Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

I hope Beta Ray Bill joins later down the line.
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    She is from Heven. She was born into the Anchorites, the caste who are assigned male at birth. As for her powers, she has magic. Very strong magic, at that. She is, in fact, a very talented magician. Oh, and she's also an experienced bounty hunter, a competent fighter with physical abilities beyond those of most mortal beings.

This is information that's actually pretty clearly presented in the comic, for anyone who read it.
    This. It's laid out in Angela's solo series. Along with her greatest power: the ability to tell a tale to make all but the greatest bards weep in envy.

The lineup looks fun to me. I've not read Bunn's work, so the criticism makes me a little hesitant, but I'm going to give it a go.

Immediate criticisms:

• Angela seems to be in the classic garb. Honestly would have rather seen her in her Angel Armor, I thought it made for a good re-envisioning for her.
    • Was hoping for Thor, I can do without. But can ew at least have Sera narrate? Seriously, this team lineup has more than a little potential whimsey, and Sera could soooooo deliver.
    • The Destroyer seems a bit … overkill. Maybe a surprise guest inside?
    • A mini? Why do you hate me, Marvel?
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 06-07-2018 at 11:13 PM.

what's up with the goggles? just wondering.

is the mace shaped a little different?

I'm still thrown that a sliver of mjolnir can morph a frog into a mini-Thor- oh well. comics.

Valkyrie. Ah- how strong is she now?

How does Angela feel about asgardians in general now? whats her take on Jane Foster?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what's up with the goggles? just wondering.

is the mace shaped a little different?

I'm still thrown that a sliver of mjolnir can morph a frog into a mini-Thor- oh well. comics.

Valkyrie. Ah- how strong is she now?

How does Angela feel about asgardians in general now? whats her take on Jane Foster?
    Presumably, Kevin thinks they look cool.

Probably. Artistic license.

I love superhero comics.

Very. Not as strong as Thor, but she's an Asgardian, so she can throw cars. And I'm pretty sure she is considered strong even by Asgardian standards, and a particularly skilled warrior.

She doesn't particularly care one way or the other about Asgardians, and she didn't have much of a take on Jane Foster. She respected Jane as Thor, as much as she can respect anyone, but still didn't really care.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's talk like that that leads to the Three's fate in Ragnarok .

I dunno, it feels like it's been a long time since the Destroyer was actually as big of a threat as it used to be.
    Well, that didn't bother me either? The Warriors Three are kinda gimmicky. I prefer Angela, Balder, Sif, Heimdall & Valkyrie.

As for Destroyer, I still have fond memories of when it was still a legitimate threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I like all of those choices. With Sera, we could have a story about Angela looking for her, only to find out she was bound to the Destroyer all along. With Amora, we could have a story about her trying to lure Skurge again by using the armor to disguise as an ally. With Jane, you find a way to keep her active in an Asgardian story without putting her physical body in danger.
    Mhm. Sera's spirit being housed in the Destroyer would be a great story, especially if she's unable to communicate to Angela that she's there. I'd love Enchantress to get a decent role but I think she's on Malekiths Dark Council. As for Jane, I do think it'd be a great way of having her present without her physical form being in any danger.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    • Angela seems to be in the classic garb. Honestly would have rather seen her in her Angel Armor, I thought it made for a good re-envisioning for her.
    • Was hoping for Thor, I can do with. But can we at least have Sera narrate? Seriously, this team lineup has more than a little potential whimsey, and Sera could soooooo deliver.
    • The Destroyer seems a bit … overkill. Maybe a surprise guest inside?
    • I would have preferred the Angel armor too. The classic armor is somewhat plain.
    • Sera is supposedly set to appear later on, provided Bunn gets enough issues to tell that story.
    • Already it's been teased that 'unknown' is housed within the Destroyer. That's def important.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Mhm. Sera's spirit being housed in the Destroyer would be a great story, especially if she's unable to communicate to Angela that she's there. I'd love Enchantress to get a decent role but I think she's on Malekiths Dark Council. As for Jane, I do think it'd be a great way of having her present without her physical form being in any danger.
    There would be a good way for the Enchantress to stop being with Malekith, all the time she has been apart so far, she does it to monitor the actions of Sylvie Lushton in the place she sent her at the end of the Illuminati series, and that she is busy thinking about other things so as to be wasting her time with Malekith (It's an idea, but it would be convincing to explain things).

Lorelei and Sigurd do not even care about Asgard, Lorelei continues with her robberies and seemingly heroic acts and Sigurd simply accompanies her and watches that she does not get out of control.

Just to explain what happens with them as it is difficult to see them for any series currently.

What exactly has Bunn done to provoke the negative comments about him? He has always been a solid writer with a pretty good pedigree before joining Marvel, with a reasonable track record on team books. At one point he was seen as a potential saviour of Marvel.

Personally, he is writing one of my favourite books X-Men Blue, and although it is not the deepest of books it is a good story with thoughtful characterisation and the requisite convoluted plot that I look for in an X-Book.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    What exactly has Bunn done to provoke the negative comments about him? He has always been a solid writer with a pretty good pedigree before joining Marvel, with a reasonable track record on team books. At one point he was seen as a potential saviour of Marvel.

Personally, he is writing one of my favourite books X-Men Blue, and although it is not the deepest of books it is a good story with thoughtful characterisation and the requisite convoluted plot that I look for in an X-Book.
    I don't know, but I really loved his Magneto series 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I don't know, but I really loved his Magneto series 4 years ago.
    I'd guess just the same old "Regular Comic Book Writer..." stuff that any other writer has done to provoke the negativity.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    What exactly has Bunn done to provoke the negative comments about him? .
    Maybe some people just *GASP* don't like his writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Maybe some people just *GASP* don't like his writing?
    I gathered that. But until recently I have only ever heard positive things about his writing. Recently I made a passingly negative comment about him and I was shot down despite generally being a fan of his work and having been reading him ever since I came back to comics. And yet on this thread we see some posters casually state that because he is writing it they won’t read it. So there have to be some reasons behind this.

Excited to see Valkyrie, Destroyer and Angela on a book. Far less interested in attempts to make Throg happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time a mini actually sold well enough to warrant an ongoing?
    Mercs for Money, though it restarted with a new #1, changed it's roster at issue 4, and didn't last a year. Also, Spider-Gwen was originally just an issue of Edge of Spider-Verse, they fast tracked that to ongoing status, but Secret Wars turned that first volume into a mini. The second volume though, has over 30 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Ms Marvel
    Aren't all four volumes of that long enough runners that you couldn't call them anything but an ongoing?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Mercs for Money, though it restarted with a new #1, changed it's roster at issue 4, and didn't last a year. Also, Spider-Gwen was originally just an issue of Edge of Spider-Verse, they fast tracked that to ongoing status, but Secret Wars turned that first volume into a mini. The second volume though, has over 30 issues.

Aren't all four volumes of that long enough runners that you couldn't call them anything but an ongoing?
    What about Marvel 2-in-One, it was supposed to be a mini but then it was expanded for more issues an even an annual?