will never see the Injustice League or Darkseid. I can't see WB wanting to take ANY risks now, which makes me think shazam could be canned soon.

Start fresh, have a strong foundation get a guy like Feige to have a solid vision from the start and implement it. No last minute cuts, no silly interference from execs.

I want good DC movies, if that means just solo movies self contained like has been rumored i'd be fine with that. Better to have that then the mess we have now that has everyone divided arguing.

They peaked domestically. Overseas is ever expanding.

It will likely be a hit the general audience. I mean Wonder Woman had overused slow motion in almost every fight, so many unneeded close ups, campy villains and a bad cgi finale fight but had insane word of mouth. Hell, Avengers 1 was a decent popcorn flick at best but is one of the only films to open above 150 million to have a 3x weekend multiplier so..

Honestly IW looked like the same old nothing new but with a crap ton more characters. It will probably do well but no one should expect to get over 600 mil dom. it will need insane legs and that the consistent track record of the McU means it won't reach those numbers.

Astonishing Member

I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I don't really care if they have a unified universe or make the movies separate from each other. As long as they are good movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

Look at what frickin WW did and SS despte all the negative/meh rep.

If MoS, BvS and SS were all as critically acclaimed as WW was and if JL was as critically acclaimed and maybe reinvented the wheel so it wasn't just another superhero team up origin movie, It legit would have had a big shot at beating the Avengers domestically because just like WW and the 70s show and every other media appearance, the Justice League has nostalgia especially from the older crowd due to Superfriends and the DcAU. But that is now all tarnished.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    And do you REALLY want to tell me they're going to continue doing that in light of this newest disaster? I doubt it. Heck, if they want that AT&T merger to happen, they may find that continuing on the way they have is a flat-out dealbreaker at this point.

Nah. Bad as this has been, I think it'll probably be just the shot to the head WB needs.
    What are they doing now? Scrambling to change course exactly what they've been doing since BvS they come up with a plan and then change the moment it looks like failure ir just is failure. IMO that won't change for Marvel Studios the Marvel properties are it for WB it's one corner of a bigger whole that's a big difference when it comes to importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I like your idea to reboot, i'm not sure I can trust the future of the DCEU to Aquaman and Shazam. Aquaman who felt like a bro the whole movie and i felt no connection or need to care more about him, as much as I like the comic book character. Same with Shazam, the character is an absolute unknown to general audiences and with this very weak foundation the DCEU is built on, between the literal unknown and brand damage will anyone want to take a chance if they didn't even bother with JL, and thats not including the people who hated that and are turned off even more to DC. For all we know JL killed any public interest in Aquaman too. Again I could be entirely wrong and if those two movies do great thats great because I want better movies we deserve them, look how divided every topic is and how people still argue about MOS. I guarantee you we will never see the Injustice League or Darkseid. I can't see WB wanting to take ANY risks now, which makes me think shazam could be canned soon.

Start fresh, have a strong foundation get a guy like Feige to have a solid vision from the start and implement it. No last minute cuts, no silly interference from execs.

I want good DC movies, if that means just solo movies self contained like has been rumored i'd be fine with that. Better to have that then the mess we have now that has everyone divided arguing.
    I would like to add that, i definitely want the solo films to be in the same universe with potential to team up in the future. First phase MCU films were all standalone affairs. With world building stuff reduced to background material. When it was brought to the forefront, it resulted in Iron Man 2, one of the lesser entries. Only after Avengers, in the second phase they were confident enough to make films such that Black Widow and Captain America can be in the same film and play important roles.

In short, their universe's growth was organic. Not something forced upon like they tried with BvS and SS. WW is like a phase one MCU film. The film was still set in the same universe, but alluding to a wider world was background stuff. Even now Marvel gives this wider world stuff as bonus material. Something for longtime fans. Its to service the movie not to distract from the film itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Look at what frickin WW did and SS despte all the negative/meh rep.

If MoS, BvS and SS were all as critically acclaimed as WW was and if JL was as critically acclaimed and maybe reinvented the wheel so it wasn't just another superhero team up origin movie, It legit would have had a big shot at beating the Avengers domestically because just like WW and the 70s show and every other media appearance, the Justice League has nostalgia especially from the older crowd due to Superfriends and the DcAU. But that is now all tarnished.
    I highlighted the word 'tarnished'. If any DCEU fan or any film fan in general can't see that, they are kidding themselves. BvS opened really huge. Since, then each film has decreased. In fact, JL is just about half of that 166 million which was supposed to challenge Avengers. JL 's numbers point to one and one thing only, people are abandoning the DCEU. They are losing interest.

If all things worked as you said, JL would definitely be a blockbuster challenging Avengers. Its Avengers with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. While some fans tend to reduce the importance of these names, these names have a widespread appeal beyond the comic book fans.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-05-2017 at 08:37 PM.