Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, its pretty good.

63 53.39%
  • Nah, its pretty bad.

55 46.61%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    At first it was just ok, much like gen-x it has become better and better with each issue.
    This about sums it up for me

Better than a lot that had the misfortune to read during the last years.

But in fact it is still nothing extraordinary just good. For now this is enough and is improving with each issue.

I think Gold is really good. At least when compared to the dumpster fire that the X-men titles have been since Fraction's run began. Compared to pre Fraction it's average at best.

I guess. I don't hate it, so that's something.

Yeah, its pretty good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I honestly can't vote since there's no 'Meh' option. Gold has had more consistent good art than Blue but it has a far less entertaining story. The push to make Kitty a good leader is backfiring hilariously. Gold is better than Extraordinary was, I'll give it that. I'm SO hoping that Astonishing v4 cements itself as the true flagship X-book.
    Every Astonishing X-Men series has been great in the past. I don't think this will top astonishing x-men volume 3 (Whedon + Cassidy) or The Age of Apocalypse series but I hope it draws inspirations from those past comics.

BANNED

The secret best Astonishing run was Marjorie Liu's. Especially once Walta came on art. It's actually one of the better unsung runs of the 2000s core X-Men imo, up there with Claremont X-Treme and Carey adjectiveless.

I wish all 3 could come back. Claremont Gold, Carey Blue and Liu Astonishing would be a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    The secret best Astonishing run was Marjorie Liu's. Especially once Walta came on art. It's actually one of the better unsung runs of the 2000s core X-Men imo, up there with Claremont X-Treme and Carey adjectiveless.

I wish all 3 could come back. Claremont Gold, Carey Blue and Liu Astonishing would be a dream.
    It was really great, wasn't it? Karma and Cecilia and Gambit and Bobby and the real Logan, all hanging out in Manhattan in gorgeous Walta art.

No.

Marginal improvement on Extraordinary X-Men.

Still mediocre as all hell.

Liu and Walta was a great team.

Voted yes for Gold because it is better then Extraordinary. But it is really mediocre.

Issue #7, I thought showed improvement but I'm not really enjoying it. I don't even feel as if there are any bad moments either- it's just boring. I read issue #5 and I didn't process anything that happened - in my opinion, that might be even worse than a comic with notable bad moments

However, it has nothing on Austen's Uncanny run, which has a special place in hell for being the worst.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

all X comics are really bad and not good right now

I love the cast of X-men Gold but I am not sold on the stories. I feel like everyone has been dumbed down to make Kitty look good as leader. There are elements that I like of what I've read so far and I am continuing to buy the book to support it. Rachel is my favorite character of this line up and I look forward to seeing how she develops during this run. I kind of feel like Storm isn't being used properly and should would benefit from being in a non X-men book saving the world and stuff if she doesn't want to lead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Also whatever happened to the mystery of the new Pyro and Avalanch? I was looking forward to a Rusty Collins and Rictor reveal.
    or like ANY of the unanswered questions.

Like Did Kitty finally pay the taxes for the school? Where did it come from? And why not just move the school to save money?

Did she stop payment on the security system and that's how there's a murdering human on the loose?

It's aight. Feels safe.