Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Gal Gadot Out as Wonder Woman?

So, apparently, Gal Gadot says she will NOT return back as Wonder Woman if Brett Ratner is still attached to the project.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...cid=spartanntp

Gal seems to be leveraging her newfound power and fame.

Astonishing Member

Don't scare me like this!

Go Gal!

Warner Bros. Isn't stupid. The backlash against them if they kept him anywhere near them, and they've already parted ways with him. This does make me love Gal even more tho.

I think we are about to see a huge shift in Hollyweird...
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yeah, there's no way WB will part company with Gal. Especially not for Ratner. Producers are a dime a dozen in Hollywood. Gal? It's not a stretch to say she may have been instrumental in saving the DCEU.

WB is raking in boatloads of money thanks to Gal, with more on the way. The fans have made it clear that Gal is a huge part of the reason why they love Wonder Woman right now. It's not just the costume or the character. Gal herself MADE the role. WB can't afford to lose her. Ratner, on the other hand, is VERY replaceable.

Good on you, Gal! You continue to prove that you really ARE Wonder Woman. If Diana was real, she'd be proud of you. And since she isn't real, we'll be proud of you on her behalf.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I am just happy that we are seeing a major star of a franchise like this take this stand. It's like Greg Rucka all over again, LOL!

BUT I do question, how does she feel about working with Ben? I mean, he was called out on some behavior too and he apologized. So is there a difference because Brett's production company is directly involved with WW?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Good for her. Get rid of the bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    BUT I do question, how does she feel about working with Ben? I mean, he was called out on some behavior too and he apologized. So is there a difference because Brett's production company is directly involved with WW?
    I'm pretty interested in what she thinks of the whole Ben situation myself. I haven't been able to be caught up with everything, but wasn't Ratner accused of rape? Plus I just saw an article that he outed Ellen Page when she was just 18?

The stuff Affleck was accused of was sleazy and gross, but he's still a saint compared to what some of these other creeps are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Good for her. Get rid of the bastard.

I'm pretty interested in what she thinks of the whole Ben situation myself. I haven't been able to be caught up with everything, but wasn't Ratner accused of rape? Plus I just saw an article that he outed Ellen Page when she was just 18?

The stuff Affleck was accused of was sleazy and gross, but he's still a saint compared to what some of these other creeps are doing.
    Yeah and sadly, Twitter is going in on Geoff Johns now. I mean, some fans are tweeting about how much he knew about Eddie Barganza AND Andrew Kreisberg since Warner Brothers just suspended him yesterday from the DC shows.

I'm sure that this will be wrapped up by tonight. DC and Warner Brothers are not losing Gal over this.

Astonishing Member

I am just happy that we are seeing a major star of a franchise like this take this stand.
    Amen! It's really painful to read the hurt so many have had to experience. But, on the other hand, it's really beautiful to see so many coming together to help and support each other as best they can.

It's like Greg Rucka all over again, LOL!
    What do you mean?

Obviously, I don't speak for her, but, for me, at least, Ben apologized. It was a whimpy apology (Jason's apology for his distasteful joke was much better), but even a whimpy apology is better than nothing.

Yeah and sadly, Twitter is going in on Geoff Johns now. I mean, some fans are tweeting about how much he knew about Eddie Barganza AND Andrew Kreisberg since Warner Brothers just suspended him yesterday from the DC shows.

I'm sure that this will be wrapped up by tonight. DC and Warner Brothers are not losing Gal over this.
    They've known about Berganza for years - it's long past due that they actually stop covering for him.
    Last edited by Awonder; 11-11-2017 at 09:57 PM.

I didn't realize his production company was involved in the movie. Shouldn't be a problem to replace them.

Why?

All I heard was that he outed Ellen Page before she was ready, I'm not quite up to date on my slang these days but doesnt that just meam that he revealed that she was gay to people?, sure it's a shitty thing to do, but it's not like sexual harassment or anything like that.

EDIT. Nevermind got him confused with someone else. So many holywood producers I've never heard of being accused of sexual harassment thesedays hard to keep track of who did what
    Last edited by RudHao; 11-11-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Retired

I like Gal's personality, but I don't think she really had any choice. Her reputation as an actress would be tarnished if she agreed to do a movie with Ratner again. She was already almost put in a position that would have damaged her when she was supposed to present him with an award, but backed out just before the ceremony. She doesn't want to find herself in such a compromising position again.

Extraordinary Member

Assumption of innocence? Rules of evidence?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Assumption of innocence? Rules of evidence?
    We're not a judge or jury, we don't abide by an assumption of innocence.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    We're not a judge or jury, we don't abide by an assumption of innocence.
    That is the attitude of the lynch mob.

I understand the allegations made against Ratner are very serious, and they are also made by multiple persons. But until and unless they are proven allegations are all that they are.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    That is the attitude of the lynch mob.

I understand the allegations made against Ratner are very serious, and they are also made by multiple persons. But until and unless they are proven allegations are all that they are.
    One small difference: lynch mobs tend to kill people.

If Ratner can clear his name, then he will have other movie projects upon which to work. In the meantime? It looks pretty bad to have him in any way involved in a movie starring the greatest feminist icon in comics.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--