Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To add to that, even if they find an alternative later, unless proven otherwise, they were not going to find it while Steve was around, and they surely weren't going to find it through the Great Society right at that moment.

In short, this had to be done.

BANNED

Finally Namor can go back to being a villain. None of this acting like he's some hero nonsense.
    Now he can finally relax knowing he'll one day die or be killed off in a future event either way I no longer have to give a crap about Namor any longer. I'm looking forward to that war between Wakanda and Atlantis Team T'challa all the way.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 07-30-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Finally Namor can go back to being a villain. None of this acting like he's some hero nonsense.
    Now he can finally relax knowing he'll one day die or be killed off in a future event either way I no longer have to give a crap about Namor any longer. I'm looking forward to that war between Wakanda and Atlantis Team T'challa all the way.
    Are you serious? Namor just saved trillions of lives. No one else had any other options and the rest were placing their self-worth above that of continued survival. Namor did what none of them could do.

The villainous thing to do would have been to let two universes die because your conscience can't handle blood on your hands, even if it saves trillions.

Namor's the greatest hero on the Illuminati.
    On ye olde CBR

I think this will ultimately move him form "anti-hero" to "anti-villain" though. In the context of NA he's justifiable, however like I said the rest of the MU operates on a very Black/White scale. He isn't making the choice out being evil or anything but ultimately his decisiveness in this situation means that while the others can keep their (stained) Avengers card, Namor isn't getting invited over to play poker ever again most likely. It needed to be done but this is going to push him over the moral event horrizon.

I'm interested to see how his story turns out now that we know he's going to the new Cabal.

I think Black Panther will kill him but it will be out of mercy. Namor is shouldering a lot and as we saw he does feel guilt over "many things". I think Namor will ultimately ask for death as absolution and T'challa knowing the guilt he carries may kill him out of pity, understanding, and mercy. I think that whole exchange about mercy in this issue is going to be sort of a checkov's gun.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the books epilogue and we see "This is the story of two men. One was life. One was Death."
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-30-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I see people blaming Strange and Namor for what was done, but they are all responsible. Nobody gets to walk away from this one clean. Namor, Beast, Strange, Tony, Reed. Bolt and T'Challa. All have blood on their hands. No amount of had wringing can get that off. No one walks away from this. This is were this was heading. Just because Namor pressed the button doesn't mean the rest didn't due anything. They help make the frigging button.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    The villainous thing to do would have been to let two universes die because your conscience can't handle blood on your hands, even if it saves trillions.

Namor's the greatest hero on the Illuminati.
    I'm not doubting his effort to save everyone just the ramifications everyone will view him for and for the fact that later in the future he'll do the same thing with his "Ends justify the means!" not related to incursions. Really at this point I kinda expect him to flood another city. But I kinda figured I'll get mobbed by the Namor fans for having an opinion against him so I say bring it, throw your insults and your thumbs down.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I think this will ultimately move him form "anti-hero" to "anti-villain" though. In the context of NA he's justifiable, however like I said the rest of the MU operates on a very Black/White scale. He isn't making the choice out being evil or anything but ultimately his decisiveness in this situation means that while the others can keep their (stained) Avengers card, Namor isn't getting invited over to play poker ever again most likely. It needed to be done but this is going to push him over the moral event horrizon.

I'm interested to see how his story turns out now that we know he's going to the new Cabal.

I think Black Panther will kill him but it will be out of mercy. Namor is shouldering a lot and as we saw he does feel guilt over "many things". I think Namor will ultimately ask for death as absolution and T'challa knowing the guilt he carries may kill him out of pity, understanding, and mercy. I think that whole exchange about mercy in this issue is going to be sort of a checkov's gun.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the books epilogue and we see "This is the story of two men. One was life. One was Death."
    Pfft I'm sorry I had to laugh but Namor asking for death feeling guilt. These are things that are far too OOC for Namor. But your right on the ball of him being Anti Villain so I approve of that.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 07-30-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I see people blaming Strange and Namor for what was done, but they are all responsible. Nobody gets to walk away from this one clean. Namor, Beast, Strange, Tony, Reed. Bolt and T'Challa. All have blood on their hands. No amount of had wringing can get that off. No one walks away from this. This is were this was heading. Just because Namor pressed the button doesn't mean the rest didn't due anything. They help make the frigging button.
    That is all true. But like I said the rest can still go back to being heroes saddled with guilt. Namor is the triggerman and in the black and white world of the MU he can't really come back from that whether justified or not. What he did is heroic in a very pragmatic way but only the Illumanti would ever get that. That kind of justification won't fly with Cap or Spider-Man.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Pfft I'm sorry I had to laugh but Namor asking for death feeling guilt. These are things that are far too OOC for Namor. But your right on the ball of him being Anti Villain so I approve of that.
    He said he feels guilty in the book like 4 issues ago. I'm almost positive he's going to die, and I'm pretty sure T'challa is going to do it. But I don't think it's going to be out of revenge.
    Pull List:

I'm not doubting his effort to save everyone just the ramifications everyone will view him for and for the fact that later in the future he'll do the same thing with his "Ends justify the means!" not related to incursions. Really at this point I kinda expect him to flood another city. But I kinda figured I'll get mobbed by the Namor fans for having an opinion against him so I say bring it, throw your insults and your thumbs down.
    None of the Illuminati have room to judge, and every single one of them have used the "ends justify the means" excuse for way pettier things. In fact, Namor has a better track record on that front than most every other Illuminati member.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

As to Strange for killing the GS I'm also annoyed the same with Namor. But than again this is a title not for me.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 07-30-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Removed negativity

Yeah, if it wasn't for T'Challa and Tony, I think Strange would have done the job even before the bomb.

Now if he'd kill just the Great Society's Earth is a pretty good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    That is all true. But like I said the rest can still go back to being heroes saddled with guilt. Namor is the triggerman and in the black and white world of the MU he can't really come back from that whether justified or not. What he did is heroic in a very pragmatic way but only the Illumanti would ever get that. That kind of justification won't fly with Cap or Spider-Man.
    They shouldn't worry about Steve or Peter. They wouldn't have made it this far anyway. The Illuminati got together because others wouldn't go this far. Steve's already pissed anyway lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    They shouldn't worry about Steve or Peter. They wouldn't have made it this far anyway. The Illuminati got together because others wouldn't go this far. Steve's already pissed anyway lol.
    Actually I wonder how well Superior Spidey would work with them? Lol.

Did not know Namor was that sick. Good issue. Namor is gonna reap the consequences of this.