Page 161 of 191 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2854
    Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Does anyone here have books stored on an actually shelf on the wall and not just a bookcase?
    If anyone has any pics to share i would appreciate it

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Some great collections guys. Looking very impressive

@RickyMeister, my very top shelf (Indie titles, Star Wars & Marvel events) is an actual shelf on the wall - I posted my collection on p.152.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Some great collections guys. Looking very impressive

@RickyMeister, my very top shelf (Indie titles, Star Wars & Marvel events) is an actual shelf on the wall - I posted my collection on p.152.
    Have you ever had any problems with it being too heavy?
    Im planning on getting two shelfs above my desk as i am starting to run out of space on my bookcase
    Also, super jealous of that daredevil shelf especially.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Have you ever had any problems with it being too heavy?
    Im planning on getting two shelfs above my desk as i am starting to run out of space on my bookcase
    Also, super jealous of that daredevil shelf especially.
    No, no problems but I do worry a bit although the screws and wall plugs are super long (the wall is pretty thick) and my father-in-law who put the wooden shelf together said it will hold.

That Daredevil shelf has since been upgraded with the Daredevil Waid Vol. 2 Omnibus and the Shadowland Omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Great collections, guys!

@Materiel: I'mmissing a close-up ofthe omnibuses.
    https://imgur.com/a/qtrNMoc

Still waiting on the Miles omnibus. I didn't pull the trigger on Tuesday with Runaways/Batman 2

No, no problems but I do worry a bit although the screws and wall plugs are super long (the wall is pretty thick) and my father-in-law who put the wooden shelf together said it will hold.

That Daredevil shelf has since been upgraded with the Daredevil Waid Vol. 2 Omnibus and the Shadowland Omnibus
    My brother has a kallax up in his house, although i dont think he uses it for anything heavy he can hang from it, just need to ask him about it before i buy any.
    My current daredevil collection fits perfectly on one shelf currently, but that will get screwed up when i get the marvel knights omni/bendis omni and whenever soules run gets hardcovers.(if i can wait, i am really tempted to just buy the trades)

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    My brother has a kallax up in his house, although i dont think he uses it for anything heavy he can hang from it, just need to ask him about it before i buy any.
    My current daredevil collection fits perfectly on one shelf currently, but that will get screwed up when i get the marvel knights omni/bendis omni and whenever soules run gets hardcovers.(if i can wait, i am really tempted to just buy the trades)
    My Daredevil shelf acquired more space due to the recent exodus of all the Shadowland trades and Waid OHCs to make room for the Omnis. I'd wait it out for the eventual Soule OHCs. I ended up duplicating almost every Daredevil run due to TPB/PHC/Floppy purchases followed by Omnibuses/OHC upgrades. I've only managed to sell off a fraction of those initial purchases.

Hi guys.

What was that popular ikea shelf that everyone was getting about 3-4 years ago?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Hi guys.

What was that popular ikea shelf that everyone was getting about 3-4 years ago?
    Kallax. There's also the Billy that has adjustable shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Kallax. There's also the Billy that has adjustable shelves.
    Yep, Kallax was previously known as Expedit (essentially the same with a very minor difference), but if you choose Billy be sure to get the narrow model, otherwise it'll sag like mad.

Thanks, folks

My cheap Wal-Mart and big lot bookcases are binding to the point it's time to replace them. Anyone know what bookcase I should get (on a budget) that can hold trades?

Spectacular Member

Default Moving House and the New Shelf Order

Hey guys, after having finally finished moving house, I wanted to share with you my new and bigger room for the collection. I hope you enjoy the center piece of the collection, which is the X family shelf. Again I have to say Thank you to Crisis, without his dedication especially in the early days of getting started it would not have been possible to create this collection.
    I am still going strong and have now some extra space and a third Kallax (do not get me started on the quality loss moving on from Expedit to the first Kallax series, which was okish, to the newer one which is utter garbage), I hope to find some of my whales down the road.
    Also my most loved X character needs at least to have her name droped here: Theresa Cassidy (Siryn). I hope we will see the X-Force Epics again, as it has been more then a year since the last Volume came out ... not a good sign.

I also wanted to use this post to voice my concern of the current (in-)activity in some parts of the Collected Editions forums, it seems that we lost some active members and in depth analysists during the last year. Especially the Marvel Collected Editions thread was always my to go possibility to write about X titles, the state of the current Marvel titles, etc. and I enjoyed the often controversial opinions there. As I do not read single issues the X forum itself is kind of hard to follow or to engage in discussions about story arcs that are for the most people who are very active there, old news when the collected edition hits or even worse, in terms of older titles getting collected, do not seem to be interesting.

However, I wanted to share the collection and wanted to say thank you for the discussions and hints about a good way to move the collection!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Hey guys, after having finally finished moving house, I wanted to share with you my new and bigger room for the collection. I hope you enjoy the center piece of the collection, which is the X family shelf. Again I have to say Thank you to Crisis, without his dedication especially in the early days of getting started it would not have been possible to create this collection.
    I am still going strong and have now some extra space and a third Kallax (do not get me started on the quality loss moving on from Expedit to the first Kallax series, which was okish, to the newer one which is utter garbage), I hope to find some of my whales down the road.
    Also my most loved X character needs at least to have her name droped here: Theresa Cassidy (Siryn). I hope we will see the X-Force Epics again, as it has been more then a year since the last Volume came out ... not a good sign.

I also wanted to use this post to voice my concern of the current (in-)activity in some parts of the Collected Editions forums, it seems that we lost some active members and in depth analysists during the last year. Especially the Marvel Collected Editions thread was always my to go possibility to write about X titles, the state of the current Marvel titles, etc. and I enjoyed the often controversial opinions there. As I do not read single issues the X forum itself is kind of hard to follow or to engage in discussions about story arcs that are for the most people who are very active there, old news when the collected edition hits or even worse, in terms of older titles getting collected, do not seem to be interesting.

However, I wanted to share the collection and wanted to say thank you for the discussions and hints about a good way to move the collection!
    Looking very nice indeed poolovision! Your X-Family shelf is very impressive. You want to be just careful when the sun comes into the room in that it doesn't cause the colour on the spines to fade, but you're probably aware of that. I messed up one shelf of regular books (not comics) due to light exposure as there was a lack of proper shading on the window when the sun passed by.

I share your concern regarding the inactivity on the Collected threads in particular the Marvel one which used to be the fastest moving thread. I remember the day when you'd blink (okay maybe missed a daily check), and the thread had moved a couple of pages forward. I know more threads were created and "themes" spread out but it doesn't explain the lack of movement in the last year or so. There is, however, always a slight buzz during the new solicitations or new Hachette catalogue.

Incredible Member

Looking very nice indeed poolovision! Your X-Family shelf is very impressive. You want to be just careful when the sun comes into the room in that it doesn't cause the colour on the spines to fade, but you're probably aware of that. I messed up one shelf of regular books (not comics) due to light exposure as there was a lack of proper shading on the window when the sun passed by.

I share your concern regarding the inactivity on the Collected threads in particular the Marvel one which used to be the fastest moving thread. I remember the day when you'd blink (okay maybe missed a daily check), and the thread had moved a couple of pages forward. I know more threads were created and "themes" spread out but it doesn't explain the lack of movement in the last year or so. There is, however, always a slight buzz during the new solicitations or new Hachette catalogue.
    i put a UV blocking mirror tint film on my windows for just this reason. It claims to block >90% of UV and was fairly cheap on Amazon and easy to install. Highly recommend it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?